Crazy for Young Adult Books discussion

ARCHIVES: CHALLENGES > Week 109: 3-9 November (Fall Is Here)

Comments Showing 1-50 of 53 (53 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by Mehsi (new)

Mehsi | 26632 comments Fall has now officially started! Leaves are turning colours, leaves falling on the ground, rain is more and more present. And it is also the perfect time to snuggle up with a good book.

So for this week's theme:
1~ Read a book in Fall colours (Orange/red/yellow/brown).
2~ Read a book where the story takes place during Fall.
3~ Read a book with a cover of a Fall scenery (Trees with red/orange/yellow leaves, or a fireplace or anything else you think is Fall like).
4~ Read a book about the main character's life changing (since Summer changed to Fall)
5~ Read a book that you think would perfectly fit a rainy day, a book just want to snuggle up with a warm blanket covering you.
6~ Read a book that was published during the Fall season.

Well I hope you all will enjoy this one. :)

message 2: by Gisbelle (new)

Gisbelle | 27299 comments Great theme, Mehsi.

Since I love rainy days, I'll go with option 5. I'm off to find a suitable book.

message 3: by Gisbelle (new)

Gisbelle | 27299 comments I'm going to read one of these:

Promposal by Rhonda Helms Blackbird Fly by Erin Entrada Kelly Colonial Madness by Jo Whittemore The Courage of Cat Campbell by Natasha Lowe

message 4: by Mehsi (new)

Mehsi | 26632 comments Thanks Gisbelle!

Ohh those look like really fun books, enjoy. :)

message 5: by Gisbelle (new)

Gisbelle | 27299 comments Welcome.

Yes, I think so too :) And hope they don't disappoint.

message 6: by Mehsi (last edited Nov 02, 2014 03:04AM) (new)

Mehsi | 26632 comments I also hope they won't disappoint. Always hate it when I have books that seem so promising but turn out to be utter disappointments. :(

Also, if you read Promposal and Courage of Cat Campbell, could you let me know what you thought? I am looking forward to those 2 books.

message 7: by Gisbelle (new)

Gisbelle | 27299 comments Yes, it happens to me a lot because I don't actually read synopsis. I choose the books mainly based on the covers and the authors if I have read their books before. I'm pretty shallow.

Of course, I will :) I need to get them done too as I got the ARC for a while and they almost expire.

message 8: by Mehsi (new)

Mehsi | 26632 comments Yes, I can imagine that it happens more often that you will be disappointed. Eh, I don't think shallow is that bad. Also I am pretty shallow too. I mostly base my reads only on blurb and/or cover. I am an enormous cover snob. I generally don't read books when the cover is bad, no matter if the blurb actually sounds good. :)

Thanks! Oh, how long do you have left to read them?

message 9: by Trisha, lives on coffee (new)

Trisha | 31440 comments yay! love the theme Mehsi!!

I'm going with option 1:

and will read: Ready Player One by Ernest Cline

message 10: by Gisbelle (new)

Gisbelle | 27299 comments Mehsi, around 2 weeks left.

message 11: by Gisbelle (new)

Gisbelle | 27299 comments Trisha, I heard that is a great book. I hope you like it.

message 12: by Trinity (new)

Trinity I will go #5 because I also love cuddling up in bed so I'll choose How to Save a Life by Sara Zarr

message 13: by ★ℕłℂØℓҾ★ (Nix), snowflakes and eyelashes (last edited Nov 02, 2014 05:47PM) (new)

★ℕłℂØℓҾ★ (Nix) (ladyknightnix) | 5510 comments I'll be reading Option 1: Fall Colors (Orange, Red, Yellow, Brown)

Incarceron (Incarceron, #1) by Catherine Fisher

message 14: by Vicki (new)

Vicki (goodreadscomboobooper49) | 32355 comments Nicole wrote: "I'll be reading Option 1: Fall Colors (Orange, Red, Yellow, Brown)

Incarceron (Incarceron, #1) by Catherine Fisher"

OMG! I LOVED that book! I buddy read it with Trisha and I remember that we both gave it 4 stars and we both gave book 2 5 stars. It's weird in some ways but it's so good! I really hope you love it!

message 15: by Vicki (new)

Vicki (goodreadscomboobooper49) | 32355 comments So excited as I will be reading Endless (Shadowlands, #3) by Kate Brian

message 16: by Katherine (new)

Katherine | 2834 comments Great theme Mehsi!!

I'll be going with option 6 reading Mortal Heart (His Fair Assassin, #3) by Robin LaFevers , which comes out this week!!!

message 17: by Allison (new)

Allison Brunskill | 1891 comments I love the theme. I'll be using Option 1 and Option 6 since it just came out. Very Bad Things by Susan McBride

message 18: by Mandiann (new)

Mandiann (goodreadscommandiann) | 7495 comments Trisha wrote: "yay! love the theme Mehsi!!

I'm going with option 1:

and will read: Ready Player One by Ernest Cline"

I will also read this book.

message 19: by Mehsi (new)

Mehsi | 26632 comments Trisha wrote: "yay! love the theme Mehsi!!

I'm going with option 1:

Thanks Trisha!

Ohh that looks like a nice book, hope you enjoy it!

message 20: by Mehsi (new)

Mehsi | 26632 comments Trinity wrote: "I will go #5 because I also love cuddling up in bed so I'll choose How to Save a Life by Sara Zarr"

That seems like a perfect book for cuddling up in bed. Hope you like it. :)

message 21: by Mehsi (new)

Mehsi | 26632 comments Gisbelle wrote: "Mehsi, around 2 weeks left."

That is pretty soon. Good luck, hopefully you are able to read them all.

message 22: by Mehsi (new)

Mehsi | 26632 comments Vicki wrote: "So excited as I will be reading Endless (Shadowlands, #3) by Kate Brian"

Oh pretty cover, hope the book is just as good as the cover. :)

Katherine wrote: "Great theme Mehsi!!

I'll be going with option 6 reading Mortal Heart (His Fair Assassin, #3) by Robin LaFevers, which comes out this week!!!"

Thanks Katherine! Happy to hear that.

I hope you enjoy your book, it does look like a good one. (sadly GR is bugging, so I can't see the description).

Mandiann wrote: "I will also read this book."

Enjoy Mandiann!

message 23: by Mehsi (new)

Mehsi | 26632 comments Allison wrote: "I love the theme. I'll be using Option 1 and Option 6 since it just came out.Very Bad Things by Susan McBride"

Thanks Allison! :)

Oh 2 options, nice! Enjoy the book.

message 24: by Mehsi (new)

Mehsi | 26632 comments And I will be checking which book I will be reading in a bit. Let's see what comes out this week, or what I have in my list that is red.

Will wait for GR to work correctly again, since I can't really open book pages now.

message 25: by Jeanine (new)

Jeanine Carstairs (daechwita) | 545 comments This is great! I'm gonna join and I'll be using option 1 :(

message 26: by Jeanine (new)

Jeanine Carstairs (daechwita) | 545 comments * :)

message 27: by Mehsi (new)

Mehsi | 26632 comments Thanks Jeanine, hope you will enjoy your book. :)

message 28: by Gisbelle (new)

Gisbelle | 27299 comments I finished Promposal by Rhonda Helms (4*) | review

In general, I thought it was a really enjoyable book. It was super sweet and so cute.

message 29: by Mehsi (new)

Mehsi | 26632 comments Congrats Gisbelle, good to hear that it was an enjoyable book. Can't wait for it to come out. :)

message 30: by Mehsi (new)

Mehsi | 26632 comments Currently reading: Kick Fearless by Mariëtte Ciggaar Which is for option 4 and 5.

message 31: by Mandiann (new)

Mandiann (goodreadscommandiann) | 7495 comments Just finished Ready Player One by Ernest Cline 4*, maybe 4.5*. Really enjoyed this one!

message 32: by Gisbelle (new)

Gisbelle | 27299 comments Mehsi wrote: "Congrats Gisbelle, good to hear that it was an enjoyable book. Can't wait for it to come out. :)"

Thanks. I hope you like it too.

message 33: by ★ℕłℂØℓҾ★ (Nix), snowflakes and eyelashes (new)

★ℕłℂØℓҾ★ (Nix) (ladyknightnix) | 5510 comments Vicki wrote: "OMG! I LOVED that book! I buddy read it with Trisha and I remember that we both gave it 4 stars and we both gave book 2 5 stars. It's weird in some ways but it's so good! I really hope you love it! "

Finished Incarceron (Incarceron, #1) by Catherine Fisher 11/6 (4 stars)

Interesting read! Can't wait to read book two! I agreed with your review of book one, Vicki :) Hopefully book two is even better!

message 34: by Mehsi (new)

Mehsi | 26632 comments Mandiann wrote: "Just finished Ready Player One by Ernest Cline 4*, maybe 4.5*. Really enjoyed this one!"

Yay! Good to hear that Mandiann. :) Congrats.

message 35: by Mehsi (new)

Mehsi | 26632 comments Gisbelle wrote: "Thanks. I hope you like it too."

You're welcome, and thanks, I hope so too.

message 36: by Mehsi (new)

Mehsi | 26632 comments Congrats Nicole on finishing your book. :)

message 37: by Trisha, lives on coffee (new)

Trisha | 31440 comments Trisha wrote: "yay! love the theme Mehsi!!

I'm going with option 1:

I'm done. Oh my, it's really good Mehsi. I think you would like it - lots of video game fun in it! :)

message 38: by Mehsi (new)

Mehsi | 26632 comments Congrats Trisha! Oh now you made me very interested in it. I was already thinking of reading it, but hearing it has video game fun in it and hearing that you find it good, I guess I will be searching for it soon! Thanks. :)

message 39: by Allison (new)

Allison Brunskill | 1891 comments Allison wrote: "I love the theme. I'll be using Option 1 and Option 6 since it just came out.Very Bad Things by Susan McBride"

Finished. I gave it 3 stars, it drew me in but I found the characters lacking

message 40: by Mehsi (new)

Mehsi | 26632 comments Congrats Allison. That is a shame that the characters were lacking. :(

message 41: by Beth (new)

Beth  (jasonverlander) | 1223 comments I'm reading Isla and the Happily Ever After where her life changes in fall!

message 42: by Jeanine (new)

Jeanine Carstairs (daechwita) | 545 comments Finished The Sea of Monsters. Rated it 4 stars :)

message 43: by Mehsi (new)

Mehsi | 26632 comments Congrats Jeanine, and I hope you enjoy your book Beth!

message 44: by Marybeth (new)

Marybeth (narutofan14) | 1024 comments Unfortunately i am reading books set in the summer time for some reason. I haven't gotten into fall reading yet.

message 45: by Mehsi (new)

Mehsi | 26632 comments Well maybe you can read a book with a cover in red/yellow/orange or a book where the life of a character is changing. :) I set many options for the challenge so everyone can enjoy it.

message 46: by Vicki (new)

Vicki (goodreadscomboobooper49) | 32355 comments Finished and loved my book Endless (Shadowlands, #3) by Kate Brian (4 stars)

message 47: by Gisbelle (new)

Gisbelle | 27299 comments Vicki wrote: "Finished and loved my book Endless (Shadowlands, #3) by Kate Brian (4 stars)"

right on time :) Congrats and I'm glad you liked the book. That's the last one in the series, right?

message 48: by Vicki (new)

Vicki (goodreadscomboobooper49) | 32355 comments Gisbelle wrote: "Vicki wrote: "Finished and loved my book Endless (Shadowlands, #3) by Kate Brian (4 stars)"

right on time :) Congrats and I'm glad you liked the book. That's the last one in the series, right?"

Yes, so that's one more completed series!! I have so many that I have't finished yet. LOL

message 49: by Gisbelle (new)

Gisbelle | 27299 comments Great :D Best of luck with other series too.

message 50: by Mehsi (new)

Mehsi | 26632 comments Vicki wrote: "Finished and loved my book Endless (Shadowlands, #3) by Kate Brian (4 stars)"

Congrats Vicki!

« previous 1