The Dusty Bookshelf discussion

Theme Reads > November '14 - District based or Soldiers/War

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Hayley (last edited Nov 02, 2014 01:13AM) (new)

Hayley Stewart (haybop) | 491 comments Mod
Well, here's an executive decision..... the themes for this month's read :)

District - so books based around an area - as big or as small an area as you like - or about an area.

Soldiers/War - A book with the theme of war, battles, soldiers, etc as Rememberance/Armistice/Veterans day falls this month.

Enjoy yourselves :D

message 2: by Jimi-carol (new)

Jimi-carol Benton | 39 comments I'm working on two books that I think fall under District. Both are the next book in my series. "Little House on the Prairie" I'm reading out loud to my five month old twins, covers America as it's district and "The Bishops Daughter" placed in Amish country.

message 3: by Hayley (new)

Those sound good Jime :)

My soldier/war based one shall be one I've kept putting off for a while - Birdsong by Sebastian Faulks.

Stefani - SpelingExpirt (speling_expirt) I've been working my way through a non-fiction book for a while that fits in with war. Fighting on the Home Front: The Legacy of Women in World War One by Kate Adie, it's a signed copy that I got for Christmas last year. Maybe I should try and finish it this month.

message 5: by Hayley (new)

Stefani - SpelingExpirt wrote: "I've been working my way through a non-fiction book for a while that fits in with war. Fighting on the Home Front: The Legacy of Women in World War One by Kate Adie, it's a signed c..."

That sounds very interesting Stefani :D Hope you're enjoying it :D