Old Boy's Manga discussion

Recommendations

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Drew (new)

Drew (drewoo) Hey, didn't realize this group was so small when I joined it. Hopefully we can get some more members. I joined mostly to try and get some recommendations. It seems like the majority of manga interest on the internet is for young adult literature with furry creators and stuff like that.

I've been greatly enjoying the Tatsumi volumes published by Drawn and Quarterly. I also enjoy Koike - I love Lone Wolf and Cub. Anyways, I was hoping to get some recommendations!

message 2: by Jonah (new)

Jonah (afrowolf) | 7 comments Mod
Hello Andrew, my apologies for not having added content to this blog. I had some health issues that heavily distracted me and didn't ever see an update from the site that anyone had joined, so it slipped from my mind.

I'll be adding some new material to goodreads and linking it here as I go. I hope you're not adverse to digital media!

message 3: by Drew (new)

Drew (drewoo) Sounds good! I hope you're feeling better. I read most of my comicbooks on the computer, so it's all good.

message 4: by Jonah (new)

Jonah (afrowolf) | 7 comments Mod
Andrew, thanks for your kind words. Here's hoping 2015 brings some relief. I'm trying to get some more reading in this year, also.
Yeah, me too @ digital. I've not tried to use the group "bookshelf" feature yet, but I suspect it won't be as useful here if it only supports single volumes. If that falls short, I might just start a discussion header for titles I recommend.