#AYEARATHON discussion

November - FairyTale Re-Telling > Update On Reading Progress - Day's 1 & 2

Comments Showing 1-13 of 13 (13 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by ke-sha (new)

ke-sha (angel707) | 2018 comments Mod
Putting this up early as usual since I know some of you guys are a day ahead of us. Hope your off to a good start :)

message 2: by Kerri (new)

Kerri (kerrithebookbelle) | 353 comments Hello lovelies! It's like 12:30 am my time, but I wanted to wish everyone a great beginning to the readathon! Are you reading our group read, Cinder? If not, what ARE you reading? Here's to a great week! Give me your updates, because y'all know I be nosy as hell ;) xoxo

Amber (bookstacksamber) (bookstacksamber) I marathoned the second half of Gone Girl today so I could start fresh tomorrow with Cinder. I'm really looking forward to reading it!

message 4: by Kerri (new)

Kerri (kerrithebookbelle) | 353 comments Hola, lovely #ayearathon-ers! How was your first day of reading? Personally, a mixture of class, sickness, more class, and free cake runs kept me from reading. But the day is not over! I intend to start something tonight, but I'm not sure what! Any recs? What are you loving this week? Let me know and have a lovely evening! xoxo

message 5: by Lorien (new)

Lorien (lorienkittybooks) | 188 comments Well Beastly was incredibly fast to read, so I got through all 304 pages in one day, about half of it last night. Then I picked up Cinder and got through the first 111 pages. My best first day in months!

message 6: by Kerri (new)

Kerri (kerrithebookbelle) | 353 comments Lorien wrote: "Well Beastly was incredibly fast to read, so I got through all 304 pages in one day, about half of it last night. Then I picked up Cinder and got through the first 111..."

That is some incredible progress! Congrats! How are you enjoying Cinder? It's one of my favorites :) good luck with the rest of the day, we're glad you're with us!

message 7: by Kerri (new)

Kerri (kerrithebookbelle) | 353 comments DAY TWO IS HALFWAY OVER! Did Kerri read anything last night? NOPE. Oops! I really want to get something going tonight, possibly an audiobook? How's everyone doing on this lovely Tuesday? Remember to use the hashtag #AYearAThon on social media so we can stalk y'all ;p xoxo

message 8: by Maija (new)

Maija (maijavi) | 180 comments Day 2 is over where I live, and so far I've only managed to read the prologue from my book (The Child Thief). And that was on day 1. Oh well. I have higher hopes towards the end of this week.

message 9: by [deleted user] (last edited Nov 05, 2014 04:54AM) (new)

Day 1 - I didn't really read much because of school but I managed to get to page 36 of Cinder by Marissa Meyer. Enjoying it so far and excited to keep reading!
Day 2 - I didn't have much homework so I got to read quite a lot. Got to page 116 of Cinder! (I'm a very slow reader). I'm planning on reading a lot tomorrow, too.

message 10: by Kerri (new)

Kerri (kerrithebookbelle) | 353 comments Aaand day 2 is coming to a close (on the east coast, at least)! How was your day of reading? I actually managed to read about a third of Entwined by Heather Dixon, which is pretty good so far! Give me your final updates because I'm nosy! ;) Then pop on over to days 3&4 to hang with Kristina! Thanks for an awesome first two days y'all! Best of luck with the rest of the week! xoxo

Amber (bookstacksamber) (bookstacksamber) I've read 302 pages of Cinder so far, so I'll definitely be finishing it up tomorrow. I put Scarlet and Cress on hold at the library a few days ago, so hopefully they will come in soon. I'm loving this series and I want to marathon the other two books as soon as I'm done with Cinder!

message 12: by Melissa (new)

Melissa Chung (bingereader19) | 123 comments Day 2 is over. I have done fairly well.
Finished: In a Glass Grimmly (A Tale Dark & Grimm, #2) by Adam Gidwitz this afternoon
Almost completed: Beyond the Deepwoods (Edge Chronicles, #1) by Paul Stewart I have 65 pages left. I'll finish tomorrow and start Sweetly I think.

message 13: by Kristina Marie (new)

Kristina Marie I got 33% through The Goose Girl.