Beta Reader Group discussion

Samantha Love
This topic is about Samantha Love
Authors Seeking FREE Betas > Erotica (Femdom) 94K~Complete

Comments Showing 1-3 of 3 (3 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Samantha (new)

Samantha Love | 12 comments Hi Beta Readers,

I’m looking for a couple of sharp eyes to read over my latest femdom-themed erotica novel ALTERNATIVE THERAPY. I will warn you. It’s on the hardcore side of the genre. No one is being raped or getting their arms sliced off, but it goes beyond a husband and wife exploring a few kinky fetishes together. I’ll be sending this off to an editor, so grammar checking isn’t a big deal, but if grammar’s your thing, feel free to rip it apart!

I’d like some feedback on believability, as this was one criticism I got on my first novel. I enjoy showing the evolution of a character that has never submitted to one who has surrendered absolutely. Rather than spending half the novel slowly coaxing the reluctant slave into servitude, I’ve set up a plot that forces the participant into a deep level of submission early on, while allowing him an ‘out’ that is (hopefully) believable. Also, within plot, I'd like some feedback on plot pacing.

I’d also like feedback on the characters. Are they well defined? Do you feel a connection to them?

If you find any sentences that make you scratch your head or just sound awkward, I’d appreciate those being pointed out, too. Also, I welcome any other feedback you think would be helpful to the story. I’m often surprised at what beta readers point out that I never would have thought of so please don’t be shy at offering suggestions.

As always, thank you for your valuable time. If interested, please reply to this message thread or contact me at samanthaloveauthor@gmail.com. Also, please let me know if you don’t want to be credited at the end of the book. I always like to credit my beta readers, but I understand not everyone wants their name attached to erotic of this nature.

Here’s the blurb I currently plan to use:

Dr. Glover has reached the pinnacle of her career. As a highly sought after sex therapist, she’s used to dealing with difficult and puzzling cases. When a former high school classmate is referred to her care, Dr. Glover faces the most important patient of career. Treating his loss of libido will require more than long whips and iron chains. She will be forced to rewire his brain with a ‘mental’ surgery. Her mind games will cut deeper than any scalpel and like all radical treatments, her unorthodox therapy carries significant risks for both her patient and herself. But one outcome is certain—Dr. Glover will enjoy the greatest power exchange of her life by witnessing another man relinquish all control for a cure she promises to provide.

message 2: by Sandra (new)

Sandra (the_librocubicultarist) interested. please send it to sandra0386@yahoo.com in word, mobi or pdf

message 3: by Samantha (new)

Samantha Love | 12 comments Still looking for one, maybe two more beta readers. Please let me know if interested. Thanks!