The Nooks of Books discussion

For fun > Authors I dislike (Their Books)

Comments Showing 1-34 of 34 (34 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Raegan (new)

Raegan   Ralls  | 1297 comments J.K. Rowling, Suzanne Collins, Mark Twain,Bill Wallace and many more.

message 2: by Nichole (new)

Nichole | 22 comments I just got done reading Stolen and it was a HUGE let down. So boring and then just ended with no resolution

message 3: by Raegan (new)

Raegan   Ralls  | 1297 comments That sucks!:(

message 4: by Reese (new)

Reese Kennedy | 18 comments STEPHANIE MEYER
ugh... twilight, such a horrible waste of paper...

message 5: by Olivia (new)

Olivia I didn't like Chasing Redbird. My friend said it was really good, and she made me swear that I would finish it, and it STUNK!

message 6: by Raegan (new)

Raegan   Ralls  | 1297 comments Reese wrote: "STEPHANIE MEYER
ugh... twilight, such a horrible waste of paper..."

haha I have yet to read it but I am not very ecstatic...

message 7: by Raegan (new)

Raegan   Ralls  | 1297 comments Olivia wrote: "I didn't like Chasing Redbird. My friend said it was really good, and she made me swear that I would finish it, and it STUNK!"
:(

message 8: by ClearSkye (new)

ClearSkye | 205 comments Reese wrote: "STEPHANIE MEYER
ugh... twilight, such a horrible waste of paper..."

agreed

message 9: by Nichole (new)

Nichole | 22 comments Oh Twilight was such a fast read the 4 books kept me entertained over a Christmas break. As long as I didn't take it so seriously it was fine. Key note, those books have to be taken for what they are.....

message 10: by Alex (new)

Alex Parker | 9 comments In the words of Mark Twain: I haven’t any right to criticize books, and I don’t do it except when I hate them. I often want to criticize Jane Austen, but her books madden me so that I can’t conceal my frenzy from the reader; and therefore I have to stop every time I begin. Every time I read Pride and Prejudice I want to dig her up and beat her over the skull with her own shin-bone.

message 11: by Rhystlynne (new)

Rhystlynne (inkbottleburning) | 168 comments That's hilarious.

message 12: by Will Solace (new)

Will Solace (willsolace) | 105 comments Let's see...

JK Rowling.
Veronica Roth.
Suzanne Collins.
Louisa May Alcott.

And whoever wrote Twilight I'm not sure who that is.

message 13: by Raegan (new)

Raegan   Ralls  | 1297 comments Will Solace wrote: "Let's see...

JK Rowling.
Veronica Roth.
Suzanne Collins.
Louisa May Alcott.

And whoever wrote Twilight I'm not sure who that is."

I agree with everyone of those! I liked 2 Veronica Roth books though. Stephanie Meyer wrote Twilight.

Isabel of the Sea (oceangirlie) Nichole wrote: "I just got done reading Stolen and it was a HUGE let down. So boring and then just ended with no resolution"

I agree!

message 15: by Carrie (new)

Carrie Gulledge (momtognm) I haven't come across any YA authors I really didn't like; I hate Nicholas Sparks and Danielle Steele. I'm sure there are a few others I don't enjoy but those are the ones that come to mind first.

message 16: by Carrie (new)

Carrie Gulledge (momtognm) Will Solace wrote: "Let's see...

JK Rowling.
Veronica Roth.
Suzanne Collins.
Louisa May Alcott.

And whoever wrote Twilight I'm not sure who that is."

I loved Veronica Roth until I got to the third book. She pretty much ruined it for me and I probably won't read anything else by her. I think she's a great writer, and I understand that the stories are THEIR stories and we just get to enjoy them, but... You have to know that if you write an ending like that that you are going to lose fans.

message 17: by Olivia (new)

Olivia Alex wrote: "In the words of Mark Twain: I haven’t any right to criticize books, and I don’t do it except when I hate them. I often want to criticize Jane Austen, but her books madden me so that I can’t conceal..."

Did Mark Twain really say that???

message 18: by Lily (new)

Lily Stephanie Meyer
TWILIGHT SUCKS!!!!!!!!

message 19: by Victoria (new)

Victoria Scott Wait, how are all you people saying you don't like J.K Rowling?!?!?

message 20: by Lily (new)

Lily I know I mean Harry Potter rocks. And hunger games people, ar hello

message 21: by Victoria (new)

Victoria Scott Harry Potter is, in my opinion, the greatest series of books ever written. Hunger Games I get, I didn't like the last one, but I loved the first!

message 22: by Lily (new)

Lily I love catching fire and I agree with mockingjay

message 23: by Lauren (new)

Lauren Stoolfire Stephenie Meyer - Twilight series

Becca Fitzpatrick - Hush, Hush series (I do want to try Black Ice though)

Lauren Kate - Fallen

message 24: by beth (new)

beth (beth01) Lauren Kate - Fallen (Oh my gods don't even get me started)

message 25: by M (new)

M Liu (m729549) lauren myracle - as in it's a miracle that she ever gets published

message 26: by Stevie (new)

Stevie (ilikecats) Cassandra Clare - Mortal Instruments/Infernal Devices. Couldn't get past page 107 of City of Bones and it took me over a week to get there.

Jack London - White Fang. Took me a week to read 47 pages, slower than anything.

L.A. Weatherly - Angel Burn. Simply, it was horrible. Another one I couldn't finish.

message 27: by M (new)

M Liu (m729549) Nichole wrote: "I just got done reading Stolen and it was a HUGE let down. So boring and then just ended with no resolution"

i didn't even finish it because it was just so boring and i discovered shatter me

message 28: by M (new)

M Liu (m729549) ♆Stєviє♆ wrote: "Cassandra Clare - Mortal Instruments/Infernal Devices. Couldn't get past page 107 of City of Bones and it took me over a week to get there.

Jack London - White Fang. Took me a week to read 47 page..."

exactly - i didn't read angel burn though

some books that took me over a month to finish or didn't finish at all are
- stolen (finish Blood of olympus, silver, wherever nina lies, and frostbite while nt finishing it)
- fahrenheit 451 (still reading it)
- literally every book of the mortal instruments after the 1st book
- so many others buried in my eternal abyse of memories that are too horrible to unearth again

message 29: by Stevie (new)

Stevie (ilikecats) *nods*

message 30: by M (new)

M Liu (m729549) but i can't believe u guys don't like the hunger games.
i mean - i can understand if all three books were as much as a let-down as mockingjay but
THE HUNGER GAMES AND CATCHING FIRE PPL!!!

message 31: by Reann (new)

Reann I didn't like If I Stay by Gayle Forman...

message 32: by Nicole (new)

Nicole (nics2) | 65 comments Raegan

Totally agree with you Reagan!!

message 33: by Nicole (new)

Nicole (nics2) | 65 comments I don't why I didn't like Rowling books... I read the first one and it wasn't bad... I just didn't like... Maybe because of the movies that are so good...

message 34: by Raegan (new)

Raegan   Ralls  | 1297 comments Nicole.okumura.gmail.com wrote: "I don't why I didn't like Rowling books... I read the first one and it wasn't bad... I just didn't like... Maybe because of the movies that are so good..."

I know right!