NaNoWriMo discussion

NaNoWriMo > Shout out your word count!

Comments Showing 1-50 of 55 (55 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by Pat (new)

Pat (thepatsydragon) Currently at 1,452. I wrote about 200 of it shortly after midnight, but I've managed to snag the rest in short bursts throughout today. I'm hoping to reach 2k by tonight!

message 2: by Willow (new)

Willow Sanders (willowsanders) | 17 comments 4598 at the moment! I officially stopped for the evening and am now enjoying a glass or three of wine ;-)

message 3: by Christy B (new)

Christy B (runaway84) Over 1,700 in day one! Just made it a little before midnight.

message 4: by Jessika (new)

Jessika (jessika_56) Wrote 1759 last night in a little over an hour. Hoping for the same today!

message 5: by Virginia (new)

Virginia | 20 comments 2105 from yesterday! Nothing yet today. Hoping to break 5k today. We shall see... :-) Good work everyone!

message 6: by Virginia (new)

Virginia | 20 comments Willow wrote: "4598 at the moment! I officially stopped for the evening and am now enjoying a glass or three of wine ;-)"

That is an excellent way to celebrate 4500 words. I approve of your methods! (In case you were worried about that. ;-P)

message 7: by Sadie (new)

Sadie Forsythe | 16 comments 11,001...but i don't expect the initial flood to last...tapering off of ideas

message 8: by Virginia (new)

Virginia | 20 comments Sadie wrote: "11,001...but i don't expect the initial flood to last...tapering off of ideas"

Good work! The beauty of breaching 10k early is that you can relax a bit as the week ramps up. :-D

message 9: by Jahzerah (new)

Jahzerah Brooks 6,073! I am so happy to be making my daily goal with a tad bit to spare! Now for sleep :)

message 10: by Heather (new)

Heather (clockwork_wings) | 1 comments When I set up my story on the website, couldn't wait to get started. The midnight hit...

message 11: by Pat (new)

Pat (thepatsydragon) 4,144! Much of it was ramped up during the write-in today! I'll try to reach 6k by tonight though.

message 12: by Jessika (new)

Jessika (jessika_56) 5,534, a little ahead of the game, whoo!

message 13: by Willow (new)

Willow Sanders (willowsanders) | 17 comments im at 7673... Ive been chatting with the Chicago region in the IRC for most of the night, and am hoping a few more word wars can get me to 10K for the night

message 14: by Dinara (new)

Dinara Tengri (alien_supersoldier) 5,445! I'm giving myself a bit of head start too, just in case...

message 15: by Erika (new)

Erika (erikak) | 2 comments 3482 - need to catch up!

message 16: by Willow (new)

Willow Sanders (willowsanders) | 17 comments Im at 12.026 and I think I'm finally at a point where I'm starting to like my novel and my fingers are getting tingly with anticipation.

message 17: by Christina (new)

Christina Borgoyn (amaranthinelover) 11,011

message 18: by Pat (new)

Pat (thepatsydragon) 8,276. Shooting for 10k though before the end of tonight.

message 19: by Sadie (new)

Sadie Forsythe | 16 comments 18,891 -- but it's a good thing I'm so far ahead in that word count. I killed off my narrator and now not only need to completely restructure the novel, I've lost my mental map of the story. So I'm floundering. I anticipate taking at least a few non-writing days to get it all back on track (mostly in my head).

message 20: by Kasey (new)

Kasey Anderson (9393usak) | 6 comments 8,550. :) My goal is to at least break 10k today though.

message 21: by Willow (new)

Willow Sanders (willowsanders) | 17 comments Im |_| this close to 15k...but I cant seem to lose the distractions today and just buckle down and write. I know wha I want to write its floating right in the front of my brain just waiting to be unleashed and yet every five or sominutes as I write I'm like "oooh, " like Goodreads lol and NaNoWrimo chat boards and Facebook, and pinging email, and I dont like my music so lets find other music. - heavy sigh-

message 22: by Jessika (new)

Jessika (jessika_56) Willow wrote: "Im |_| this close to 15k...but I cant seem to lose the distractions today and just buckle down and write. I know wha I want to write its floating right in the front of my brain just waiting to be ..."

I'm very distracted today, too. Just spent 1.5 hrs reorganizing my Goodread shelves... ugh. But sitting at 6,887 words for the moment, trying to get caught up to being on par.

message 23: by Jessika (new)

Jessika (jessika_56) Done for the day, adding 2388 words, for a total of 7922. Only behind par by 411 words, but I can't sit and look at this screen anymore!

message 24: by Jessika (new)

Jessika (jessika_56) Wrote 3,787 words today and am finally back on track! Woohoo! I didn't think I could catch up today! :) So happy! Really was in the zone today. Total word count: 11,709

message 25: by Mad Giles (new)

Mad Giles (Giles A. Madding) (gilesamadding) | 9 comments Day 7: 15,147 words total so far.

message 26: by Pat (new)

Pat (thepatsydragon) 12.430. Almost done with this episode...

message 27: by Willow (new)

Willow Sanders (willowsanders) | 17 comments I'm at 22 and some change. I took yesterday off to kind of clean my head a bit. The husband is in grad school and said he plans on using most of today for homework so I'll hopefully write a lot today and I have a write in I plan to attend tomorrow. I really want to get to that point where When I decide to stop for the day I still feel like I'm vibrating with ideas instead of having the plot fighting with me as it is now :-/

message 28: by Pat (new)

Pat (thepatsydragon) 18, 066 words after a write-in! I feel good. ^^

message 29: by Pat (new)

Pat (thepatsydragon) Willow wrote: "I'm at 22 and some change. I took yesterday off to kind of clean my head a bit. The husband is in grad school and said he plans on using most of today for homework so I'll hopefully write a lot to..."

Good luck! :D Tell us how it goes, alright?

message 30: by Tamm Frederick (new)

Tamm Frederick (tammtamm) | 3 comments 19,038...

message 31: by Jessika (new)

Jessika (jessika_56) 15,260

message 32: by Willow (new)

Willow Sanders (willowsanders) | 17 comments Patricia wrote: "Willow wrote: "I'm at 22 and some change. I took yesterday off to kind of clean my head a bit. The husband is in grad school and said he plans on using most of today for homework so I'll hopefully..."

Post write in I'm at 27 and some change. Not vibrating with ideas just yet, but less fighting with my plot than I had been at 20k. Still writing currently, trying to see if I can make it to 30 before I go to bed. :)

message 33: by Irene (new)

Irene (wingdesilverii) | 12 comments A very pitiful and behind 4k....I am hand writing for the most part so I think that's half my issue, I type roughly 70wpm and hand writing is turtle pace to me because the thoughts come faster than I can write.

message 34: by Mad Giles (new)

Mad Giles (Giles A. Madding) (gilesamadding) | 9 comments Right now I'm at 21,239 words total.

message 35: by Jessika (new)

Jessika (jessika_56) 18,352

message 36: by Pat (new)

Pat (thepatsydragon) 20027. Not too bad, but I had to write about 2k this evening to catch up. Darnit!

message 37: by Mad Giles (new)

Mad Giles (Giles A. Madding) (gilesamadding) | 9 comments 26,578

message 38: by Pat (new)

Pat (thepatsydragon) 25,057.

message 39: by Jessika (new)

Jessika (jessika_56) 22,436. struggling to catch up!

message 40: by Willow (new)

Willow Sanders (willowsanders) | 17 comments I crossed 40k late last night. I'm hoping that I might be able to make it to 45 today -hopefully. I really want to make it to "the end" by the end of November and I think based on how the story is arcing that will happen between 90-100k *fingers crossed*

message 41: by Dinara (new)

Dinara Tengri (alien_supersoldier) 34,611. Less than I was planning, but weekends are just very, very slow for me.

message 42: by Jessika (new)

Jessika (jessika_56) Willow wrote: "I crossed 40k late last night. I'm hoping that I might be able to make it to 45 today -hopefully. I really want to make it to "the end" by the end of November and I think based on how the story is ..."

Wow, 90-100k! That's great! My story still has plenty more plot to get me to 50k, but I'm getting bored of writing... rather be reading.

message 43: by Fainne (new)

Fainne J. Firmin (huntressofthesea) | 3 comments Hit 40,000 today! Still have a lot of plot left, but at least NaNo's helped me get the growing up/backstory part done! Now it gets exciting.

message 44: by Jessika (new)

Jessika (jessika_56) 25,144 to end today.

message 45: by Charles (new)

Charles Harvey | 4 comments 21,769

message 46: by Sephipiderwitch (new)

Sephipiderwitch | 2 comments 35790

message 47: by Sadie (new)

Sadie Forsythe | 16 comments 46,281, so close!

message 48: by Willow (new)

Willow Sanders (willowsanders) | 17 comments Same here! I'm at 47826 !

I won't reach "the end" at 50k but once I cross that mark I'm hoping that the story will just flow bc there's no pressure to hit a target anymore

message 49: by Sadie (new)

Sadie Forsythe | 16 comments Me either, Willow. I figure 50K is about 50% of the story I'm writing.

message 50: by Mad Giles (new)

Mad Giles (Giles A. Madding) (gilesamadding) | 9 comments My day 18 total: 35,327

« previous 1