The Nooks of Books discussion

For fun > Favorite Authors?

Comments Showing 1-50 of 62 (62 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by Raegan (new)

Raegan  | 1297 comments Mine is Rick Riordan!

Isabel of the Sea (oceangirlie) SAME!

message 3: by Raegan (new)

Raegan  | 1297 comments *High five*

message 4: by ClearSkye (new)

ClearSkye | 205 comments I have many like: jennifer l armentrout, cassandra clare, colleen houck, who ever wrote the vampire academy series...etc

message 5: by Raegan (last edited Nov 01, 2014 07:32PM) (new)

Raegan  | 1297 comments Richelle Mead wrote that awesome series- Cool! I love Cassandra Clare!

message 6: by ClearSkye (new)

ClearSkye | 205 comments oh right! i have yet to read bloodlines though

message 7: by Rhystlynne (new)

Rhystlynne (inkbottleburning) | 168 comments Katie wrote: "I have many like: jennifer l armentrout, cassandra clare, colleen houck, who ever wrote the vampire academy series...etc"

WAIT!!!!! Did you read the Tiger's Curse series?!?

message 8: by Raegan (new)

Raegan  | 1297 comments Me? No:(

message 9: by K. (last edited Nov 01, 2014 09:30PM) (new)

Caffee K. (kcaffee) Robert Jordan, Mercedes Lackey, Raymond E. Feist, Holly Lisle (for fantasy)

Heinlen, E.E. "doc" Smith, David Weber (For sci-fi)

Forgot one: Elizabeth Moon (sci-fi and fantasy)

Jane Yolen, Riordan, Asprin (for YA)

edited to add one more.

message 10: by Raegan (new)

Raegan  | 1297 comments K. wrote: "Robert Jordan, Mercedes Lackey, Raymond E. Feist, Holly Lisle (for fantasy)

Heinlen, E.E. "doc" Smith, David Weber (For sci-fi)

Jane Yolen, Riordan, Asprin (for YA)"

Robert Jordan is good!

message 11: by K. (new)

Caffee K. (kcaffee) I agree. I'm trying to work through Dragon Reborn right now, but I've only gotten through the first page. No time to read at the moment. I'm not sure if that is a good thing, or bad thing.

message 12: by Raegan (new)

Raegan  | 1297 comments BAD! Absolutely terrible! When I don't get to read I get cranky!

message 13: by Rhystlynne (new)

Rhystlynne (inkbottleburning) | 168 comments Same here!

message 14: by ClearSkye (new)

ClearSkye | 205 comments Rhystlynne wrote: "Katie wrote: "I have many like: jennifer l armentrout, cassandra clare, colleen houck, who ever wrote the vampire academy series...etc"

WAIT!!!!! Did you read the Tiger's Curse series?!?"

yup and I loved them all and have them all except for Tiger's Promise

message 15: by K. (new)

Caffee K. (kcaffee) Bianca wrote: "BAD! Absolutely terrible! When I don't get to read I get cranky!"

::Laughs:: I miss them, but after a while I tend to forget that I've got a book waiting ever so patiently for me. But, when life slows down again, I go back. And, there is that wonderful friend, ready to pick right up where we left off.

Come Christmas break, my library had better be ready for a work out. I really, really want to tear back through it. If only to get ideas for the future. (Not to mention, I'll be between books by then, I hope. Or at least, waiting on edited content to be sent back for more work.) No school papers, no school deadlines, and an easy work schedule. Yeah, definitely time to power up the reader and take off into relaxation land.

message 16: by Rhystlynne (new)

Rhystlynne (inkbottleburning) | 168 comments Katie wrote: "yup and I loved all and have them all except Tiger's Promise"

I haven't read Tiger's Promise yet, but I want to. :)

message 17: by Raegan (new)

Raegan  | 1297 comments K. wrote: "Bianca wrote: "BAD! Absolutely terrible! When I don't get to read I get cranky!"

::Laughs:: I miss them, but after a while I tend to forget that I've got a book waiting ever so patiently for me...."

Good thing Christmas is soon!

message 18: by [deleted user] (new)

Rick Riordan

message 19: by Raegan (new)

Raegan  | 1297 comments :)

message 20: by Birgit (new)

Birgit Since I finished Dead Ends yesterday Erin Lange is definitely one of my favourite authors.
Then there is Stephen King, Anthony McCarten, Carlos Ruiz Zafón...

message 21: by Angel (new)

Angel (angelluvzcooking) | 19 comments cinda williams chima (sorry for not spelling)

message 22: by Olivia (new)

Olivia Rick Riordan, J.K Rowling, Corneilia Funke, Wendy Mass, L.A Meyer, Ann M Martin, Roald Dahl, who ever wrote the Peter and the Starcatcher's series and a whole lot more

message 23: by [deleted user] (new)

RICK RIORDAN!!!!!!!! AND COLLEEN HOUCK!!!

message 24: by beth (last edited Nov 09, 2014 02:12AM) (new)

beth (beth01) Uncle Rick is my all time fav, but I also really like A.G Howard, and I also enjoy J.K Rowling, Cassandra Clare, Richelle Mead, Brian Falkner, Sarah J Maas, Veronica Roth, Marie Lu, Melissa Meyer, John Green and Ally Carter.

message 25: by Lily (new)

Lily The author of whatever books I like

message 26: by Rhystlynne (new)

Rhystlynne (inkbottleburning) | 168 comments EXACTLY!!!

message 27: by Lily (new)

Lily So yay

message 28: by M (new)

M Liu (m729549) rick riordan
elizabeth eulberg
james dashner
melissa meyer

message 29: by Olivia (new)

Olivia Does anyone else like Corneilia Funke? (The author of the Inkheart series)

message 30: by Lily (new)

Lily I need to read Inkheart

message 31: by Olivia (new)

Olivia IT IS SO GOOD! It is a series, and there is Inkheart, Inkspell, and Inkdeath. Indeath is definitely my favorite one.

message 32: by Raegan (new)

Raegan  | 1297 comments Lily wrote: "I need to read Inkheart"

Such a good (looong) book! I haven't had time to read Inkspell or Inkdeath yet. Loved the movie!

message 33: by Raegan (new)

Raegan  | 1297 comments Olivia wrote: "Does anyone else like Corneilia Funke? (The author of the Inkheart series)"

Me!!!!

message 34: by M (new)

M Liu (m729549) inkheart was amazing, but inkspell was a little ...meh, and i could just not go throught the 80 something chapters of inkdeath

message 35: by Hayley (new)

Hayley | 18 comments I love John Green and Rainbow Rowell's style of writing. I also love Richelle Mead and James Dashner. And there are some other ones that I love simply because of their uniqueness and the way they use their words ^u^

message 36: by M (new)

M Liu (m729549) i love rick riordan for the fact that sometimes his books r so amazing it makes u kind of want to scream YASSS! YASSSSS! & run around in absolute bliss
& i love elizabeth eulberg in her steadiness to make every one of her books fabulous
and the authors i love just from reading 1 or 2 of their books r:
- richelle mead
- james dashner
- michael grant
- jamie mcguire

but i just don't get y everbody is so pumped about lauren myracle & meg cabot

message 37: by Raegan (new)

Raegan  | 1297 comments M wrote: "i love rick riordan for the fact that sometimes his books r so amazing it makes u kind of want to scream YASSS! YASSSSS! & run around in absolute bliss
& i love elizabeth eulberg in her steadiness ..."

lol YASSSS!

message 38: by Stevie (new)

Stevie (ilikecats) Raegan wrote: "Me? No:("

I'm reading the first one. Mediocre, in my opinion.

message 39: by Lily (new)

Lily I have watched Inkheart

message 40: by Raegan (new)

Raegan  | 1297 comments Lily wrote: "I have watched Inkheart"

How did you like it?

message 41: by Olivia (new)

Olivia I watched Inkheart, and I thought it was pretty horrible compared to the book, but that is just my opinion.

message 42: by Rosalie (new)

Rosalie (thepagesofyesteryear) I love Grace Lin. Her books are now to young for me but they will always have a place in my heart. :)

message 43: by Will Solace (new)

Will Solace (willsolace) | 105 comments Uncle Ricky all the way.

message 44: by Raegan (new)

Raegan  | 1297 comments :)

message 45: by Olivia (new)

Olivia Will Solace wrote: "Uncle Ricky all the way."

:D

message 46: by Will Solace (new)

Will Solace (willsolace) | 105 comments Demigods unite! *Mermaid man and Barnacle boy ring tap*

message 47: by [deleted user] (new)

Rick Riordan! :)

message 48: by Raegan (new)

Raegan  | 1297 comments Will Solace wrote: "Demigods unite! *Mermaid man and Barnacle boy ring tap*"

lol

message 49: by Raegan (new)

Raegan  | 1297 comments Not that Random, Crazy, Weird, Fabulous girl over there is is so fancy A.K.A. Haley who just wanted something different and tells you to deal with it wrote: "Rick Riordan! :)"

Hello fellow demigod!

message 50: by M (new)

M Liu (m729549) so some time ago i was surfing the web when i came across this article about rihanna, where they were calling her Riri, and i was like
"OMG RIHANNA'S STAGE NAME IS THE SAME AS RICK RIORDAN'S INITIALS OMG!!!"
RIck RIordan
LOL

« previous 1