Superheroes and Comic Book Club discussion

Comments Showing 1-17 of 17 (17 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Christian (new)

Christian Green | 16 comments Hello all,

So with the recent announcements of the phase 3 movies for Marvel, there has been plenty of buzz. I'm so excited to see how these movies turn out! Are you guys satisfied with the phase 3 movie slates? Which ones are you looking forward to the most? How are they possibly going to do the Civil War movie, considering it's coming out in two years?! So many intriguing questions!

message 2: by Tiamatty (new)

Tiamatty | 39 comments Captain Marvel and Black Panther are the ones I'm most excited about, because it's about damned time Marvel did movies where the leads aren't straight white males. I'm also interested to see which characters are added to GotG2. I'm hoping we get Moondragon and Phylla-Vell, and that they're in a relationship (or, at least, start one by the end of the movie), so we can also finally get LGBT representation.

message 3: by Salvatore (new)

Salvatore | 34 comments I am really excited about The Infinity Wars, Black Panther, and The Inhumans. It will be nice to see the grand finale of the cinematic universe. It seems that there might be a new roster of heroes but also a lack of some. maybe they might decide to kill off Captain America in the Civil War movie or maybe Thor in the Ragnorok Movie.

message 4: by Christian (new)

Christian Green | 16 comments Salvatore, do you think the cinematic universe will end after Avengers Infinity War part 2? I don't. I think things will change drastically after that movie, but I don't think it'll be coming to an end.

I hope they use a big name villain for Black Panther. I know Klaw is likely to be the villain, but I'm hoping for someone different. As far as the Inhumans are concerned, I think they might produce some of the most fantastic action sequences to date.

message 5: by Christian (new)

Christian Green | 16 comments Tiamatty, I'm all for diversity as long as it's done right. I don't want to see minority characters and female leads just for the sake of having them. I want Marvel to invest in these diverse characters just as much as they invest in the white male characters.

message 6: by Salvatore (new)

Salvatore | 34 comments I don't think the Infinity Wars would be the end of the entire cinematic universe but it would be a defining point in it. Supposedly Ms. Marvel is supposed to appear in the end credits of Avengers: Age of Ultron but we shall see. There definitely be a new roster in the Avengers we already see that with Quicksilver and Scarlet Witch it will be interesting if The Inhumans did crossover with the Avengers

message 7: by Stabbing (new)

Stabbing Anything with Captain America is going to be what I'm looking forward to the most. I'll watch pretty much anything that comes out to be honest.

Oh, and I moved this thread from General Discussion to Comics & Superheros: Other Media. ;-)

message 8: by Salvatore (new)

Salvatore | 34 comments It will be interesting to see how they do the Civil War movie because it uses so many superheroes that it will be hard for MARVEL to get all the rights.

One of the defining moments of the Comic is were Goliath II is killed it will be interesting how they work it all out

message 9: by Christian (new)

Christian Green | 16 comments Hi Natalie. I think that Winter Soldier was the best solo movie of phase 2. Obviously Age of Ultron is going to knock it out of the park, but as far as solo movies are concerned, Cap was phenomenal!

Yeah Sal it will be interesting. I am surprised this is a Cap movie and not a Avengers move due to the number of characters involved. I think it'll be way more scaled down and I doubt most of the characters will appear in this film.

Since Fox holds the rights to all X Men, do you think they'll make Scarlet Witch and Quicksilver part of the Inhuman race? Also, since Wolverine was an Avenger as well, why can't Marvel do what they did with Witch and QS and just avoid all mention of his mutant heritage?!

message 10: by Tiamatty (new)

Tiamatty | 39 comments Christian wrote: "Tiamatty, I'm all for diversity as long as it's done right. I don't want to see minority characters and female leads just for the sake of having them. I want Marvel to invest in these diverse chara..."
Ugh. I've heard that argument so many times. Marvel's proven they don't make bad movies. They're going to put every bit of effort into Black Panther and Captain Marvel as they put into Captain America and Guardians of the Galaxy. There's no good reason to worry that the two movies with leads who aren't white men will be the ones where Marvel phones it in and does a crap job. And honestly, I feel like talking about how "they have to do it right" is just going to get people more sceptical, and turn them against the movies so they go in looking for things to dislike.

The fact that Marvel is FINALLY going to have leads who aren't white males is something to be truly excited about. Let's not get hung up on how they could go wrong. They'll be great movies.

message 11: by Tiamatty (new)

Tiamatty | 39 comments Salvatore wrote: "I don't think the Infinity Wars would be the end of the entire cinematic universe but it would be a defining point in it. Supposedly Ms. Marvel is supposed to appear in the end credits of Avengers:..."
Captain Marvel. Not Ms. Captain. She's on the same level as Captain America, so let her have that.

message 12: by Tiamatty (new)

Tiamatty | 39 comments Salvatore wrote: "It will be interesting to see how they do the Civil War movie because it uses so many superheroes that it will be hard for MARVEL to get all the rights.

One of the defining moments of the Comic is..."

It's simple: It's not going to be the comic book story. They've basically already said so. The whole secret identity thing doesn't apply to the MCU, so it's already different.

Why has anyone ever thought that the Civil War comics would just be lifted and put on the screen? It's impossible to do that. It's going to be wildly different. Honestly, the best thing you can do is to just forget the Civil War comic ever even existed.

message 13: by Salvatore (new)

Salvatore | 34 comments Sorry, I just always read comics were she was Ms. Marvel and were Mar-Vell was Captain Marvel

message 14: by Jim, The Ulti-Moderator (new)

Jim (jkmfilms) | 787 comments Mod
Tiamatty wrote: "The fact that Marvel is FINALLY going to have leads who aren't white males is something to be truly excited about. Let's not get hung up on how they could go wrong. They'll be great movies."

Can I just agree with this sentiment without adding to it? :)

message 15: by Salvatore (new)

Salvatore | 34 comments I am just excited that they are bringing in more character. I am especially excited for Benedict Cumberbatch as Doctor Strange.

message 16: by Salvatore (new)

Salvatore | 34 comments I think that they will probably focus more on Black Widow's past in Avengers: Age of Ultron.

message 17: by Comicgeek29 (new)

Comicgeek29 | 8 comments has anyone seen Spider-Man No Way Home trailer?