Exclusive {Semi-Advanced Roleplay} discussion

Hollywood > Hyde Lounge

Comments Showing 1-33 of 33 (33 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Denver -writes poems drinks wine- | 194 comments Mod
description

The "hotspot" for celebrities in hollywood.. its a great club to go to.. but make sure to make reservations, this place gets packed!

Sυммer Rαιɴ || Wrιтιɴɢ ιѕ α cαllιɴɢ, ɴoт α cнoιce.  (SummerRain15) It was a sunny, warm day out, but to Diane it felt like a raining, cold, terrible day. She'd lost a client and was in a positively bad mood. She'd taken a lunch break and now trudged into the Hyde Lounge, one of her favorite places. Wearing jeans and a white tank top with white heels, she made her way to the bar, swinging her handbag onto the counter. "Long Island Ice Tea, please." She said to the bartender, sighing as she reached into her bag, found her phone, and promptly turned it off.

message 3: by [deleted user] (new)

((Sorry I had to go))

Jemma was exhausted, but she was never tired for clubbing. In a white button down tucked in skinny jeans, and black simple stilettoes, she sat down next to a woman. "A club soda." She instructed the bartender.

Sυммer Rαιɴ || Wrιтιɴɢ ιѕ α cαllιɴɢ, ɴoт α cнoιce.  (SummerRain15) (It's okay.) Diane turned her head and studied Jemma. She knew a star when she saw one. "Hmm... I'm going to assume you're a model. You have the cheek bones... and the fashion sense." She stuck out her hand, putting on a smile, "Diane Sommers, Producer, former actress." She introduced herself.

message 5: by [deleted user] (new)

"Actually, I'm an actress. Used to be a model though." Jemma replied politely in her british accent, and shook her head. "Charmed to meet you Diane. Jemma Shade."

Sυммer Rαιɴ || Wrιтιɴɢ ιѕ α cαllιɴɢ, ɴoт α cнoιce.  (SummerRain15) Brb) Diane made a tutting noise, "Ah, see, actresses and actors are always hard to pin down. Actors branch out, they become models or singers or reality tv show stars on the side, or fashion designers, and they're more a mix of everything." She explained, as their drinks arrived.

message 7: by [deleted user] (last edited Nov 06, 2014 05:13AM) (new)

"Well, I've been a model for most of my life." She smiled. "Not something I loved to do until I was offered to be one of the side characters in Freeze. It was a good chance for me. Ever since, I had a streak of good luck." She shrugged, taking a sip from her soda. "Please, let me pay for your drink. So, you're a producer. Former actress." She smiled, interested. "May I ask how long have you been in the industry?"

Sυммer Rαιɴ || Wrιтιɴɢ ιѕ α cαllιɴɢ, ɴoт α cнoιce.  (SummerRain15) (Back) Diane's smile widened, as she studied the girl, "Well I won't say no to a free drink." She took a long sip of her drink before answering, "I was a child actress. I started in a baby commercial for diapers, or so my mother likes to tell me. Minor roles throughout my childhood, nothing major until my teens. I was in a soap opera, and a couple movies." She added, "I saw Freeze. I remember you. I never forget a pretty face, especially not in this business."

message 9: by [deleted user] (new)

(yay!)
Jemma smiled back, paying the bartender. "Ah, well, Freeze was not something I'm proud of. I was beginner, you know. Well, one of my negative trait is that I often do not catch up on news. Not exactly updated, but I think I have heard of you before." She smiled. "Where do you live, exactly?"

Sυммer Rαιɴ || Wrιтιɴɢ ιѕ α cαllιɴɢ, ɴoт α cнoιce.  (SummerRain15) Diane shrugged, "First roles are always trouble. I didn't deal with that myself, being a child actor, but I've seen enough actors start out." She paused at Jemma's question, "Ah, actually I am staying in a hotel at the moment. I just moved back here from Miami, which is probably why I haven't been on the local news." She explained.

message 11: by [deleted user] (new)

"Oh." Jemma nodded. "Well, my movie is going to premiere in 2 weeks. I could give you a premium ticket myself if you want."

Sυммer Rαιɴ || Wrιтιɴɢ ιѕ α cαllιɴɢ, ɴoт α cнoιce.  (SummerRain15) Diane couldn't help it, she laughed, reaching and gently touching Jemma on the arm, "Oh, honey, I have connections, I could get a premium ticket anytime I want. But I appreciate the offer, I'd love to come." She smiled, "Consider it a date." Diane was bisexual or a lesbian, that much was clear from her flirting tone, but she knew Jemma was straight as a rod. Still, didn't stop her from flirting.

message 13: by [deleted user] (new)

Jemma picked up the tone. She raised an eyebrow. "Ah well, what's that accent I hear? Australian? I'm sorry, I'm horrible at picking accents."

Sυммer Rαιɴ || Wrιтιɴɢ ιѕ α cαllιɴɢ, ɴoт α cнoιce.  (SummerRain15) Diane grinned, "No, that's full on American, California born. Actually, that tone I used was my attempted at a flirt, because you are very beautiful and I am very single." She stated, sipping her drink. Diane was honest, at least. She paused before adding, "Unfortunately you're very straight."

message 15: by [deleted user] (new)

Jemma nodded, smiling slightly. "Unfortunately I am. I'm guessing you're bi? I've seen you check out the guys as well."

Sυммer Rαιɴ || Wrιтιɴɢ ιѕ α cαllιɴɢ, ɴoт α cнoιce.  (SummerRain15) Diane had indeed checked out every guy and woman in the bar the second she'd come in. "You'd be correct. Tough crowd, these days." She explained, shrugging. "If you ever switch teams, let me know."

message 17: by [deleted user] (new)

"I will." She said smiling. "But atleast for now, we could be friends."

Sυммer Rαιɴ || Wrιтιɴɢ ιѕ α cαllιɴɢ, ɴoт α cнoιce.  (SummerRain15) Diane smiled at her, "Yeah, we can. I'll keep you in mind when I produce my next movie." She added, "Have you lived here a while or are you new to the area?"

message 19: by [deleted user] (new)

Jemma pondered on how much she could tell Diane. "Sort of lived here for a while."

Sυммer Rαιɴ || Wrιтιɴɢ ιѕ α cαllιɴɢ, ɴoт α cнoιce.  (SummerRain15) Diane studied her a moment, knowing she was holding back information, but she wisely didn't question it. "Ah, I see. Well I'm sure you'll meet plenty of people, with your career."

message 21: by [deleted user] (new)

Jemma chuckled, grateful for the topic change. "Oh yes, but you've met more than me. Modeling is difficult. You have to...do things with people."

Sυммer Rαιɴ || Wrιтιɴɢ ιѕ α cαllιɴɢ, ɴoт α cнoιce.  (SummerRain15) Diane's eyebrows skyrocketed, and she leaned closer, "Oh dear, have you been doing the nasty with skeevy photographers? I'll tell you, models do it all the time to get the good spreads, but I promise, it's not needed, you just need the right people." She actually sounded concerned, waving for a second round of drinks for them.

message 23: by [deleted user] (new)

Jemma smiled politely. "Ah, well, I used to have to do some things. Fortunately, the acting industry is-ah, more proper than modeling."

Sυммer Rαιɴ || Wrιтιɴɢ ιѕ α cαllιɴɢ, ɴoт α cнoιce.  (SummerRain15) Dane bobbed her head in a nod, "That's true. I got an offer to model once. Winter fashion catalog, 2008. I turned it down because I was too busy with a movie I was in. Dodged a bullet." She sipped her new drink, "This round is on me. So, Jemma, if you could be anything other than famous, what would you be?"

message 25: by [deleted user] (new)

"Oh, producer. All the way." She smiled. "That's what I'm trying to accomplish."

Sυммer Rαιɴ || Wrιтιɴɢ ιѕ α cαllιɴɢ, ɴoт α cнoιce.  (SummerRain15) (I gtg.) Diane looked surprised, "Oh? Interesting choice. If you accomplish it, I'd look forward to working with you." She paused, pondering her own options, and then said, "I'd be either a doctor, FBI agent, or... a ballerina."

message 27: by [deleted user] (new)

(Bye!)

"A ballerina?" She laughed. "You like to dance?"

Sυммer Rαιɴ || Wrιтιɴɢ ιѕ α cαllιɴɢ, ɴoт α cнoιce.  (SummerRain15) (One more) Diane blushed and bit her bottom lip, "Yeah, actually. I grew up with dance classes. It's kind of a hobby of mine. If I ever had kids, I'd be honored if my daughters were dancers."

message 29: by [deleted user] (new)

"Oh wow." She nodded. "my sister was a ballerina." She hoped Diane wouldn't notice the past tense

Sυммer Rαιɴ || Wrιтιɴɢ ιѕ α cαllιɴɢ, ɴoт α cнoιce.  (SummerRain15) Diane did notice. Of course she did, she was a producer, it was her job to catch things like that, but thankfully she didn't mention it. "It's a tough career." She said with a shrug.

message 31: by [deleted user] (new)

"Every career in this industry is tough." She smiled

Sυммer Rαιɴ || Wrιтιɴɢ ιѕ α cαllιɴɢ, ɴoт α cнoιce.  (SummerRain15) Diane sighed, "Isn't that the truth?" She smiled and her phone beeped. Groaning, she put her palm to her forehead for a moment before recomposing herself, looking at Jemma. "Well, duty calls." She slid a card out of her purse, holding it out to her. "Here, keep in touch. I'm available if you ever need a producer." (Now Alice is at PureTalent if you want Jemma to meet her.)

message 33: by [deleted user] (new)

((Sure))

She laughed. "Thanks. See you around, Ms. Sommers."