Stephen King Fans discussion

Revival
This topic is about Revival

Comments Showing 1-50 of 243 (243 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3 4 5

Becky (beckyofthe19and9) Ok, here's the official Revival thread. Remember to mark all spoilers. Unmarked spoilers will be deleted.

message 2: by Dan (last edited Nov 01, 2014 06:32PM) (new) - rated it 2 stars

Dan (dan2345) | 169 comments Thought it didn't come out till November 11th.

message 3: by Projectbio (last edited Nov 01, 2014 06:31PM) (new) - rated it 2 stars

Projectbio I'm really stoked for this. Darkest SK novel? Sounds really promising. After an exceptional 11/22/63 and Joyland my expectations are pretty great.

Becky (beckyofthe19and9) Dan wrote: "Thought it didn't come out till November 11th."

You are correct, however it was selected as the November group read, so here's the thread, all primed and ready. :)

message 5: by Dan (new) - rated it 2 stars

Dan (dan2345) | 169 comments Becky wrote: "Dan wrote: "Thought it didn't come out till November 11th."

You are correct, however it was selected as the November group read, so here's the thread, all primed and ready. :)"

Oh, well that makes sense. LOL

message 6: by Chris , The Hardcase (new) - added it

Chris  (haughtc) | 1099 comments Mod
I've pre-ordered mine at B&N. Not sure if I'll get to it right away.

message 7: by Dan (new) - rated it 2 stars

Dan (dan2345) | 169 comments Chris wrote: "I've pre-ordered mine at B&N. Not sure if I'll get to it right away."

You should, they're pretty good about that stuff.

Luciana Damasceno (lucydamasceno) | 77 comments I am looking forward to my Kindle copy too. There is an excerpt available, if anybody wants to get a head start:

https://www.scribd.com/doc/243138064/...

Gavin (thewalkingdude) | 224 comments ^loved it! I'm even more hyped for it, if that's possible.

Chris King | 152 comments Hurry up Tuesday!!

Nathan Jodry (theycallmewitness) | 79 comments I'm stoked to read the book. But, I just went on a couple of book buying sprees. Even buying the books second hand I've spent...... well, lets just say that I don't see myself buying anything new in the near future.

I don't know what to do!!

Nickronomicon | 23 comments I have the same problem. I'm #37 on the waiting list at my library.

Nathan Jodry (theycallmewitness) | 79 comments Hmmmmm

Library! Why didn't I think of that?! Thanks, Nick!!

Nickronomicon | 23 comments Yeah - they still have those! Haha

Nathan Jodry (theycallmewitness) | 79 comments I know I know.. I actually go to my local library fairly often. It's just that I went to a book show a month ago and spent too much money then went to a thrift store the other day and spent more money on books. I haven't had a reason to go to the library and you know the old saying. Out of site, out of mind! I just haven't thought of it.

Tomorrow morning I'll see if I can reserve a copy.

Jesse Orosco | 1 comments My copy is already pre-ordered for my kindle paperwhite. I was sooo tempted to purchase at my local grocer because, of all places, 3 copies have been on display & available for purchase since friday! Trust me...if wasn't pre-ordered, I would've snatched me a copy. The temptation was tough 2 fight & honestly I regret not getting an advance copy. I mean really...how rare is it to get an advance copy...esp. from a grocery store!

Nathan Jodry (theycallmewitness) | 79 comments What's the name of that grocery?! ;D

Luciana Damasceno (lucydamasceno) | 77 comments Just got my ebook copy, can't wait for my break! :)

Nathan Jodry (theycallmewitness) | 79 comments I'm jealous of all of you and I will never speak to any of you again! Well, that might be a little harsh. I'll just wish damnation on all of your children. Is that too much? Ok ok, I'll only wish that your children have to eat ice cream every night of their lives. There! That should do it!!

Luciana Damasceno (lucydamasceno) | 77 comments LOL Nathan just went down to Dark Score Lake... (as in Bag of Bones)

message 21: by Matt (new) - rated it 5 stars

Matt Mullins | 24 comments My drive to work was great as I started the audio book today! Is it time to go home yet!!

Justin Self | 4 comments Well, I just started! I'm pretty dang excited!! Cannot wait to See what King has in Store !!!!

Janice | 4 comments got my copy, haven't read yet but I'm looking forward to :D

Quentin Wallace (quentinwallace) | 15 comments My copy will hopefully be waiting for me when I get home from work, I'm like everyone else here, I can't wait!

message 25: by Joan (new) - rated it 4 stars

Joan (joanofsnark) | 77 comments I pre-ordered Revival form Amazon, waiting with pent-up excitement to start reading it today.

Wow, to think that with "Carrie" in 1974 to "Revival", SK's 68th novel, King is truly a national, literary treasure.

Victor I walked to Target to get my copy. I'm very excited for this!!!!

Amanda (queenjaneapproximately) | 30 comments Can't wait to get off work, one hour and 40 minutes and then Revival will be mine!

Michael Davis I'm on vacation in two weeks, so I'm going to hold off and read it then. Looking forward to it!

Michael Davis I'm on vacation in two weeks, so I'm going to hold off and read it then. Looking forward to it!

message 30: by [deleted user] (new)

Been a while since I bought a book on the day of publication at a physical bookstore, but I did today! Cannot wait to start Revival!

message 31: by Cody (new) - rated it 5 stars

Cody Vaters | 118 comments I had the day off, so I picked up my copy this morning :) About 200 pgs in, and so far it's really wonderful, and a little dark... But fantastic character development.

Squire (srboone) | 11 comments It's intriguing so far. I'm glad (view spoiler)

Becky La Grand Curtis | 1 comments Arrived today! So excited!!

message 34: by [deleted user] (new)

Have to wait till this weekend to buy my copy, currently in the middle of Mr. Mercedes which is good!

Luciana Damasceno (lucydamasceno) | 77 comments Cody, I want a day off to read it too (jealous I am)! I have ready only 100 pages so far.

Kandice | 3944 comments There's a (view spoiler)

message 37: by Nate (new) - rated it 5 stars

Nate (the_enobee) | 80 comments I was able to secure first position on my library's hold list for Revival...I get to pick it up today! I love being the first person to crack open a library book.

Marc-Antoine | 312 comments Just got my copy, I'm stoked for this!

Terry Moore (terrylibrarian) Finished this afternoon. An excellent work of classic First-Person King storytelling. The ending is exquisite, horrible and has strong echoes of H.P Lovecraft. I loved it and I know it will be in my head for a long time.

Margaret | 74 comments Now I am jealous !!! God knows when we ll be able to have it in Greece . Around Christmas I suppose !

Kandice | 3944 comments I plan on finishing tonight. I'm only about 150 in, but it just got really interesting.

message 42: by Nate (new) - rated it 5 stars

Nate (the_enobee) | 80 comments Page 38. I'm picturing Naomi Watts as Patsy Jacobs. Everyone else is emerging as new creations from my imagination. I really like Morrie.

message 43: by Cody (new) - rated it 5 stars

Cody Vaters | 118 comments Just finished it, and I have to say, it's one of my favourites. Classic King! It will haunt my dreams tonight LOL You are all in for a treat!

message 44: by Dave (new) - rated it 5 stars

Dave Timm I absolutely LOVED this book.

Luciana Damasceno (lucydamasceno) | 77 comments I guess I will just ignore you all until I finish the book, what I think will happen by Sunday, the latest ;)

Kandice | 3944 comments I know I am in the minority, but I actually loved Mr. Mercedes. This one...not so much. (view spoiler)

message 47: by Nate (new) - rated it 5 stars

Nate (the_enobee) | 80 comments Page 93

(view spoiler)

So much for that! How awesome was the terrible sermon? King is on top of his game here.

Kirstin | 220 comments I'm even more excited to start this after reading everyone's comments! Sounds so good!!

message 49: by [deleted user] (new)

mine finally showed up at my door step. super stoked to start reading it!

message 50: by Mary (new) - rated it 5 stars

Mary | 4 comments Loving it. 40% read.

« previous 1 3 4 5

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

It (other topics)

Authors mentioned in this topic

H.P. Lovecraft (other topics)