J.D. Robb discussion

BOM Authors - To Be Continued > BOM Author Karen Rose - Spoiler Zone

Comments Showing 1-50 of 196 (196 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3 4

message 1: by Sandra (last edited Nov 01, 2014 02:52PM) (new)

Sandra Hoover (sandrahoover) | 10201 comments Mod
This past July, our Book of the Month was Karen Rose's Don't Tell (Romantic Suspense #1). We had a good discussion on this chilling book and several expressed an interest in continuing with more of her books. Since we have already started the Romantic Suspense series, I suggest that we continue exploring this fantastic author by completing this series in order. While each book is a standalone, the author has advised that books are related by reoccurring characters & places.

Here is a link to a list of Karen Rose's books: Karen Rose Book List

Who is Karen Rose?

Internationally bestselling, RITA-award winning, author Karen Rose was born and raised in the Maryland suburbs of Washington, DC. She met her husband, Martin, on a blind date when they were seventeen and after they both graduated from the University of Maryland, (Karen with a degree in Chemical Engineering) they moved to Cincinnati, Ohio. Karen worked as an engineer for a large consumer goods company, earning two patents, but as Karen says, “scenes were roiling in my head and I couldn't concentrate on my job so I started writing them down. I started out writing for fun, and soon found I was hooked.”

Her debut suspense novel, DON'T TELL, was released in July, 2003. Since then, she has published fourteen more novels and two novellas. Her fifteenth novel, WATCH YOUR BACK, was released in 2014.

Karen's books have appeared on the bestseller lists of the New York Times, USA Today, London's Sunday Times, and Germany's der Spiegel (#1), and the Irish Times, as well as lists in South Africa (#1) and Australia!

Her novels, I'M WATCHING YOU and SILENT SCREAM, received the Romance Writers of America's RITA award for Best Romantic Suspense for 2005 and 2011. Five of her other books have been RITA finalists. To date, her books have been translated into twenty-four languages.

A former high school teacher of chemistry and physics, Karen lives in Florida with her husband of more than twenty years, her two daughters, two dogs, and a cat.

message 2: by Sandra (new)

I was blown away by Karen Rose's Don't Tell. I will be starting Have You Seen Her?, book 2, in a couple of weeks. Feel free to join in.

message 3: by Sheri (new)

Sheri Morell (smorell22) | 2165 comments I have read this series and it is awesome. Waiting patiently for the next release in 2015. i look forward to the discussions

message 4: by Sandra (new)

I've been wanting to get to this one. I will soon!

message 5: by Karen ♐ (new)

Karen ♐ (kmk1214) | 750 comments Loved Don't Tell also. Will be back when I'm starting Have You Seen Her. Should be in a couple of weeks also.

message 6: by Lisa (new)

Lisa Just started hard to out down. Love the 2 lead characters.

message 7: by Sandra (new)

Lisa, are you starting Have You Seen Her?

message 8: by Lisa (new)

Lisa Yes Sandra about 1/2 way through.

message 9: by Sandra (new)

I'll be joining you soon!

message 10: by Lisa (new)

Lisa Just finished. Another winner by her, hooked from about chapter 2, and stayed up half of last night to finish!

message 11: by Sandra (new)

Exciting to hear, Lisa. I love a book that hooks me into turning pages late into the night. Can't wait to read it.

message 12: by Karen ♐ (new)

Karen ♐ (kmk1214) | 750 comments Oh no, I want to start it now!

message 13: by Sandra (new)

I finished Have You Seen Her? last night. Loved it! Rose is so good at weaving an intricate plot riddled with chilling moments. And her villains are serious psychos! I'll be reading the next in this series in Dec.

message 14: by Karen ♐ (new)

Karen ♐ (kmk1214) | 750 comments Finished it in the wee hours this morning. I couldn't put this book down. It had me captivated all the way through.

message 15: by Sandra (new)

Is anyone else reading this series? Have already read it?

message 16: by Jonetta (new)

Jonetta (ejaygirl) | 12962 comments Mod
I'm reading it and am at book #8.

message 17: by Sandra (new)

And I'm going to assume they are all this good?! lol

message 18: by Jonetta (new)

Every book has been 4 stars or higher.

message 19: by Sandra (new)

Which one would you say is your favorite thus far, Jonetta?

message 20: by Jonetta (new)

You know, I didn't rate it 5 stars but think I should have...Have You Seen Her?.

message 21: by Sandra (new)

I wavered a bit between 4 & 5 stars...but in the end, I gave it 5. Just felt like it deserved it.

message 22: by Jonetta (new)

Yeah, I think I'll change my rating.

message 23: by Sheri (new)

Sheri Morell (smorell22) | 2165 comments I have read them all and absolutely love them...it is hard to pick a favorite

message 24: by Sandra (new)

But if you had to choose, Sheri, which one do you think it would be?

message 25: by Jonetta (new)

It is hard, Sheri. Funny, I had this listed as a favorite on Shelfari but not here. Just fixed it and changed the rating.

message 26: by Sheri (new)

Sheri Morell (smorell22) | 2165 comments well Don't Tell is definitely one of my favorites...i love all the characters in all the books. Nothing to Fear is also in the top 3

message 27: by Jonetta (new)

Don't Tell is definitely in my top 3.

message 28: by Sandra (new)

I thought Don't Tell was a masterpiece of good writing & suspense. I'll have to finish the series & see where it falls once I've read them all. I'm going through this series, as well as several others, one book a month. With so many series going, as well as BRs & MRs, one a month is all I can work in.

message 29: by Sandra (new)

Has everyone finished reading Have You Seen Her? that was planning to read it this month? I'd like to hear your thoughts on this book & discuss it before moving on to the next one in Dec. I do plan to read one a month & invite anyone & everyone to join me! :)

message 30: by Lisa (new)

Lisa I have finished. Like how in this book even though instant attraction they realised their insecurities and dealt with them and not just rush in to the relationship. Also liked how when they decided to be together they didn't just move in or get engaged straight away, a bit of realism. I really liked Thatcher and how he was trying to deal with the many roles he played in his life. I liked the twist with who did it too!

message 31: by Sandra (new)

The maturity of the relationship was a plus for me...along with the real life scenarios tossed at them. Thatcher is carrying some serious emotional baggage & it is realistic that it would take him a few tries to get it right. As always, Rose wrote a chilling read with a seriously psycho killer. I had figured out that the letter from his Mom was what had turned Brad from A student into a rebelling teenager - heartbreaking. I knew it was either Jack or Eddie but didn't see the added twist of the step-father although he did cross my mind a time or two.

message 32: by Karen ♐ (new)

Karen ♐ (kmk1214) | 750 comments I'm reading this series one book a month also. I loved these first two books and the fact that the MCs are a bit older. The suspense in this book was so chilling. I wasn't shocked about who did it but the ending! Wow! Lisa, I totally agree. Loved that it was more realistic for them at the end. She still showed us that they got together but not in a split second.

message 33: by Lisa (new)

Lisa Just starting book 3 I'm Watching You if anyone would like to join me.

message 34: by Jonetta (new)

Another good one. Loved Abe Reagan.

message 35: by Sandra (new)

Lisa - I'll be joining you...but it will be a week or so for me. Can't wait to start!

message 36: by Karen ♐ (new)

Karen ♐ (kmk1214) | 750 comments I'm joining in too. Probably end of next week for me.

message 37: by Lisa (new)

Lisa Awesome, looking forward to it.

Lesley Book Lover  (lesleyds) | 157 comments I love Karen Rose, and I have read all her books. I keep promising myself
I will read them again, so I might get into this in the new year, and join in with you all.

message 39: by Sandra (new)

Love to have you join us. I absolutely loved the first 2 books in this series. Rose writes some chilling suspense!

Kris - My Novelesque Life (mynovelesquelife) | 7 comments I just started book 2 Have You Seen Her?.

message 41: by Jonetta (new)

Get ready for a scary ride!!!!

Kris - My Novelesque Life (mynovelesquelife) | 7 comments Jonetta wrote: "Get ready for a scary ride!!!!"

With Karen Rose...I always keep the lights on and some hours free ;)

I know I've asked you this before - so I apologize - what book are you on?

message 43: by Jonetta (new)

No apologies! My next is #8, Scream for Me.

Kris - My Novelesque Life (mynovelesquelife) | 7 comments I doubt I will catch up to you anytime soon, but at least I will have you to warn me which ones I need all the lights on for ;)

message 45: by Jonetta (new)

Hate to tell you this but...so far, all of them:)

Kris - My Novelesque Life (mynovelesquelife) | 7 comments You got be excited now, lol. You know me scarier the better

message 47: by Jonetta (new)

Me, too, but then I get wimpy. It's why it's taking me so long to finish A Maiden's Grave.

Kris - My Novelesque Life (mynovelesquelife) | 7 comments Not wimpy, proceeding with caution lol.

message 49: by Sandra (new)

Kris wrote: "I just started book 2 Have You Seen Her?."

Really loved this one, Kris. This is another series on my one-a-month plan...reading the 3rd one this month.

Kris - My Novelesque Life (mynovelesquelife) | 7 comments I am trying to catch up to, Sandra. I will read book 2 and 3 this month.

« previous 1 3 4