What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

UNSOLVED: One specific book > Sci/Fi dystopian gay&Lesbian overpopulation several volumes

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Kevin (last edited Nov 01, 2014 01:45PM) (new)

Kevin (sandiegokevin) | 1 comments Science Fiction book series about a militaristic future. World is overpopulated so Gay/Lesbian relationships encouraged. Probably written 80's. At least three volumes.
Good and bad characters that play cat and mouse, I can't remember if the main characters were spies or 'terrorists'. The bad guy was a nazi-ish police detective or perhaps military man that chased the good guys (I think a gay couple). The bad guy played the 'straight foil' for the jokes

One of the 'scenes' was about a 'self cleaning' prison cell where the occupant also got cleaned like a giant dishwasher.

It had lots of very dry humor, also a lot of dark humor. Satire abounds

I vaguely remember that one of the bad guys had a lesbian bank teller friend.

Although I have not read The Wanting Seed by Anthony Burgess it seems to be similar: more about ideas, lots of satire, more fun than serious. The books I'm thinking about differ in that they cover several volumes, at least three. The first volume was not as good as later volumes. Also not as messy of a future

I appreciate any ideas.

message 2: by Michele (new)

Michele | 2357 comments Was this YA or aimed more at adults? Do you recall how many books were in the series? Was it the same characters in all the books, or did the different books focus on different characters? Do you remember when you read it, and was it a new book or an older one at the time?

message 3: by Bryan457 (new)

Bryan457 | 284 comments L. Ron Hubbard's Mission Earth series has some of those elements. But it has been so long, I couldn't tell you which of the 10 books it was in.

message 4: by Arielle (new)

Arielle Masters | 252 comments bumping for Kevin - any luck?

message 5: by Blue (new)

Blue | 834 comments bumping because I want to know what this is.

Kate (Feathered Turtle Press) (stargazer401) | 250 comments I think I remember hearing about an element like this in The Forever War?

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

The Forever War (other topics)

Authors mentioned in this topic

L. Ron Hubbard (other topics)