Calibre Users discussion

General > iBooks to calibre

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Lin #Historical lover...❤️ | 14 comments My friend wants to move her ibooks on her iphone into calibre. She has many free ebooks that she downloaded to ibooks off the internet so she does does think they are drm protected. She cannot find where these books are stored in the iphone or icloud to move them to her samsung android phone or her android tablet for easier reading on the bigger screen.

Any ideas how the books can be moved to calibre?

message 2: by Eric (new)

Eric Mesa (djotaku) | 4 comments Can they be synced to the computer via iTunes?

Lin #Historical lover...❤️ | 14 comments I'll ask her... The main problem is the non itunes free books that she found on the internet. They are not supposed to be locked into apple but she cannot find where they are stored to move them.

message 4: by Michael (new)

Michael (mgm58) | 2 comments She might try emailing them to herself. Once on a computer she can import them into Calibre and then do whatever she wants with them.

Lin #Historical lover...❤️ | 14 comments She cannot email the files if she cannot find where they are stored. Thanks for trying.

message 6: by Michael (new)

Michael (mgm58) | 2 comments http://letschatmac.com/how-to-share-b...

Will either of these help? The instructions to send a book looks like it sends a link. Perhaps clicking the link will open and allow you to download the file?

The 2nd set of instructions is for emailing a pdf but I don;t know if it will work for a ebook format.

My brother-in-law is all things Apple and he was telling me it's hard because of the way the iPhone stores it's files. I was trying to pull a video file off of an iPad and my eyes started to glaze over when he was half way through the instructions.

How to share a link to a book with iBooks for iPhone and iPad

1. Launch the iBooks app from the Home screen of your iPhone or iPad

2. Tap on the book that you’d like to share with someone.

3. Now tap on the main menu icon in the upper left.

4. On the table of contents page, tap on the Share button in the upper right hand corner.

5. Choose how you’d like to share the selected book. Your options are email, SMS, twitter, facebook, and copying a link to share another way.

How to email PDFs directly from iBooks for iPhone and iPad

1. Launch the iBooks app from the Home screen of your iPhone or iPad

2. Tap on the PDF that you’d like to share with someone via email.

3. At the top, tap on the Share button in the menu.

4. Tap on Email.

5. The PDF will be auto-inserted into an email. Just type the email address of the person you’d like to send it to and that’s it!