Kindle British Mystery Book Club discussion

Capable of Murder (Belinda Lawrence Murder Mystery, #1)
This topic is about Capable of Murder
Book Club Selection > Spoiler Discussion (November 2014) - Capable of Murder by Brian Kavanagh

Comments Showing 1-3 of 3 (3 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

David Gooch | 4042 comments Mod
******* THIS THREAD MAY GIVE INFORMATION AWAY IF YOU HAVEN'T READ OR FINISHED THE BOOK ******

This is a spoiler thread for the November Value Book Group Read
Capable of Murder by Brian Kavanagh

Post in here if you wish to comment on the book and discuss details that may spoil or give away important or pertinent details for those who haven't read or finished the book yet.

AngryGreyCat (angrygreycatreads) | 554 comments I am starting this one tonight after my yoga class.

AngryGreyCat (angrygreycatreads) | 554 comments I finished this last night and have yet to review it. I'll get to that later today. I would probably give it about 2 stars.

I just felt that the character of Jacob was just so obviously ...odd, I don't know how she would ever be comfortable being alone with him. Belinda knew that something was odd with the brother and sister and yet did nothing to protect herself from them.

THe whole scene with him insisting upon picking her up to move to the cottage was just nuts. Who wouldn't just say..."um I already paid for the moving van, sorry thanks for the thought. Gotta go. bye". And then he dumps her stuff and leaves her to deal with it. Zero social skills.

The novel seemed short and thus seemed to rush to the conclusion.

Mark, the real estate agent just seemed like a stereotype to me. The lawyer just didn't make sense. If he wanted to he could have destroyed the will or changed it in some way. He could have just delayed contacting Belinda to have time to search. His actions didn't make sense to me.

On the other hand the garden idea was interesting, I really enjoyed the series by Anthony Eglin, that seems to me to be a much better version of this book. The Lost Gardens by Anthony Eglin The Blue Rose by Anthony Eglin Garden of Secrets Past by Anthony Eglin

The Blue Rose was particularly good in this series.