Not So Young YA Bookclub discussion

Archives > January PIFM

Comments Showing 1-16 of 16 (16 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Guy Vestal (last edited Dec 20, 2014 02:06PM) (new)

Guy Vestal  - Counter Culture Critic (DaddyRose) This is how it works:

Sign up in this thread by posting your name and link to your bookshelf to be picked from. You can post your to-read shelf or you have to create one for someone to pick from.

Everyone that signs up I will partner up with another member. Partners will be posted Jan. 1 and books should be picked for your partner by Jan. 5th. If you do not hear from your partner by the 5th please let me know and I will pick for you.

Participants: Guy, Megan

message 2: by Megan (new)

Megan (megantron119) I will sign up for this one.

https://www.goodreads.com/review/list...

message 3: by Guy Vestal (new)

Guy Vestal  - Counter Culture Critic (DaddyRose) Lemme clean up my PIFM, maybe I can get in, if not, I will change it to Feb. :-(

message 5: by Guy Vestal (new)

Guy Vestal  - Counter Culture Critic (DaddyRose) So it appears to be me and Megan, unless any last second stragglers roll in in a day or so...

message 6: by Megan (new)

Megan (megantron119) If no one shows up in a couple of days I will pick your book for you. You might not want me picking it now, I'm getting sleepy lol. Happy New Year!

message 7: by Guy Vestal (new)

Guy Vestal  - Counter Culture Critic (DaddyRose) Megan wrote: "If no one shows up in a couple of days I will pick your book for you. You might not want me picking it now, I'm getting sleepy lol. Happy New Year!"

Ok!

message 8: by Megan (new)

Megan (megantron119) I say if no one else shows by the 3rd or 4th we can go ahead. I have 4 more books to read before this one though. Someone ventured to the library before Christmas and got quite a few books and haven't finished them yet....lol.

message 9: by Megan (new)

Megan (megantron119) Just thought I would let you know that Matched, The Maze Runner and The Secret Garden have already been picked for me in another group. I forgot how many of these things I joined in for this month lol. I don't have to read all of those, but I want to try.

message 10: by Guy Vestal (new)

Guy Vestal  - Counter Culture Critic (DaddyRose) I saw this:

Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children (Miss Peregrine's Peculiar Children, #1) by Ransom Riggs

On your PIFM...

I loved this, and I am going to read

Hollow City (Miss Peregrine's Peculiar Children, #2) by Ransom Riggs

Soon!

If you want to read that (Mrs Peregrines) I hope you love it as much as I did.

message 11: by Megan (new)

Megan (megantron119) I will definitely read that one! I will pick yours now as well. :)

message 12: by Megan (new)

Megan (megantron119) I haven't read any of yours, but Remake and The Witch and Other tales Re-Told sound very interesting. I will let you decide between the two. :)

message 13: by Guy Vestal (new)

Guy Vestal  - Counter Culture Critic (DaddyRose) I will do:

The Witch And Other Tales Re-Told by Jean Thompson

message 14: by Megan (new)

Megan (megantron119) I just finished Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children and loved it! I might not've read it again so soon if you hadn't picked it, but I'm glad you did. I can't wait to find out what happens in Hollow City now!

message 15: by Guy Vestal (new)

Guy Vestal  - Counter Culture Critic (DaddyRose) I have yet to read Hollow City either.

message 16: by Megan (new)

Megan (megantron119) It. Is. Awesome. It makes me want to third book NOW! My sister warned me before I read it, but I had already commited to it lol.