Harlequin Presents Readers discussion

Themes > public confession/grovel

Comments Showing 1-12 of 12 (12 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by bookworm1202 (new)

bookworm1202 | 67 comments I m re-reading Once a Ferrara Wife....
I love the airport scene where H grovels h at the airport.

So suggest hp's where H declares his love or grovels in front of a audience .

i remember only two .both by abby green.

One Night with the Enemy
The Legend of de Marco

message 2: by Stephanie (new)

Stephanie | 1 comments A Night of Scandal by Sarah Morgan - in front of her friend.
The Real Rio Del Aquila - Sandra Marton - to her four brothers before he professes love to her.

message 3: by Becky (last edited Nov 02, 2014 07:41AM) (new)

Becky  (BeckyNJ) | 47 comments I wish I could remember the title of the one where hero comes down the street (of heroine's father's home) in shining armor, I think even on a horse! Will try to find...

message 4: by KatieV (new)

KatieV | 141 comments Not an HP, but a Hqn Desire. Definitely fits the thread though. Enticed by His Forgotten Lover by Maya Banks.

message 5: by bookworm1202 (new)

bookworm1202 | 67 comments Becky wrote: "I wish I could remember the title of the one where hero comes down the street (of heroine's father's home) in shining armor, I think even on a horse! Will try to find..."

A Night of Living Dangerously in this hero dresses up in shining armor outside h's dad's office but i don't remember if there is a horse or not and and confesses his love/grovels(coz he humiliates her at a party her earlier.How I hate wen H humiliates h in public).

and a non-hp
Rhett her also H confesses in front h's family similar way

message 6: by bookworm1202 (last edited Nov 02, 2014 09:45AM) (new)

bookworm1202 | 67 comments Stephanie wrote: "A Night of Scandal by Sarah Morgan - in front of her friend.
The Real Rio Del Aquila - Sandra Marton - to her four brothers before he professes love to her."

thanks.
have look up first for 'A Night of Scandal'.i guess H is a movie star in this book. it wud be fun to read this scene

message 7: by bookworm1202 (new)

bookworm1202 | 67 comments KatieV wrote: "Not an HP, but a Hqn Desire. Definitely fits the thread though. Enticed by His Forgotten Lover by Maya Banks."

yup love this book

message 8: by Jen - Reviews (new)

Jen - Reviews | 159 comments The Sarantos Secret Baby by Olivia Gates. Hero, Aristede Sarantos, declares his love in front of all heroine's brothers and more ( but I won't ruin it for you). great book!

message 9: by Lemon (new)

Lemon | 801 comments Mod
Saturday's Bride by Kate Walker Saturday's Bride by Kate Walker. H declares himself in front of h's family.

message 10: by Vintage (new)

Vintage (vintagesedona) | 278 comments Looking for a book where the hero rescues young girls in danger of being solicited to be prostitutes. The heroine sees him talking to a girl and misunderstands the situation.
On the other hand, the hero believes that the heroine and her mother were sucking someone's estate dry for frivolous reasons where in reality they had set up a house for the h's invalid brother and other kids with disabilities.

At the end, the hero has sex with the heroine and humiliates her do the misunderstanding. Once he sees what they have done with the estate he GROVVVVVVELLS big time. Exhausting, I know, but hey, it's HP.

message 11: by Becky (last edited Dec 26, 2014 01:19PM) (new)

Becky  (BeckyNJ) | 47 comments Purchased for Revenge. Julia James. Seriously needed to be longer because her love for him made no sense. Also the abuse he heaped on her made no sense (why would he be so angry and why given his background would he punish a woman that way? Just made no sense). And the end really annoyed me, so if she had been a prostitute or her mom was an alcoholic it would have been ok how he treated her but because it was sick kids it was wrong? Rehab for addicts is pretty worthy too. But what bothered me the most is that he reneged on the agree upon price. I could even forgive his sick treatment in bed resulting from some psych-sexual dysfunction but not his lack of ethics! But I still loved the crazy read and originality. Her rant (which almost half of HP heroines could fittingly use) absolutely rocked.

message 12: by Vintage (new)

Vintage (vintagesedona) | 278 comments Thanks. That was the one. Her rant; his grovel.