Fantasy Book Club Series discussion

A Shadow in Summer (Long Price Quartet, #1)
This topic is about A Shadow in Summer
Long Price Quartet > Long Price#1-A Shadow in Summer--no spoilers!

Comments Showing 1-14 of 14 (14 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Maggie, The Malazan Queen of Chaos (new) - rated it 4 stars

Maggie K | 1202 comments Mod
I read this book and so this is a reread for me, but I am excited to see what you all think about the fabulous magic system and world building..really unique, I thought!

Are you joining in? What do you think so far???

message 2: by Helen (new)

Helen I bought this ready :)

message 3: by Jon (new) - added it

Jon (jonmoss) | 706 comments I bought the ebook edition last month for my birthday. I will join in the read and discussion later in the month. I'm wrapping up some other reads now. Looking forward to it.

message 4: by Helen (new)

Helen Started today, it was the only way I could put off doing some work. It's a surprisingly quick read. Very confusing initially, particularly as you jump about but enjoying it a lot now.

message 5: by Helen (new)

Helen Finished, enjoyed it a lot. Why haven't I read him before? I've naughtily gone on but in my defence it is the same book here in the UK. I accidentally turned the epage...

message 6: by Maggie, The Malazan Queen of Chaos (new) - rated it 4 stars

Maggie K | 1202 comments Mod
accidentally???? lolol

message 7: by Helen (new)

Helen Well, I clicked the page turn button imagining there would be some gap between books but it went straight to the next book's opening chapter. It would've been rude not to peruse and by then it was too late to stop.

Hey, at least I'm not falling behind. Liking this series a lot, glad I had a lull and decided to join in.

message 8: by Ian (new)

Ian Hall | 26 comments Im going to buy this book today and get started. I have been meaning to read this series for a while.

Antonis (antonakis) | 27 comments I'm just at 50% of the first book and I have to say it's different than what I expected. It's much much slower and up to this point there has been no action whatsoever. It doesn't look like either of those is going to change to be honest. On the other hand though, it still manages to be very interesting with deep characterization and great writing. Let's see how this one develops then.

message 10: by Ian (new)

Ian Hall | 26 comments The shadow and betrayal book has just arrived and im going to get started right away.

message 11: by Helen (new)

Helen You'll be finished soon,lol.

Kevin | 49 comments Great World building in this one

message 13: by Jon (new) - added it

Jon (jonmoss) | 706 comments I'm about 40% finished with the ebook. I'm enjoying this world quite a bit, more than I thought I would.

message 14: by Helen (new)

Helen Jon wrote: "I'm about 40% finished with the ebook. I'm enjoying this world quite a bit, more than I thought I would."

I did too, after initially wondering what was going on!