Space Opera Fans discussion

A Hero for the Empire (The Dragon's Bidding, #1)
This topic is about A Hero for the Empire
Previous BOTM Threads > [BOTM] - INDIE PICK - A Hero for the Empire by Christina Westcott

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Anna (new)

Anna Erishkigal (annaerishkigal) Greetings Space Opera Fans!

Talk about Girls with Guns, our INDIE PICK this month is A Hero for the Empire by Christina Westcott.

A Hero for the Empire (The Dragon's Bidding, #1) by Christina Westcott Christina Westcott

"Commander Kimber FitzWarren is running on borrowed time. The cybernetic augmentations that give her superhuman strength and speed have also shortened her life. The success of her next mission is imperative, not only to save her Empire, but because this operation could be her last. She and a cabal of other idealistic officers are plotting to topple the corrupt Imperial government. The key to placing missing military legend Arianne Ransahov on the throne lies with the one man who can find her, mercenary Wolf Youngblood.

Having just survived an Imperial assassination attempt, Wolf is understandably on edge when Fitz shows up in his bedroom at 0-dark-30. Except she isn’t there to kill him, but to plead for his help. Help he’s reluctant to give—until another assassin pushes the issue. Pursued by Imperial forces, left with no one to depend on but each other, a bond begins to form that even their secrets can’t destroy. But before they can explore what’s left of their future, they have to survive the mission.

Warning: Space is no place to go it alone. We recommend taking along a telepathic cat, an immortal mercenary, and a cybernetically augmented Imperial SpecOps agent. You never know what kind of trouble you’ll run into…"

Are you reading A Hero for the Empire? Shout it out in the comments thread below to find out who else is reading it and discuss what you think about the book. Just remember to be kind ...use the spoiler .html (view spoiler) or open your own spoiler-filled discussion thread in the Book Buddies Club folder located w-a-y at the bottom of the main community page where you can discuss the book in spoilery goodness.

message 2: by Steph (new)

Steph Bennion (stephbennion) | 303 comments Anyone reading this? Being book one of a series with no book two as yet is putting me off, so I need convincing. On the other hand, it is space opera with a telepathic cat...

message 3: by Leonie (new)

Leonie (leonierogers) | 339 comments I've just picked it up today. Space opera with a telepathic cat was just too much to resist!

message 4: by Anna (new)

Anna Erishkigal (annaerishkigal) I bought it, but I'm up to my ears in NaNoWriMo at the moment so haven't had a chance to dive into it yet (or eat ... or feed the non-telepathic cat looking up at me with expectant green eyes). It looks really good, though. :-)

Rhonda Mason Bought this book, I've read it twice already. It is an awesome space opera with romance/ romantic space opera. The action is fantastic and the pace is non-stop, kept me turning the pages. And Jumper (the telepathic cat) is hilarious :) Worth reading just for that!

message 6: by Anna (new)

Anna Erishkigal (annaerishkigal) *****************************************************************

Yippee!!! Christina Westcott has just gotten back with an author interview!

HERE: www.goodreads.com/topic/show/2096559-...