Bitter Kittens Book Club discussion

New Book Tracker

Comments Showing 1-3 of 3 (3 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Courtney (new)

Courtney Let's chat here about upcoming books from favorite authors

message 2: by Ellen (new)

Ellen | 4 comments "Nurse Ellen" here! Love to read and love to connect with BKs here as well as on the TLo site. I usually have a half dozen books going at any one time, and my nightstand is unusually full because the library had their semi-annual book sale last month. Oddly, I left with MORE books than I donated!! How did this happen? Anyway.....I read mostly nonfiction, biographies, etc. I've heard good things about Jonathan Franzen but could not for the life of me get into "The Connections", so I've been reading a book of his essays called "How to Be Alone"--great stuff. A compendium of New Yorker profiles, mostly of theater people, by John Lahr, which is very entertaining. "Supreme City" by Donald Miller, about the rise of NYC. Also "The Romanov Sisters" by Helen Rappaport, about the four daughters of the last Czar of Russia. My book club here forces me to delve into a fiction once in a while so I have "Plum Wine" looking at me with scorn every time I put it aside...I still have 2 weeks before the meeting, though!

message 3: by Courtney (new)

Courtney I love that you read Non fiction Ellen, I don't read much of it.

Although I do have on my bookshelf, the new Tavis Smiley book about the last year of Martin Luther King.

It's a bit heavy, and I need light and fluffy right now.