Addicted to YA discussion

The Blood of Olympus (The Heroes of Olympus, #5)
This topic is about The Blood of Olympus
Series > The Blood of Olympus

Comments Showing 1-48 of 48 (48 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Erika, Dream Thief (new)

Erika (livingforthebooks) | 5279 comments Mod
What did you think of it? Favorite or least favorite characters? Favorite or least favorite part?

Ricky (spider-fan) | 876 comments Big negative for me - no Percy POV. :( (Then again, I'm only halfway through it right now, so that could change...right?)

Big positive for me - the story is still as amazing as ever. :)

Sophie (soph1100) | 233 comments I agree with Ricky I'm disappointed that Rick didn't put Percy's POV in but I liked that he put Reyna's POV in. It made me appreciate her more.

Can't wait till his new series comes out!!!!!

Ricky (spider-fan) | 876 comments Just finished the book last night...holy Lord. :O

message 5: by Angelica (last edited Nov 02, 2014 04:15PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Angelica (jelly1234) | 1 comments Finished it, loved it, cried, and felt like there were too many cliff hangers. I want to know what happens. And I agree with Ricky and Sophie it needed to have a least one chapter in Percy's point of view for old times sake.

Carrie Gulledge (momtognm) | 40 comments I agree, way too many cliff hangers. Otherwise it was a good ending to the series.

Charis | 3 comments I liked it very much!! It was amazing, although I have to agree with you guys.. There were too many cliff hangers.. In other words, I loved it..!!

Ricky (spider-fan) | 876 comments Well, we all know Uncle Rick is the King of Cliffhangers. I think he needed to up his game after what Kami Garcia and Margaret Stohl did with Dangerous Creatures earlier this year...

Sammy (SammyHope) | 608 comments This book...I can't even. I loved it so much.

Sammy (SammyHope) | 608 comments Angelica wrote: "Finished it, loved it, cried, and felt like there were too many cliff hangers. I want to know what happens. And I agree with Ricky and Sophie it needed to have a least one chapter in Percy's point ..."

Cliff hangers are what makes a book interesting! Otherwise, it would be very boring.

Niharika Mukherjee | 1 comments I loved the book, though I agree that Percy and Annabeth weren't in the limelight as often as I would have liked them to be.
But I loved it anyway.An excellent end to a brilliant series of books!

Isabelle (fzb28) | 227 comments Just finished it :D
I love love love it! Not my favorite in the series, but it was still epic. I really wish we had a Percy POV though. I mean, it's the last book. And Percy has been there from the very beginning with the Titans (Percy Jackson and the Olympians), so it just didn't feel right that we didn't see things from his POV.
But it was still a great ending to an even greater series :)

Sammy (SammyHope) | 608 comments Rain wrote: "It was awesome! But I agree, it needed either a Percy or Annabeth POV. An epilogue would have been nice too. Like either a wedding or children."

Yes! I said that very same thing when I finished the book.

message 14: by Sammy (last edited Nov 06, 2014 03:32PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Sammy (SammyHope) | 608 comments This whole series, PJO and HoO, started with Percy. It's only fair that it should end with him too.

Danyel Anastasiou | 82 comments I loved the book and the series! I of course agree with feelings about Percy. I fell in love with all the characters and so look forward to reading more of his books!

message 16: by Gab (new) - rated it 5 stars

Gab Loved it! Percy definitely needed his own POV, but never mind that. Am I the only one who is extremely happy for Nico?!

Sammy (SammyHope) | 608 comments No! I felt very happy for him in the end of the book when he finally opened up to Percy and Reyna.

Harlee I loved the book but I didn't want it to end! I want MORE D': I missed having Percy's POV but I loved having Nico's and Reyna's. They definitely moved up my favorite character list :)

message 19: by Dana (new) - rated it 5 stars

Dana | 33 comments I am so happy for Nico and I am so glad that has didn't die in this book because I was pretty sure that he was going to because of the book titles spelling out "The Son Of Hades Blood". He has always been my favourite character since he was introduced in Titan's Curse, and I am so happy for him now!

Ricky (spider-fan) | 876 comments @Dana: *chokes on coffee* Didn't notice that before. Man, imagine if Uncle Rick really went there. That would make him the Undying Overlord of Trolls, Now and Forever.

Nessa (nessas_books) I thought it was good but we needed to see Leo and Calypso back at Camp Half-Blood with everyone!

Ricky (spider-fan) | 876 comments @Nicole: There's some serious Fanfic Fuel right there.

Scene: Camp Half-Blood

Percy: (humming St. Vincent's "Birth in Reverse" to himself, just 'cause) "Oh, what an ordinary day. Take out the garbage-" HOLY SCHIST! Leo, is that you?
(Leo and Calypso touch down in the middle of camp)
Leo: Leo Valdez in da house! All da ladies luv Leo! (looks askance at Calypso) But none more than you, sweet cheeks.

...you're welcome. XD

message 23: by Gab (new) - rated it 5 stars

Gab @Ricky: that made my night! xD

Ricky (spider-fan) | 876 comments @Gab:

Glad to be of service. :)

Harlee @Ricky that sounds EXACTLY like something Leo would say lol!

Sammy (SammyHope) | 608 comments Nicole wrote: "I thought it was good but we needed to see Leo and Calypso back at Camp Half-Blood with everyone!"

Yeah I thought that too.

Sammy (SammyHope) | 608 comments Harlee wrote: "@Ricky that sounds EXACTLY like something Leo would say lol!"

So true!

Ricky (spider-fan) | 876 comments @Harlee, Sam: If I remember correctly, he actually did say that when they were all wreaking havoc at Asclepius's place.

Sammy (SammyHope) | 608 comments Oh he probably did.

Harlee Oh yeah! That was awesome :)

Neelie (neelieoliver) I read it in one day and I envisioned so much more for the finale. Just not this. No Percy or Annabeth POV. I wanted to see their take on everything.

But Norse is next. What else can he go with? Hawaiian, Celtic...

Harlee Maybe he'll do multiple series on ALL cultural mythologies lol

message 33: by Riya (new) - rated it 5 stars

Riya | 0 comments I'm super excited for the Norse stuff!!!

message 34: by Nikki, Eragon Bookslayer (new) - rated it 5 stars

Nikki Sojkowski (nikkisoj) | 1545 comments Mod
I completely agree with all of the Percy feels. a POV from the Percabeth perspective would have been a great closure, maybe an epilogue of them. I loved the the Nico/Reyna PoV's. Getting to know them better through their thoughts was great since they're not exactly open people. The ending with Nico confessing to Percy was hilarious I can just picture Percy turning to Annabeth and being all like "I'm not his type?? How can I NOT be someone's type?"

kayla (kpaige23) the Reyna and Nico povs were amazing!
a Percy and/or Annabeth pov at the end would've been nice closure because that's the last time we may ever read about Percy's adventures again :) I loved the entire series so sad to see it end <3

Harlee I'm still kind of in denial that it's really over lol

message 37: by Rucy (new) - rated it 5 stars

Rucy My first guess was either Jason or Frank was going to die. I thought in the prophecy "fire" had to do with Frank's wood. The one person I really didn't want to die was Leo because I knew how lonely Leo has been so I was really happy with the ending. I was on an emotional roller coaster haha. Oh man Uncle Rick enjoys to troll me. Also very happy about Nico's ending too. My favorite quote is oddly "No!" Polybotes wailed. "Not merchandising rights!"

Sammy (SammyHope) | 608 comments What about american? Is there such a thing as american mythology? :)

Sammy (SammyHope) | 608 comments Harlee wrote: "I'm still kind of in denial that it's really over lol"

Same, girl, same.

Sammy (SammyHope) | 608 comments Nikki wrote: "I completely agree with all of the Percy feels. a POV from the Percabeth perspective would have been a great closure, maybe an epilogue of them. I loved the the Nico/Reyna PoV's. Getting to know th..."

Yeeess!

Harlee Yeah, he can write about Sasquatch! The sad thing is it would still probably be fantastic lol

message 42: by [deleted user] (new)

The book was awesome & I am super stocked for uncle Rick new book series!!!

Sammy (SammyHope) | 608 comments Harlee wrote: "Yeah, he can write about Sasquatch! The sad thing is it would still probably be fantastic lol"

Everything he writes is good.

Sofia (sofibooklioness21) | 341 comments I thoroughly enjoyed reading "The Blood of Olympus"! Although, I had hoped that I would've gotten to read from Percy and Annabeth's perspectives. It was great!

Natalia (greenmist) | 9 comments I adored the Heroes of Olympus as a whole, but I found this to be quite a disappointing ending for such an incredible adventure. It felt rushed, and even though it's always a sad experience, I was really hoping Rick Riordan would make the experience more real and at least kill off SOMEONE from the main cast. Nevertheless, the series as a whole was wonderful

message 46: by SAM (new) - added it

SAM | 63 comments Has anyone seen the synopsis for Riordan's new series, the Hidden Oracle? Looks like we get more Camp Half Blood and possibly a love interest for Reyna? No demigod will heal her heart (according to Aphrodite) but maybe a sun god turn mortal teenage boy can? I'm equal parts excited and hesitant that Riordan is going to ruin this series.

Meghan (moorebooksplease) | 60 comments so disappointed in this spin off. it started strong and then...crickets. even my kids (who I read these too at baby's nap time were bored. which is HARD to do with them.) I think it was just too much POV switching. I just stopped caring about anybody. high fantasy books do that to me too. hey- pick a lane. I want to give a poo about the characters, but not 25 of them at the same time.

message 48: by Skydreamer (new)

Skydreamer Lee | 151 comments Ricky wrote: "@Nicole: There's some serious Fanfic Fuel right there.

Scene: Camp Half-Blood

Percy: (humming St. Vincent's "Birth in Reverse" to himself, just 'cause) "Oh, what an ordinary day. Take out the gar..."

OMG THANKS FOR THIS