Fans of Christian Romance discussion

Group Reads > November 2014 - A Grand Teton Sleigh Ride

Comments Showing 1-3 of 3 (3 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Diane U (new)

Diane U (djuseless) For November, we are reading A Grand Teton Sleigh Ride: Four Generations of Wyoming Ranchers Celebrate Love at Christmas by Elizabeth Goddard.

A Grand Teton Sleigh Ride Four Generations of Wyoming Ranchers Celebrate Love at Christmas by Elizabeth Goddard

Summary: Wyoming’s spectacular mountains have drawn many—from trappers to ranchers to skiing enthusiasts. This Christmas, spend the holidays with the Covington family, who have called Wyoming home for generations. Rough, bristly rancher Zebulon sets his sights on eastern lady Belle Murray. Forward-thinking Emily would rather stay a dog musher than become a bride. Outfitter Sam wants to make his name in Wyoming—not say “I do.” Hayley’s quest for her father’s approval goes sour when she takes an interest in a local ski bum. Will four festive sleigh rides rein in romance?

message 2: by Amanda (new)

Amanda (goodreadscomamanda_hamm) | 3 comments I’m pretty new (lurking for a while but haven’t joined any discussions) so I hope no one minds if I try to jump in and start something here.

I’ve only read the first novella in this collection and it took me longer than it should have. I was trying to figure out what kept me from getting pulled in and I think it might have been a lack of chemistry between the two main characters. I still liked the story. There just seemed to be something missing that made me not get excited to see their eventual happily ever after. It almost felt as though the two independently decided to like the other, rather than being swayed by enjoying each other’s company. Thoughts?

message 3: by [deleted user] (new)

My book should be delivered tomorrow; I'm waiting for it from Amazon. I'll be very anxious to start it.