YA and Beyond discussion

MONTHLY BOOK DISCUSSIONS > November 2014: Rebel Belle

Comments Showing 1-43 of 43 (43 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Heidi (Yup. Still here.)  | 6961 comments Mod
Place to discuss the November read Rebel Belle Rebel Belle (Rebel Belle, #1) by Rachel Hawkins

I am super excited! I loved Ms. Hawkins and own this on audio to listen to :)

message 3: by Becky (new)

Becky (bek11) | 451 comments *Sigh* I wanted to read this but life has been crazy. I'll put in the inter-library loan thing now and hope things slow down by the time it comes in.

Sorry to hear that Becky! No hurry. I just started it this weekend and am intrigued so far.

I am about 2-3 hours into the audiobook and am intrigued so far. The main character starts off like kind of a popular/mean girl so I am hoping she starts becoming more endearing. I assume she will.

*b*l*u*e*m*o*o*n* | 986 comments Mod
this book sounds pretty interesting...

It is good so far.

message 8: by Gale (new)

Gale (goodreadscomglredw) | 8 comments I;'ll try it

Yay! I am about 1/3rd of the way into it and still intrigued.

message 10: by Becky (last edited Nov 15, 2014 06:14AM) (new)

Becky (bek11) | 451 comments Still waiting for my inter-library loan....but since I'm reading Out of the Easy, that's OK.

message 11: by Gale (new)

Gale (goodreadscomglredw) | 8 comments I want to read this but it's not on my kindle unlimited and I can't afford it so I have to wait for the library

Does your library have it Gale? I hope so!

message 13: by Gale (new)

Gale (goodreadscomglredw) | 8 comments Yes it will be audio and I will have to wait

Ok no hurry! I am listening to the audio and it is not one of my favorite narrators. She kind of gets on my nerves but not enough to chuck it all and get the print version!

message 15: by Heidi (Yup. Still here.) (last edited Nov 16, 2014 05:18AM) (new)

I am about half done (I powered through a ton yesterday while cleaning). I am liking it. I still don't feel a connection to the main character but I think more will be revealed about her so I am waiting for full judgment. So far it has a kind of Buffy the VS vibe but with southern etiquette. I am finding the info about the "magical" portions interesting.

i just borrowed the ebook. So hope to get to it.

Yay!

Started it today. It's pretty good. I can't wait for them to explain the whole situation tho.

I just passed the whole explanation part so feel a little more up to speed. I think I have 3 hours left of the audiobook and I am enjoying it. So far it is a solid 3.5 star read.

message 20: by Jenny (new)

Jenny (juliababyjen) | 1572 comments I really want to read this one, but it may be awhile till I get to it!

message 21: by Gale (new)

Gale (goodreadscomglredw) | 8 comments Me to waiting for library version

No hurry ladies - even if it is after Nov. come on back here and I will chat about it :)

Hey a 3.5 "Heidi Rating" is pretty good!

Sure is!

Ok i finished it. I thought it was a solid 3.5 star read. It was no Hex Hall but a nice light read with a good set up for book two. My only issues really were that I am not 100% invested in the two main characters. I really don't feel like I "know" them yet if that makes sense and I am still not sure about the romance. I also thought the ending was a little rushed. I hope to get deeper into the characters in the next book but I am definitely intrigued enough to give it a read.

message 26: by Jenny (new)

Jenny (juliababyjen) | 1572 comments I still need to get a copy of this one. I really want to buy it!

I bought the audio as an "app" for my ipod. It was only $10 but the next week my library added it as an Overdrive audio book. Ugh! Either way it was the first time I have done the audiobook app thing and it worked really well.

message 28: by Becky (new)

Becky (bek11) | 451 comments I just picked up my inter-library loan. I have this and one other book to work on during the Thanksgiving break.

Yay Becky! I thought is was a fun light read. Hope you enjoy.

I'm really getting into it now. Just half way into it. My problem are the protagonists. I don't feel the connection yet. Especially with Harper. I just can't seem to like her.

I had the same problem. She is kind of a spoiled rich girl.

message 32: by Gale (new)

Gale (goodreadscomglredw) | 8 comments I got my library copies but it doesn't work on my kindle will have to buy it but won't be till next week

Awww that stinks. Wonder why it doesn't work - it is not a kindle book??

message 34: by Gale (new)

Gale (goodreadscomglredw) | 8 comments It's working on my kindle because I downloaded the audio book for the library cause I can"t affordable amazon I'm going to start readingit

Oh good!

message 36: by Gale (new)

Gale (goodreadscomglredw) | 8 comments Is there a deadline

Nope. Feel free to post updates anytime :)

I finished this book just at the end of November. Its good. I gave it a three. Good enough for me to finish it, but not so good that I couldn't put it down!

Same here Bluemoon. Average but not spectacular.

message 40: by Becky (new)

Becky (bek11) | 451 comments I'm about halfway and if I rated it right now, I'd give it 2 stars. I'm not sure how these 2 kids are the two smartest kids in their class. (view spoiler) Anyway, I'm holding out hope that it does end well.

Hahaha Becky! Good points!

BECKY: hahahaha...when I read that part and they felt so shocked, all I could think of is..."really? were you guys not listening to her just a few minutes ago?"

Agreed!