Crazy for Young Adult Books discussion

ARCHIVES: CHALLENGES > Pick Me A Winner: November 16 to December 15, 2014

Comments Showing 1-50 of 75 (75 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by Jacquelyn, thebrunettebooknerd (new)

Jacquelyn (jacquelynreads) | 19024 comments Duration: November 15 to December 15, 2014
Partners will be picked on: November 15

In this challenge you will only be reading books that you haven't spent a cent on. (example: free ebooks, books from library, books given to you as presents, etc.)

Guidelines for this challenge
1. Sign up ahead of time so we can create pairs
2. Create a "shelf" for your partner to choose from before the challenge begins
3. You choose 3 books from your partner's shelf for your partner to read. Let your partner know why you pick those books for him/her.
4. Your partner picks three books from your shelf for you to read. You don't have to read all 3, one should be enough for you to complete this challenge.
5. After you read your book come back and post to let your partner know when you are done and what you thought of the book (no pressure, it can be just one sentence)

If you have questions, please post them HERE

Please sign up below and post a link to your shelf for your partner to choose from!

message 2: by Jacquelyn, thebrunettebooknerd (last edited Nov 15, 2014 06:05AM) (new)

message 3: by Jacquelyn, thebrunettebooknerd (last edited Nov 15, 2014 06:20AM) (new)

Jacquelyn (jacquelynreads) | 19024 comments Partners:

1. Mandiann & Hannah
2. Trisha & Esther
3. Leah & Bea
4. Kathy & Tammie
5. Trinity & Jamie
6. Azhelle & Nicole
7. Vicki & Chelsea
8. Suzy & Ashley
9. Allison & Jasmine

message 4: by Rachel (new)

Rachel (dare2dream) | 88 comments Me! Me!

message 5: by Tammie (last edited Nov 01, 2014 06:03AM) (new)

message 6: by Jacquelyn, thebrunettebooknerd (new)

Jacquelyn (jacquelynreads) | 19024 comments Rachel wrote: "Me! Me!"

I need a link to your shelf. :)

message 7: by Trisha, lives on coffee (new)

message 8: by ★ℕłℂØℓҾ★ (Nix), snowflakes and eyelashes (new)

★ℕłℂØℓҾ★ (Nix) (ladyknightnix) | 5529 comments I'm in! → My Shelf

message 17: by Bea (new)

Bea  Alex | 90 comments I'm in

message 18: by Jacquelyn, thebrunettebooknerd (new)

Jacquelyn (jacquelynreads) | 19024 comments Bea wrote: "I'm in"

Link?

message 19: by Marissa (new)

Marissa (all-about-angels) | 26 comments I'm in !

message 22: by Jacquelyn, thebrunettebooknerd (new)

Jacquelyn (jacquelynreads) | 19024 comments Azhelle wrote: "I'm in !"

Link?

message 25: by Marissa (new)

Marissa (all-about-angels) | 26 comments Jacquelyn wrote: "Azhelle wrote: "I'm in !"

Link?"

here's the link c;
https://www.goodreads.com/review/list...

message 26: by Chelsea (last edited Nov 14, 2014 06:59PM) (new)

Chelsea (chelc13) | 997 comments I'm in! My to read shelf works for me.

message 27: by Allison (new)

Allison Urban I'm in! Just my to be read shelf is fine.

message 29: by Jacquelyn, thebrunettebooknerd (new)

Jacquelyn (jacquelynreads) | 19024 comments Thanks everyone for signing up!

Sign-Up is now closed and partners will be assigned in a few minutes.

message 30: by Jacquelyn, thebrunettebooknerd (new)

Jacquelyn (jacquelynreads) | 19024 comments Partners have been assigned in message 3!

Happy Reading!

message 31: by Suzy (new)

Suzy Kennedy | 419 comments My partner is Ashley. I give you
1) Fangirl Fangirl by Rainbow Rowell
Because I loved it and it was a nice, happy read.

2)A Game of thrones A Game of Thrones (A Song of Ice and Fire, #1) by George R.R. Martin
Because I am obsessed with the TV show and the book is even better. its a much more serious read

3) Hyperion Hyperion (Hyperion Cantos, #1) by Dan Simmons
Because the cover is pretty. this is a totally random choice.

hope you find a great book in there

message 32: by Mandiann (last edited Nov 15, 2014 07:02AM) (new)

Mandiann (goodreadscommandiann) | 7509 comments I am partnered with my friend Hannah!!

For Hannah I pick:

1. Days of Blood & Starlight (Daughter of Smoke & Bone, #2) by Laini Taylor because I loved book one and you liked book one. Plus it is the highest rated book on your list.

2. Stargazer (Evernight, #2) by Claudia Gray because it has been on your pick me a winner list the longest (since Dec 2013).

3. The Iron King (The Iron Fey, #1) by Julie Kagawa because I love this series.

message 33: by Trinity (last edited Nov 15, 2014 06:56AM) (new)

Trinity My partner is Jamie!

Fangirl by Rainbow Rowell because I have been interested in this one

Lola and the Boy Next Door (Anna and the French Kiss, #2) by Stephanie Perkins because I thought this was a great book

Split Second (Pivot Point, #2) by Kasie West because I love this series

I hoped I picked you a winner! Happy reading :)

message 34: by Bea (new)

Bea  Alex | 90 comments My partner is Leah!
My picks are:

The Espressologist by Kristina Springer because everyone loves coffee

Illusions of Fate by Kiersten White the cover is beautiful

The Princess by Lori Wick it's the second best score it the list

Have a great time reading!!! :)

message 35: by Vicki (last edited Nov 15, 2014 12:41PM) (new)

Vicki (goodreadscomboobooper49) | 32355 comments My partner is Chelsea and I am SO thrilled to pick these books:

1. Maybe Someday by Colleen Hoover because it's such a beautiful and unique love story

2. Faking Normal by Courtney C. Stevens because it is SO good and realistic. It's one book I think everyone should read.

3. Altered (Altered, #1) by Jennifer Rush because it's awesome! If you like it and can read book two in December, maybe we could buddy read book three that I am DYING to read when it comes out in January.

I hope you find at least one really, really good read among these three. Happy reading! :o)

message 36: by ☆☆Hannah☆☆, The Book Junkie (new)

☆☆Hannah☆☆ | 7258 comments My partner is Mandiann and I choose:

1.) Wildefire (Wildefire, #1) by Karsten Knight because I've also been wanting to read this.

2.) The Lost Hero (The Heroes of Olympus, #1) by Rick Riordan because this book is AMAZING!

3.) My Blood Approves (My Blood Approves, #1) by Amanda Hocking because it should be a quick read.

message 37: by Trisha, lives on coffee (new)

Trisha | 31440 comments Hello Esther!!

I'm your partner!
I went through your favorites shelf before I picked, hoping to find a winner :)

1. These Broken Stars (Starbound, #1) by Amie Kaufman
so I chose this one, not because I loved it, but because I think you will. Your previous sci-fi romance-ish books have very high ratings so I think you will love this one!

2. Wuthering Heights by Emily Brontë
I'm choosing this one because it's a classic and it's really great. I couldn't tell, based on your previous reads, if you would like it - but I hope you do if you pick it!

3. Code Name Verity (Code Name Verity, #1) by Elizabeth Wein
so, I'm picking this one because *I* loved it. I didn't see any historic type stories in your favorites so I'm not sure what you'll think of this one - but I loved the story and so I hope you will too!

I hope whichever one you pick is a winner!!

message 38: by Marissa (new)

Marissa (all-about-angels) | 26 comments ★Nicole★ wrote: "I'm in! → My Shelf"

Hiya,Nicole !

These are the books I choose from your shelf (:

1. Doon (Doon, #1) by Carey Corp because it sounds interesting and I love fantasy so yea xD

2. Shiver (The Wolves of Mercy Falls, #1) by Maggie Stiefvater because everyone loves it ! And I've been wanting to read this since ages ! <3

3. Leviathan (Leviathan, #1) by Scott Westerfeld BECAUSE SCOTT WESTERFELD IS AWESOME !

message 39: by Jasmine (new)

Jasmine Lake | 249 comments My partner is Allison and my picks for her (it was so hard to only pick 3) are:

1. Before I Fall by Lauren Oliver This book is so amazing. It's incredibly emotional and so well written it's almost like your involved in the entire plot of the book. (It might make you cry so beware).

2. Just Listen by Sarah Dessen Another great book by Sarah Dessen. It does not fall short of the pure greatness she has written. It is one of my favorites so I hope you enjoy it if you decide to read it.

3. Just One Day (Just One Day, #1) by Gayle Forman This book has a certain simplicity that makes it incredibly easy to feel what the character feels which is good and bad. But the reviews are very accurate meaning the book really is AMAZING!

message 40: by Jamie (new)

Jamie Latshaw Trinity! Thanks for the great picks! Mine for you are...

1. The Hallowed Ones (The Hallowed Ones, #1) by Laura Bickle because I picked it up at the library last week and will also be reading it!

2. Bitter End by Jennifer Brown because it's also on my TBR list and I loved her novel Hate List

3. The Boy in the Striped Pajamas by John Boyne because every one needs a good cry sometimes when they read.

message 41: by Leah (new)

Leah | 2667 comments My partner is Bea, and I choose:
Of Poseidon (The Syrena Legacy, #1) by Anna Banks because I want to read this book too.
City of Heavenly Fire (The Mortal Instruments, #6) by Cassandra Clare because this is the last book in the series.
If We Kiss (If We Kiss, #1) by Rachel Vail because I like the cover.

message 42: by Allison (new)

Allison Urban My partner was Jasmine. This was difficult because I'd only read one book off of your pick me a winner list:

1) Paper Towns I read this one. It was a really quick, fun read. And the movies coming out next year, so you've gotta read it!

The next two are just by cover and synopsis:

2) Ten Tiny Breaths

3) Truth or Dare

message 43: by Esther (new)

Esther Vangeest | 23 comments For Trisha, this was kind of hard because I haven't read a single book on your to read shelf, but I have heard of some of them:

1.In Between (Katie Parker Productions) because my friends have told me it is a great book

2.Flicker because it looks like you like this kind of book

3.Freedom Road because it looks interesting and the cover is cool
Trisha wrote: "Hello Esther!!

I'm your partner!

1. These Broken Stars (Starbound, #1) by Amie Kaufman
so I chose this one, not because I lov..

message 44: by Trisha, lives on coffee (new)

Trisha | 31440 comments Esther wrote: "For Trisha, this was kind of hard because I haven't read a single book on your to read shelf, but I have heard of some of them:..."

Thank you, Esther! I will keep you posted on the one I pick :)

message 45: by Trinity (last edited Nov 17, 2014 09:53AM) (new)

Trinity Jamie wrote: "Trinity! Thanks for the great picks! Mine for you are..."

Thank you, Jamie! I have put a hold on Bitter End :)

message 46: by Jamie (new)

Jamie Latshaw Trinity wrote: "Jamie wrote: "Trinity! Thanks for the great picks! Mine for you are..."

Thank you, Jamie! I have put a hold on Bitter End :)"

Sounds good! I'm going to start with Fan Girl :)

message 47: by ★ℕłℂØℓҾ★ (Nix), snowflakes and eyelashes (last edited Nov 17, 2014 11:53AM) (new)

★ℕłℂØℓҾ★ (Nix) (ladyknightnix) | 5529 comments Azhelle wrote: "★Nicole★ wrote: "I'm in! → My Shelf"

Hiya,Nicole !

These are the books I choose from your shelf (:

Thanks, Azhelle! I'm about to look through and pick for you, and I think I'll try to read all 3 of these, but if I cant, I choose:
Shiver (The Wolves of Mercy Falls, #1) by Maggie Stiefvater because I've been meaning to for forever and I've heard such good things bout this series and author! :)

message 48: by Bea (new)

Bea  Alex | 90 comments Leah wrote: "My partner is Bea, and I choose:
Of Poseidon (The Syrena Legacy, #1) by Anna Banks because I want to read this book too.
City of Heavenly Fire (The Mortal Instruments, #6) by Cassandra Clare because this is the last book in the series.
[bookc..."

Thank you Leah,

I'll start by reading "City of heavenly fire" because it's the last in the mortal instruments series and want to finish reading it once and for all... :)

message 49: by ★ℕłℂØℓҾ★ (Nix), snowflakes and eyelashes (new)

★ℕłℂØℓҾ★ (Nix) (ladyknightnix) | 5529 comments Azhelle, here are my picks for you:

1. The Ocean at the End of the Lane by Neil Gaiman - because Neil Gaiman is one of my favorite authors, and this book definitely deserves a read!

2. I Hunt Killers (Jasper Dent, #1) by Barry Lyga - because I've been meaning to read this one too, and I've heard great things about it.

3. Exquisite Captive (Dark Caravan Cycle #1) by Heather Demetrios - because I just recently heard about this and got my library to buy it, and I can't wait for it to come in so I can read it!

message 50: by Esther (new)

Esther Vangeest | 23 comments Trisha wrote: "Hello Esther!!

I'm your partner!

I am going to read Code Name Verity because I like historical fiction(just not much has made it onto my favourites/read shelves)

« previous 1