The Book Vipers discussion

note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
Group Read Archive > Group Read Non-Fiction Nominations - December 2014

Comments Showing 1-11 of 11 (11 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Jo (new)

Jo Weston (joster) | 1697 comments Mod
Please add your nominations here. Please remember books need to be available in all formats and at a reasonable price. This thread will close on Monday.

Boy Soldiers of the Great War goes through automatically, so does not need to be nominated again.

message 2: by Charlotte (new)

Charlotte (charley_100) | 322 comments Categorising this one is tricky, but I am going to nominate it here: Letters from Father Christmas by J.R.R. Tolkien. These are the letters and responses between Tolkein's children and "Santa", which would be a magical read for December. Non-fiction as the book is detailing the real letters Tolkein wrote to his children but perhaps blurring into fiction as only Santa can!

message 3: by Maureen (new)

Maureen Lo | 54 comments My nomination Jerusalem: The Biography

message 4: by Pink (new)

Pink Maureen wrote: "My nomination Jerusalem: The Biography"

I'll second this one. I've got it out from the library at the moment, but haven't tackled it yet.

message 5: by Gisela (new)

Gisela Hafezparast | 242 comments I would like to nominate two books by Diana Athill.
Somewhere Towards the End"Somewhere towards the end" which I have just finished and found fascinating and would like to read what others make of it.

Stet: An Editor's Life"Stet" which, are as she says her most interesting memories as a life of one of the UK's most important editors of the 20th Century.

message 6: by Cathy (new)

Cathy | 553 comments I'll second Letters from Father Christmas

message 7: by Paul (new)

Paul (halfmanhalfbook) | 5462 comments Mod
I will nominate The Wild Places by Robert Macfarlane

message 8: by Noorilhuda (new)

Noorilhuda | 25 comments My nom:

Non-fiction - Dangerous Personalities: An FBI Profiler shows you how to identify and protect yourself from harmful people
Dangerous Personalities An FBI Profiler Shows You How to Identify and Protect Yourself from Harmful People by Joe Navarro

message 9: by Pat (new)

Pat Morris-jones | 1372 comments I'll second the wild places

message 10: by Jo (new)

Jo Weston (joster) | 1697 comments Mod
I will nominate Touching Distance by James Cracknell.

message 11: by Paul (new)

Paul (halfmanhalfbook) | 5462 comments Mod
The poll is now open for the non fiction choice here:

https://www.goodreads.com/poll/show/1...

This thread will be closed

This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.