The Humour Club discussion

Group Reads > Monthly Dose-O-Discworld - A Hat Full of Sky

Comments Showing 1-9 of 9 (9 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Melki (new)

Melki | 3512 comments Mod
This month we pay another visit to Tiffany Aching, witch-in-training. It's going to take all Tiffany has (plus some assistance from the Wee Free Men AND Granny Weatherwax - yay!) to defeat a sinister and menacing monster.

Sounds like another fun mess cooked up by Pratchett.

message 2: by Rebecca (new)

Rebecca Douglass (rdouglass) | 2420 comments Mod
Oh, good!
(Took me a few days to remember we had a new month going on. And a few more to make time to check here. My life has been absorbed with elections, college applications (and attendant financial aid forms), and the launch of my new book. Joining Facebook last month was probably a huge mistake, too, as I have a whole cadre of backpacking friends with (apparently) too much time on their hands.

message 3: by Melki (new)

I'll try not to wait until the end of the month to start this one.

message 4: by Melki (new)

Dearest Rebecca,
Since this has become a buddy read rather than a group read, do you want to skip December's Discworld in favor of a Wodehouse read?

Sincerely,

Melks

message 5: by Rodney (new)

Rodney Carlson (rodneycarlson) | 617 comments I have never read this, or Pratchett for that matter. What is the best Discworld/Pratchett to start with?

message 6: by Joel (new)

Joel Bresler | 1545 comments Mod
Rodney wrote: "I have never read this, or Pratchett for that matter. What is the best Discworld/Pratchett to start with?"

The one you have!

message 7: by Rodney (last edited Nov 21, 2014 02:56PM) (new)

Rodney Carlson (rodneycarlson) | 617 comments Yea, no. I'm very Pratchettless!

message 8: by Rebecca (new)

Run, don't walk, to your nearest library and grab whatever they have. Seriously, though I have enjoyed working through the books in publication order (and The Color of Magic does give a good foundation for understanding the world), all are independent books. I'd be hard pressed to name a favorite, but--no, never mind. I started to type one title and 6 more tried to shove in. Just grab one.

message 9: by Rebecca (new)

Melki,
I'm not sure why I didn't see your comment any sooner, but I think we already settled that question. No Pratchett in December, but instead we'll join the Wodehouse crew. I'm in no hurry to run out of new Pratchett reads.