DumbleDORKS discussion

Marvel Universe > Captain America: Civil War (2016)

Comments Showing 1-38 of 38 (38 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by johanna, Marchioness Hobbit (new)

johanna (johannad_m) | 7675 comments

message 2: by [deleted user] (new)

AAAAAHHHHH!!!!!

message 3: by mels (new)

mels (padmeskywalkers) | 12768 comments AAAAAHHHHH!!!!!

Theodosia of the Fathomless Hall (taelianaofthewind) | 1584 comments ...AH.
And we're just going to watch The Winter Soldier now!!

message 5: by [deleted user] (new)

The Winter Soldier is awesome!! And this does not come out for another year and a half, so you have plenty of time to catch up. :)

message 6: by johanna, Marchioness Hobbit (new)

johanna (johannad_m) | 7675 comments The Winter Soldier was perfeeect. I'm beyond excited for this.

Theodosia of the Fathomless Hall (taelianaofthewind) | 1584 comments "I'm with you 'til the end of the line."
Perhaps the movie was just mostly action up to that point and that was surprising... But what the heck. It was MAGNIFICENT.
And I loved that movie. Not a philosophical peregrination into the mysteries of man's psyche (which could be a superhero movie but I think it ought to wait), but it was great.

message 8: by johanna, Marchioness Hobbit (new)

johanna (johannad_m) | 7675 comments Right?:D Argh. I'm so glad you enjoyed it, Em!

Theodosia of the Fathomless Hall (taelianaofthewind) | 1584 comments Aw, lovely. What about you? The Winter Soldier's identity was hard to keep secret, mm?

Also: Explosions. Cars exploding. Flying aircraft carriers. Many, many rifles. Good old American integrity in Cap, and the nefarious NSA-influenced evil characters. Jokingly... This movie. Was. So stereotypically... American.

message 10: by [deleted user] (new)

Theodosia of the Fathomless Hall wrote: "Aw, lovely. What about you? The Winter Soldier's identity was hard to keep secret, mm?

Also: Explosions. Cars exploding. Flying aircraft carriers. Many, many rifles. Good old American integrity in..."

I'm quite lucky that I was able to avoid all spoilers and had no idea who the Winter Soldier was before the movie :D

message 11: by johanna, Marchioness Hobbit (new)

johanna (johannad_m) | 7675 comments Theodosia of the Fathomless Hall wrote: "Aw, lovely. What about you? The Winter Soldier's identity was hard to keep secret, mm?

Also: Explosions. Cars exploding. Flying aircraft carriers. Many, many rifles. Good old American integrity in..."

I loved it. Knew who the Winter Soldier was before the film even came out, though, from comic geeks. :)

Theodosia of the Fathomless Hall (taelianaofthewind) | 1584 comments Lucky Rebecca! I bet I wouldn't have even recognized him in the first few moments that he was revealed... I didn't pay much attention to appearances when we watched The First Avenger. :D.

Favorite moment??? Absolutely for me, Cap's line to the Winter Soldier. Poignancy in a box.

message 13: by Jazzy (last edited Feb 14, 2015 09:36AM) (new)

Jazzy (stairstepjitters) | 155 comments As with 92% of the movies in this folder, I had no idea this was happening. (There is a newspaper from 2012 on my coffee table talking about The Avengers. I am out of the loop.)

message 14: by Doctor Who Fan (last edited Sep 24, 2015 05:02AM) (new)

Doctor Who Fan I♥♥DW | 389 comments description

message 15: by johanna, Marchioness Hobbit (last edited Sep 24, 2015 06:48PM) (new)

johanna (johannad_m) | 7675 comments Jazzy wrote: "As with 92% of the movies in this folder, I had no idea this was happening. (There is a newspaper from 2012 on my coffee table talking about The Avengers. I am out of the loop.)"

@Jazzy:

These are all the upcoming ones.

message 16: by Doctor Who Fan (new)

Doctor Who Fan I♥♥DW | 389 comments Have you guys seen the new trailer with spiderman!?!?!?!?!? I'm so excited!

message 17: by Rachel (new)

Rachel (rjscottie) @Doctor Who Fan I have! I'm so excited for CW its going to be AMAMZING. I'm sad that Andrew isn't spidey anymore. He was my favorite so far.

message 18: by Doctor Who Fan (new)

Doctor Who Fan I♥♥DW | 389 comments Yeah. Hopefully, this new guy will portray spidey well.

message 19: by Rachel (new)

Rachel (rjscottie) Doctor Who Fan wrote: "Yeah. Hopefully, this new guy will portray spidey well."

What team are you? I'm team cap

message 20: by Cadence (new)

Cadence (thefantasy1) I'm on team cap too

message 21: by Rena (new)

Rena | 9 comments Also Team Cap. (But I still like Tony, so...) And anyone esle sure that this movie is going to hurt?

message 22: by Sidney (new)

Sidney | 2936 comments Rena wrote: "Also Team Cap. (But I still like Tony, so...) And anyone esle sure that this movie is going to hurt?"

Definitely.

message 23: by Becky (new)

Becky Hines | 12 comments Who saw the movie?!? Why isn't there a huge discussion of it yet? PLUS which side are you on?

I'm personally on Team Ironman even though I like Cap much better. I agree with the accords and if I was a superhero, I would sign them. I don't think that people with such great power should be able to run free. I understand how Steve feels, like he wants to help people as much as he can. But at a certain point, helping one person can lead to hurting 2. When they get that bio weapon in the beginning of Civil War, Wanda ends up blowing up part of the hospital and hurts/kills a load of people! Plus a lot of countries are willing to sign the accords, allowing the Avengers to operate in that country. There is nothing wrong with trying to keep the powerful people in check. And Also that raises another question, what counts as helping? What if people don't want help, should you help them anyway?

I really liked the movie, I was one of the best marvel movies yet. and I don't even like marvel that much (sue me, I know), but Civil War was really good and I liked how they show that, something so little can escalate into something so huge. The conflict felt pretty real, a lot realer then B Vs S at least. Who else was liked Spiderman? Tom Holland did fantastic and I'm looking forward to more of him. Plus, Sebastian Stan AM I RIGHT?

Rebecca (pagescollective) | 2113 comments I don't care if the keeping people in powerful people in check is a good thing - they were given three days to decided if they would sign a huge document full of fine print. Who knows what is in that thing?! No way would I put my name on it when I do not fully understand what I am signing!

I see both sides of this one. But the way it is set up in the movie, I'd have to go with TeamCap.

message 25: by Becky (new)

Becky Hines | 12 comments Rivka Ray wrote: "I don't care if the keeping people in powerful people in check is a good thing - they were given three days to decided if they would sign a huge document full of fine print. Who knows what is in th..."

I wouldn't sign it until I fully understood everything that was in it of course! But Ironman said that the document could be amended, that way if they didn't agree with something, they could change it. After what happened though they wanted some assurance that the Avenger's wouldn't be allowed to just waltz anywhere they please and destroy stuff. They wanted something to be done and quickly so that there wouldn't be panic. The people needed to know that they were safe from superhumans and their whims.

Rebecca (pagescollective) | 2113 comments This explains my thoughts on Cap's stance on the accords perfectly:

http://elvendragonlord.tumblr.com/pos...

message 27: by Sidney (last edited May 20, 2016 09:02AM) (new)

Sidney | 2936 comments I do think the heroes should have some kind of council or someone to set rules/boundaries, but I don't think the government is the best choice. Maybe a council of heroes or people in charge of emergency response, but not a bunch of politicians. It's something that doesn't seem to have a perfect solution though.

Both sides make a lot of sense, but I'm on TeamCap.

message 28: by Becky (new)

Becky Hines | 12 comments Rivka Ray wrote: "This explains my thoughts on Cap's stance on the accords perfectly:

http://elvendragonlord.tumblr.com/pos..."

That's a really good view! I don't agree with it, but I see the point. It all comes down to point of view. Captain America wanted to be able to think about it, but the situation called for action NOW. Which he wasn't okay with because long, confusing documents take awhile to understand and process. I would hire a lawyer to read it and explain it to me, that way before I signed I would know which things I disagreed with and could get changed later.

message 29: by Sidney (last edited May 20, 2016 09:06AM) (new)

Sidney | 2936 comments Rivka Ray wrote: "This explains my thoughts on Cap's stance on the accords perfectly:

http://elvendragonlord.tumblr.com/pos..."

I agree with that 100%.

Rebecca (pagescollective) | 2113 comments Sidney wrote: "I do think the heroes should have some kind of council or someone to set rules/boundaries, but I don't think the government is the best choice. Maybe a council of heroes or people in charge of emer..."

Yes! Politicians should not be the ones in charge. They could basically turn the avengers into an extension of the military.

message 31: by Becky (last edited May 20, 2016 09:40AM) (new)

Becky Hines | 12 comments But who should decide who these leaders are? Because if the super heros are in charge they will appoint someone with their agenda, which might not be best, since they believe they should have unlimited power. If politicians choose the leaders then they will probably appoint corrupt people. So who should choose these leaders?

Also, it's not just one government that will decide what the Avengers can do, the accords are HUNDREDS of governments deciding what they can do. The Avenger's won't belong to America they will belong to the world, which I think is the best way. That way people from all over can be represented, not just Americans. Before the accords, the Avengers were an American organization. And it was America who held the reigns to the most powerful people in the world. But now it is the UN, every country in the UN gets to befit from the Avengers and their power. It's no longer American's butting in and trying to solve your problems.

message 32: by Eve (new)

Eve (arweneve) | 2344 comments Was I the only one who brought their own tissue box to the cinema?

Rebecca (pagescollective) | 2113 comments You are not. My sister brought one and was willing to share with me. I was expecting to cry more than I did. I think it was more intense with less low points for crying.

message 34: by Eve (new)

Eve (arweneve) | 2344 comments Agreed.
Quite emotional, I think I managed to cry only twice :)

But there was more action than in previous Cap movies.

Rebecca (pagescollective) | 2113 comments I guess more action is to be expected when there are that many superheroes in one film!

message 36: by johanna, Marchioness Hobbit (new)

johanna (johannad_m) | 7675 comments Wow, there was some serious debate going on up there. Nice. Thanks for keeping it civil (ha, get it), ya'll.

message 37: by [deleted user] (new)

I just watched it and it's awesome!!! It was so intense. I have only one question, what happens to his shield? At the end when Tony is telling him he's not worthy to have the shield he drops it and leaves, so what happend to it?

Rebecca (pagescollective) | 2113 comments The real question is, when will Bucky get his backpack back?