Goodreads Librarians Group discussion

Compile: Quest (The Corrupted SUN Script, #1)
This topic is about Compile
Book Cover Help > New Book Cover

Comments Showing 1-11 of 11 (11 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Ronel (new) - added it

Ronel van Tonder (ronelvantonder) | 9 comments Hi there,

Is it possible to change/update/add a book cover for this book? It hasn't been published yet (on pre-order until 13th December).

Let me know, and here is the external link:

http://ronelvantonder.co.za/wp-conten...

message 2: by Nanaa (last edited Nov 01, 2014 04:55AM) (new)

Nanaa (xxmzsmilesxx) | 1167 comments It seems like people received ARCs of this book or have the book according to the reviews I am seeing.
Also is your book being published through Smashwords? And what is the name of your series?

message 3: by Ronel (new) - added it

Ronel van Tonder (ronelvantonder) | 9 comments Hi there,
Yes, I have given beta-versions of the books to people to read and spell-check.
Book is also on Smashwords.
Series is: "The Corrupted SUN Script".
I have already updated the cover with Amazon and Smashwords (should reflect in the next 24 hours), but was just wondering if that change would pull through on Goodreads?

Matt (mias_beck) I changed the book's title to only "Compile:Quest" and created the series "The Corrupted SUN Script".
I'm a rather inexperienced librarian, so I don't dare to change the cover. I don't think Amazon's cover will automatically pull though, although GR belongs to them.

message 5: by Nanaa (new)

Nanaa (xxmzsmilesxx) | 1167 comments Sorry, I too am unsure if this is considered a published book. I hope a more experienced librarian can resolve this! :)

Debbie ♪ ♫ ‼ ♫ ♪ | 167 comments Did the versions you gave out to beta readers have the cover shown here?

message 7: by Empress (last edited Nov 02, 2014 01:11AM) (new)

Empress (the_empress) The cover should not be changed. As this was offered as ARC it should be kept in the database as it is. If the book is going to be published with different cover a new edition should be created.
This is the one instance where moving ISBN is allowed.

I will try to find the topic where we discussed this issue.

rivka wrote: "ARCs distributed to readers count as published for Goodreads purposes."

rivka wrote: It's first added to Goodreads that keeps the ISBN (except for ARCs)."

message 8: by Ronel (new) - added it

Ronel van Tonder (ronelvantonder) | 9 comments Thank you for everyone's feedback. Would it be possible to bring the reviews I have accumulated through to the new edition? The cover shows as changed on Smashwords already, and Amazon will reflect it in the next 24 hours.

I just don't want there to be any confusion between the version for sale and that appearing on Goodreads.
I'm also concerned about losing my reviews.

Looking forward to hearing from you.

message 9: by Z-squared (last edited Nov 02, 2014 11:40AM) (new)

Z-squared | 8580 comments Ronel wrote: "Thank you for everyone's feedback. Would it be possible to bring the reviews I have accumulated through to the new edition? The cover shows as changed on Smashwords already, and Amazon will reflect..."

Don't worry, by combining all the versions together, all the reviews and ratings will be pooled together as well.

I see that the new cover is up on Smashwords. I created a new edition for the ebook here:

https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/2...

I also moved the ISBN from the ARC edition to this one, as is Goodreads policy. I also changed the pub date on the ARC edition to be Dec. 13 2014, also consistent with policy.

I assume the kindle edition will have the same cover as the new ebook edition on Smashwords? Nevermind, I just read your last post more carefully. I created a kindle edition with the new cover here as well:

https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/2...

As author, you have the ability to set the new cover as the default edition. Instructions for how to do so are here:

https://www.goodreads.com/help/show/3...

message 10: by Ronel (new) - added it

Ronel van Tonder (ronelvantonder) | 9 comments Thank you so much!

message 11: by Ronel (new) - added it

Ronel van Tonder (ronelvantonder) | 9 comments Thank you, I think I set the default correctly! Thanks again for the support, guys :)