Eleanor & Park Eleanor & Park discussion

So boring!

Comments Showing 1-37 of 37 (37 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Cyrille Bautista Well, ive heard a lot of good things about this book so I bought it. But when I read it.. MY MONEY IS WASTED!!!!!! THE BOOK IS SO BORING SRSLY

message 2: by Shreya (new)

Shreya Personally, I thought Fangirl was way better. The ending to Eleanor and Park...disappointing.

Carson Farrell Definitely boring. Wish it weren't so... Blah.

Ness Shreya wrote: "Personally, I thought Fangirl was way better. The ending to Eleanor and Park...disappointing."

I agree. I enjoyed Fangirl and I read that one. Eleanor and Park i listened too and I didn't know if was because of that and I didn't get the full experience (don't normally listen to books) or if it just wasn't that good. I think that it may be the second. It may not have helped that I had such high expectations and I feel that it was too hyped up.

message 5: by [deleted user] (new)

I actually really liked both Eleanor and Park, and Fangirl.

message 6: by Shreya (new)

Shreya Nessy wrote: "Shreya wrote: "Personally, I thought Fangirl was way better. The ending to Eleanor and Park...disappointing."

I agree. I enjoyed Fangirl and I read that one. Eleanor and Park i listened too and I ..."

Have you read the bonus chapter of Fangirl? I'm dying to read it.

message 7: by Shreya (new)

Shreya Anya wrote: "I actually really liked both Eleanor and Park, and Fangirl."

Even though I wasn't fond of Eleanor and Park, the book got picked up for a movie. I would watch.

Megan I liked E & P better than Fangirl (took me forever to get through that one), but I think both ended rather mediocre.

Megan But I think the same thing about John Green books too so.. *shrug*

Vr Gimena Thanks for the PDF version -- this book is boring, silly, to basic. And the end is the worst part.

Alexandra Anya wrote: "I actually really liked both Eleanor and Park, and Fangirl."

I liked Eleanor & Park too! From my point of view, the characters were relatable in a way. Maybe Eleanor was a little complicated and a little irritating at times, but that is what made the whole story interesting. Park is not that perfect either, and the whole romance they developed is one of my favorite romances I've ever read. I get it, sometimes there were parts that were dull and maybe unnecessary, but Rainbow Rowell was telling a period in the life of two kids, and not everyone's life is interesting all the time.
But if we compare it to Fangirl, yes, Fangirl was better. Way much better. The whole story, the character development and the ending. But we have to see that those are different stories with completely different characters, that just happen to be written by the same author.

LaxGirl28 Fangirl was WAY better. Eleanor and Park was kind of silly and the ending was eh. But I also think that the Fault in our Stars was not as good as Looking for Alaska, so...

Jackie I thought Eleanor & Park was a fresh breather from the cliché world of young adult romance. I loved it.

Audrey I can see why some people may see Eleanor and Park as boring, but I thought it was a nice change. I really loved this book!!!

Nerdish15 It wasn't very realistic, but it was a cute story!

Rakiye Actually, the people finding this book as boring could expect more before reading it. My point of view is clearly showing that this book can be really but really pretty or cute (like Madeline said) friend for u when you want to spend your time. It is not tiresome kind. So leave your prejudice and think again.

Atlanta I walked into Eleanor and Park, not knowing what to expect, so I was pleased. I am currently reading Fangirl, and I'm afraid my expectations are too high at this point.

Rheaetta You guys are INSANE. This is my all time favorite book in the whole effing WORLD. I have read it 3 times in 6 months. How was it even close to boring? The end=beautiful, the characters=awesome, the plot=SO intriguing, the book as a whole=the best thing that ever happened to me. Why was this discussion even started???

message 19: by Shreya (new)

Shreya Like every other book, Eleanor and Park is subjective.

message 20: by Rheaetta (last edited Dec 20, 2014 08:03AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Rheaetta Well then Rainbow Rowell has some seriously awesome and sentimental feelings/personal experiences/opinions

message 21: by Quinn (new) - added it

Quinn I guess it depends on the person who reads it. The plot can be boring for people who can't really relate to it and that goes for the characters as well. Rainbow Rowell is a really good writer and I think she did a spectacular job on this book.

message 22: by Izzy (new) - rated it 4 stars

Izzy I personally really liked Eleanor & Park. I haven't read her other books yet but they are on the list. I thought that the book had a realistic ending, in which it wasn't what the reader wants.

Jaclyn I loved this book and every other book of Rainbow Rowell's that I have read. I wanted more when I finished it.

message 24: by Dominika (new) - added it

Dominika i bought this because i wanted a nice summer romance booka nd i knew rainbow rowell was amaizng because i have read fangirl and more of her books but this book.... omg i hated it! the novel was well written but the plot was terrible. waste of money!

Karla Honestly, it was just an OKAY book. Nothing special, and an especially not special ending. (not just talking about the last few sentences)

message 26: by Susie (last edited Dec 24, 2014 10:34AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Susie I mean it wasn't amazing. But it definitly depends on what kind of books you usually like. This is kinda a depressing, mellow mooded book, and i'm usually used to reading action packed stories with love on the side... But nontheless I thought this book was great!

Brittany Alexandra wrote: "Anya wrote: "I actually really liked both Eleanor and Park, and Fangirl."

I liked Eleanor & Park too! From my point of view, the characters were relatable in a way. Maybe Eleanor was a little comp..."

What's funny is I picked up this book because a booktuber recommended it. When I started reading it I soon realized it takes place in my hometown and shortly after it takes place at my highschool I went to. I enjoyed the book, but maybe that's because I was so interested in the setting (you know you get excited when the book is so close to home like that) I felt that I wouldn't have enjoyed it as much as I had if it wasn't in my town. With that being said I wouldn't call it boring, I wasn't impressed with the ending if I do say so myself.

Lauren AKA randomreader I was very entertained while reading Eleanor and Park. It's way better than Fangirl in my opinion. I felt like the ending was beautiful and amazing but at the same time angered me. BRAVO RAINBOW ROWELL

message 29: by Lily (new) - rated it 4 stars

Lily I actually stopped reading this book half way through because it bored me to death. I eventually finished it and the ending was good but it felt rushed a little too much.

message 30: by Bren (last edited Dec 29, 2014 07:44PM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Bren Hernández Right? It was way too slow and boring, I think thy could have done more with the story, still some people loved it and that's why I started reading it.

Sharmila Ravishanker I think the story overall was good. My only issue was with the ending. It was quite underwhelming. Anyone remember Attachments? That is definitely my favorite Rainbow Rowell book. Beautiful ending compared to Eleanor & Park.

message 32: by Kimi (new) - rated it 5 stars

Kimi it may be boring but it is a proof that not all stories are caught up with roller coaster dramas. It actually gives me a dose of reality because, well, for their age it was just fitting that the pace is slow. The characters are interesting and it shows a lot of young love. So it was a really good read. The ending though is a bit disappointing and left me hanging. But all in all i love it and it made me read her other books. Attachments and Landline are my favorites.

Ashley I just got done reading Eleanor and Park and personally was moved. I loved that there were no stereotypes and the lengths to which this book moved to. Although, hoe ending was overly open for interpretation.

Fedora Rheaetta wrote: "You guys are INSANE. This is my all time favorite book in the whole effing WORLD. I have read it 3 times in 6 months. How was it even close to boring? The end=beautiful, the characters=awesome, the..."

Could not agree more!

Maria I actually liked the book. A lot. It was sweet and funny and reminded me of my first love, which I happen to be married to. So first loves sometimes do last! I want to believe that they got together and stayed together. Maybe Rainbow will make another book eventually?

Emily Malinari In my opinion, this is one of the best books I have read and I am so happy that I picked it up. The way that Rainbow Rowell writes pulls you in because of how much you can relate to the characters lives or just the fact that you might know many other people who can relate to certain events that take place in this book. I will definitely re-read this book.

Joshua I'll see for my self. Anyone who gives Anna and the French Kiss, five stars. I don't trust.