Ender's Game (Ender's Saga, #1) Ender's Game discussion

Future Technology

Comments Showing 1-9 of 9 (9 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Fairuza (last edited Oct 31, 2014 11:05PM) (new) - added it

Fairuza Razak After I read this chapter, I started to think what the future technology will be like...
The games in the Tablet was so real, I can imagine what the game would be like.
Oh, when it was war final, the simulation was awesome! It's kind of similar to Hunger Games, Divergent and the movie of Tom Cruise (I forgot the movie's title). But I'll give it a 5 stars rating, same as the other movies that I've written above. It's just amazing...
I really wish in the future there will be such simulations and transparent tablets like in the story. It would be amazing to study with it. Hahaha...
I can't believe Orson Scott Card have written such an epic Sci-fiction story (and movie)! I really want to learn how to write a Sci-fiction story.

Book lovers, you have to read this book and watch the movie. No doubt you're going to waste your money just to read this book.

message 2: by [deleted user] (new)

I loved this book. It was the first sci-fi novel that I actually liked. I liked how he described the technology, and how he described life at Battle School in general. He had enough details so that I could have a very clear image in my head, but not so much description that it made the book boring.

message 3: by [deleted user] (new)

Anya wrote: "I loved this book. It was the first sci-fi novel that I actually liked."

Same here Anya. Ender's Game was the book that made me start liking Sci-Fi!

Fairuza wrote: "I really wish in the future there will be such simulations and transparent tablets like in the story. It would be amazing to study with it."

That would be really cool! It would also be interesting if teachers or someone used the same phycology understanding tech that they had in the video game the battle school kids played. Not sure if it would be good interesting or bad interesting though...

Noah I loved this book and all the others in the series, especially the companions. Its plot is so logical; I can actually imagine most of it happening. And it's so cool how he even got a lot of the science right too.

Dramapuppy The technology is definitely interesting. But when Card wrote this, we didn't even have some of the stuff we take for granted now. Those desks were a lot more far off back then. We're certainly on our way to developing all of Card's ideas. :)

message 6: by Fairuza (new) - added it

Fairuza Razak Noah wrote: "I loved this book and all the others in the series, especially the companions. Its plot is so logical; I can actually imagine most of it happening. And it's so cool how he even got a lot of the sc..."

I agree with you too! :) Very imaginative for him to write...

message 7: by Fairuza (new) - added it

Fairuza Razak Fairuza wrote: "After I read this chapter, I started to think what the future technology will be like...
The games in the Tablet was so real, I can imagine what the game would be like.
Oh, when it was war final,..."

Thanks for commenting everyone! I really appreciate it... :D

Adam Meek On a recent re-read, I found myself chuckling at the subplot where Petra and Peter take over the world via posts on internet message boards...

message 9: by Fairuza (new) - added it

Fairuza Razak thecryptile wrote: "On a recent re-read, I found myself chuckling at the subplot where Petra and Peter take over the world via posts on internet message boards..."

Hahaha... Yeah, me too. :P