What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

UNSOLVED: One specific book > Teen horror - girl moves to new city, meets nice boy. She starts seeing things in her house - smeared writing, ghost girl. Windows can be opened from outside. Nice boy may have harmed ghost girl.

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Brittany (last edited Nov 06, 2014 07:10AM) (new)

Brittany | 2 comments I read this book back in middle school, about 2004 or so, and can't for the life of me figure out what the title of the book was called. I know it was a teen horror book and I want to say that the work Dark or Darkness was in the title, but I'm not 100% sure on that. The book was black with some blue image on the cover, the copy I read was paperback, so I don't know what the hardback copy looks like. I believe it was written by a woman as well, but I could be completely wrong about that.

A girl moves to a new city into a two story house. She meets a nice boy (I believe he had dirty blonde hair and that his name was Connor) who shows her around and hangs out with her often. After a little while, she starts seeing things in her house. Like one day she was walking in the hall near the stairs and smeared on the wall was writing (i don't remember if it said Get out, or what it said) and then she started seeing a ghost girl about her age. Later finds out that the windows have all been rigged so that someone can open them from the outside. Also finding out that the boy that she has been hanging out with 'might be the killer' of the girl she keeps seeing in the house. I believe she befriends this ghost and finds out that the ghost was dating the boy she just met and has been hanging out with. (I believe the ghost tells her that he is not safe to be around. I can't remember exactly)

The only other part I remember is when she with some friends went swimming and he showed up and it seemed like he tried to drown her. She fought to get away from him, but later ended up with him sticking her in his truck. (that's about all I remember)

message 2: by Cynthia (new)

Cynthia | 186 comments What year did you read it? It gives us an idea of when it was published.

message 3: by Brittany (new)

Brittany | 2 comments It was about 2004, I believed it was published in the 90s

message 4: by Arielle (new)

Arielle Masters | 252 comments bumping

message 5: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Lobstergirl | 37753 comments Mod
Brittany, are you still looking for this or did you find it?