What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

Chunkybuttfunky (Paranormal Mates Society #4)
This topic is about Chunkybuttfunky
SOLVED: Adult Fiction > SOLVED. Paranormal Romance shifter story [s]

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Stephanie (new)

Stephanie | 3 comments I think this story was in an anthology and possibly set during Christmas or some other holiday. I remember that the heroine was african-american, adopted, and didn't feel close to her family. She either works at a radio station or calls into one. The hero was a werewolf or some other type of shifer. The only other thing I can remember about this story, is the hero being chased by someone.

message 2: by Wendy (new)

Wendy There's a bunch of books about a werewolf radio DJ named Kitty by Carrie Vaughn and she had a short story in the anthology Wolfsbane and Mistletoe Wolfsbane and Mistletoe by Charlaine Harris
I don't remember the protagonist being African American, but I read it a while ago.

message 3: by Stephanie (new)

Stephanie | 3 comments It wasn't the Kitty Norville series.

message 4: by Tracy (new)

Tracy | 86 comments Chunkybuttfunky by Dakota Cassidy has some of those plot elements. Cadence is CC a dj with dark skin and goes to the Paranormal Mates Society online dating site and sets her sights on Collin a wolf shifter who is fair skinned and wants a shifter only date. Various misrepresentations are happening in the storyline, the most obvious is that Cadence is a vampire. I had the impression that even though Cadence was adopted into a fair skinned vampire family, she avoids them to hide her species from Collin rather than from not getting on with them.

message 5: by Stephanie (new)

Stephanie | 3 comments That's the book! I would have never guessed that was the title. Thank you so much, Tracy!

message 6: by Tracy (new)

Tracy | 86 comments You're welcome :)