1001 Children's Books You Must Read Before You Grow Up discussion

Witch Child (Witch Child, #1)
This topic is about Witch Child
Monthly Book Club > November 2014: Witch Child

Comments Showing 1-2 of 2 (2 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

RachelvlehcaR (charminggirl) | 36 comments Hello readers!

I'm RachelvlehcaR (Rachel) and will be your discussion leader for the November 2014 chapter book, Witch Child by Celia Rees. I have set up the following reading schedule:
❉ Read at your own pace all of November. :)

Here’s from the blurb from the book jacket:
Enter the world of young Mary Newbury, a world where simply being different can cost a person her life. Hidden until now in the pages of her diary, Mary's startling story begins in 1659, the year her beloved grandmother is hanged in the public square as a witch. Mary narrowly escapes a similar fate, only to face intolerance and new danger among the Puritans in the New World. How long can she hide her true identity? Will she ever find a place where her healing powers will not be feared?

Just two weeks after publication, Celia Rees's WITCH CHILD spirited its way onto the Book Sense Children's Only 76 list as one of the Top 10 books that independent booksellers like to handsell. Within a month, this riveting book sold out its first two hardcover printings. Now, Candlewick Press is pleased to announce the publication of WITCH CHILD in paperback.

Here is a Book Trailer about the book, enjoy! Book Trailer of Witch Child.

Please feel free to read and discuss the book now or read and discuss the book on the 30th of November. It's up to you. :)

Happy Reading everyone! Looking forward to our discussion.

RachelvlehcaR (charminggirl) | 36 comments I just finished the story and found it interesting. It reminded me much of Miller's book ‘The Crucible’ with the witch trials. It's fascinating reading her trek from England to America and the new discoveries.

1001 Children's Books You Must Read Before You...

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

The Crucible (other topics)
Witch Child (other topics)

Authors mentioned in this topic

Celia Rees (other topics)