Shoujo Manga Book Club discussion

Mermaid Melody: Pichi Pichi Pitch, Vol. 1 (Mermaid Melody: Pichi Pichi Pitch, #1)
This topic is about Mermaid Melody
Monthly Reads > Mermaid Melody Discussion

Comments Showing 1-14 of 14 (14 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Selena (sailorstar165) | 2022 comments Mod
WET AND WONDERFUL!

Lucia is the new girl at school. She and her sister run a public bath that’s all the rage. When Lucia meets a terrific-looking surfer boy, there’s just one little problem: Lucia is a mermaid–not just any mermaid, but a princess on an important mission to save the seven seas from an evil force bent on taking control of the marine world. Such a responsibility doesn’t leave much time for romance. But Lucia vows to protect her world and win the heart of handsome Kaito.

Discuss Mermaid Melody here!

Nina (NinaC1) | 18 comments OH! I've seen this! Well, i have actually seen the anime of mermaid melody. It's a good a anime/manga but i think of Lucia, too lovey-dovey over kaito! I like her strength and cuteness, but she needs to be less lovey-dovey. Don't worry, Selena! If you like this anime/manga, then carry on reading! Read what you like! Enjoy reading, then!

Nina wrote: "OH! I've seen this! Well, i have actually seen the anime of mermaid melody. It's a good a anime/manga but i think of Lucia, too lovey-dovey over kaito! I like her strength and cuteness, but she nee..."

Actually, I haven't read any of this series. I'd only ever heard of it. My library doesn't have it, so... ^^;;;

message 4: by Nina (last edited Nov 03, 2014 06:53PM) (new) - rated it 2 stars

Nina (NinaC1) | 18 comments Selena wrote: "Nina wrote: "OH! I've seen this! Well, i have actually seen the anime of mermaid melody. It's a good a anime/manga but i think of Lucia, too lovey-dovey over kaito! I like her strength and cuteness..."
If your library doesn't have it, then read this online on website called,'mangapark' or watch the video on Youtube!:)

message 5: by Selena (last edited Nov 03, 2014 07:07PM) (new) - rated it 2 stars

Nina wrote: "If your library doesn't have it, then read this online on website called,'mangapark' or watch the video on Youtube!:) "
Urk... I really don't like reading manga illegally online... I don't like reading much of anything on my computer, actually.

EDIT: I think I may have found a copy at a different library. It's only listed as "Mermaid Melody" and doesn't give a volume number, so we'll see if it's the first. If not, I'm out of luck.

Allison | 31 comments If any of you guys are looking for a copy of this, I found one used for a penny on Amazon- it seems to be dirt cheap to get second-hand copies of this, and in fairly good condition, too.

message 7: by Janna (new)

Janna Marie (jannamarie) | 1 comments Oooooh.. This sounds interesting. I need to make a trip to the library! :)

Nina (NinaC1) | 18 comments So...who here is a fan of mermaid melody?... Well, I use to be. I stopped watching the anime in the middle, but when we talk about this , i want to continue it!!!

Mehsi | 37 comments I am so happy to see my pick was chosen!

I already had most of the series at home, but had to buy book 1 and 3, and they should be delivered some time this week. :) Then I finally have it complete and I can start reading it.

Allison | 31 comments I just finished this manga, and in the interest of being a friendly fangirl, I will just say that it was not my style. The character design was adorable, and I always like a nice Christmas chapter in my manga, but something about this felt odd and disjointed. Does it get better after volume one? I did think that as this volume went on, it improved, but I'm not sure I'll keep going. I can see where people like it, though- it's cheerful and charming, with art that's very appealing.

message 11: by Mehsi (last edited Nov 25, 2014 03:47AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Mehsi | 37 comments Well my manga (1 and 3) still haven't come in, they are now a week to late. Delivery date was between 8 and 18 november. :( Guess I will see if amazon.de can do something about it (I bought it from there on the marketplace there).

And here I was looking forward to reading this manga this month.

Mehsi | 37 comments Oh rejoice! They just got delivered, 7 days too late, so I am not going to use these guys again next time I use the marketplace on Amazon.de.

Soooo, I will be starting reading the manga soon. Hopefully getting it done before the end of the month. :)

Mehsi | 37 comments Finished with Mermaid Pichi Pichi Pitch yesterday! Right in time. I loved the first 4 volumes, but sadly the last 2 1/4 are a big disappointment. Kind of wish I hadn't read those. Oh well.

I'm reading volume 1 and so far I'm not really impressed. ^^;;; I've seen and read a lot of magical girl in my day, and well... Though, part of it could be that this is a magical music manga and I haven't really found many manga that do music well (or dancing for that matter). Just doesn't translate well.