All things GOLF discussion

New to golf and would like some recommendations

Comments Showing 1-3 of 3 (3 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Joseph (new)

Joseph Naus | 9 comments hello shauna. welcome to the wonderful world of golf. i'd start with the classic indisputable heavyweight champ of golf swing instruction books, Ben Hogan's Five Lessons: The Modern Fundamentals of Golf. it's beautifully written, with amazing illustrations, and it will really give you a base.

there are so many things that are so important to ingrain when you are first starting. it's as important to create as few bad habits as possible as it is creating good ones.

good luck!

message 2: by Spencer (new)

Spencer Stephens | 5 comments Shauna: In case you're interested in golf as a subject (as opposed to golf as a sport), let me suggest the novel I recently published, "Church of Golf."

See link to book on amazon:
http://www.amazon.com/Church-Golf-Nov...

All smiles,
- Spencer Stephens

message 3: by Dan (new)

Dan Miller | 1 comments Hi Shauna,

I'm new to Goodreads and, specifically, this group. But certainly not new to golf, having first picked up a club when I was 7. The Hogan book is definitely a classic and, arguably, still the best at explaining the golf swing in intellectual terms. But I'd also recommend a more intuitive alternative: Extraordinary Golf. Fred is the most enlightened golf "coach" (he doesn't like the term teacher) out there.

Fore!