Graphic Novel Reading Group discussion

Southern Bastards, Vol. 1: Here Was a Man
This topic is about Southern Bastards, Vol. 1
Group Monthly Discussions > Optional Book Club Discussion: Southern Bastards, Vol. 1: Here Was a Man by Jason Aaron - November 2014

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

William Bylaska Just finished up all in one sitting. Pushed a lot of the same buttons for me as No Country for Old Men.

Ending was very good and I'm at least going to have to take a peak at volume 2.

Art was reminiscent of Ryan Ottley's work on Invincible. My goodness, all those teeth!

Was totally unsure what to expect, but found a lot of things to enjoy. Four out of five deep fried apples.

Lono | 44 comments Aaron's creator owned stuff is the tits. This, like Scalped, is just so damn good. Love his modern noir style. Here's to hoping that this series continues to evolve into the epic length masterpiece that Scalped is.

Corto Maltese | 78 comments This is why I am in this group. A new creator-owned Aaron-book, and I nearly missed it - omg. It should arrive in the mail next week. I'll let you know what I think then. (btw "Scalped" is one of my favourite series)

Lono | 44 comments Corto wrote: "This is why I am in this group. A new creator-owned Aaron-book, and I nearly missed it - omg. It should arrive in the mail next week. I'll let you know what I think then. (btw "Scalped" is one of m..."

Scalped is legendary. Make sure to check out Men of Wrath too Corto. It's off to a great start.

Davidg | 34 comments I thought this was a very well written and drawn book and the ending took me by surprise. Without adding spoilers I don't have much more to say about it. It's very much an introduction to a much wider arc which I look forward to following.