1001 Children's Books You Must Read Before You Grow Up discussion

Oh, the Places You'll Go!
This topic is about Oh, the Places You'll Go!
Monthly Book Club > November 2014: Oh, The Places You'll Go!

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Tiffany, Former moderator, current lurker (new)

Tiffany | 213 comments Mod
Hello everyone! Do you feel like reading some Dr. Seuss in the month of November? If so, please join the group read for Oh, The Places You'll Go! (As always, you don't have to read this exact copy.) .

We currently don't have a leader for this discussion, but since it's a picture book, go ahead and post whatever you feel like discussing, whenever you feel like discussing it.

Thanks. Enjoy!

Helen I think there must be an unwritten law regarding this book: it is impossible to sail through life without it becoming a part of your collection, either as a baby shower gift or as a graduation gift! Superlatives abound. Love love love it.

message 3: by Tiffany, Former moderator, current lurker (new)

It's funny you mention that, Helen, because I have the same thought about it. I watched a show years ago, and one of the characters graduated from high school, and his mother gave him Oh, The Places You'll Go!, and that was the first time I'd seen or heard of the book in that context. Since then, I've seen it used as a big-moments-in-life gift quite a few times, even though that show was the first time I'd ever seen it.

But I've never read it! I've never read it, been given it, or given it. Am I broken? :)

message 4: by RachelvlehcaR (new)

RachelvlehcaR (charminggirl) | 36 comments It was the theme for when I graduated high school, back in 96.

Helen Ha ha ha Tiffany! I don't think you're broken... but you've completely destroyed my theory! :)

message 6: by Tiffany, Former moderator, current lurker (new)

Helen wrote: "Ha ha ha Tiffany! I don't think you're broken... but you've completely destroyed my theory! :)"

:) Sorry!

message 7: by Stephanie, Active moderator (new) - rated it 5 stars

Stephanie (teff1979) | 173 comments Mod
I love this book, I have two copies of it floating around at my house. One was given to me when I graduated high school the other after my first student teaching experience. I so agree with you Helen. Tiffany I hope you enjoy reading this book

Teresa | 24 comments I love this book. I too have a copy for my 7 year old that was first signed by his kindergarten teacher. I hope that he'll be happy to get it when he graduates from high school.

1001 Children's Books You Must Read Before You...

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

Oh, the Places You'll Go! (other topics)