What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

SOLVED: Adult Fiction > Book about a Character (An elf?) named Honor /s

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Kyle (new)

Kyle Sims | 4 comments So, all I have are some details.. And I think they're kind of vague.

I'm pretty sure the book was a Forgotten Realms book, but I could be wrong.

There was a character named Honor in it. She was an elf, I think. She had been captured by a Mage of sorts, and had parts of her skeleton replaced with.. Metal parts? MAchinery, maybe. The mage was using her bones as a
means of controlling her.

There was a Dwarf type character, who was an earth elementalist. I think they called them Earthshapers.

The, possibly, main character was a thief. I think he was described as having fiery red hair. I think he might have been half elf? I remember in the book, there was some ties to him and the elves through some way or other. His mother, I think.

The setting of the first book (I don't remember if there were more) was on one of like.. five islands. Each island had its own king of sorts.

Somehow, Honor and fire-hair-guy knew eachother too.

I remember a scene, of the fire-haired guy climbing a wall to one of the forts on the islands, trying to 'rescue' Honor cause he didn't know she was being controlled.. And the lord of that island was real big into making constructs. I think Honor kills that Lord. Maybe.

Please, any help is majorly appreciated.

message 2: by Kyle (new)

Kyle Sims | 4 comments Bump

message 3: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Lobstergirl | 38242 comments Mod
Kyle, normal bump period is 30 days.

message 4: by Elizabeth (new)

Elizabeth (fantasynerd365) | 98 comments Not everything fits but this series?Theft of Swords

message 5: by Kyle (new)

Kyle Sims | 4 comments Not Theft of Swords.. But that does look good.

As I think longer on it, I'm beginning to doubt myself on the 'Honor' characters name. She might not have been named that.

message 6: by Kyle (new)

Kyle Sims | 4 comments Found it through the very nice folks at /r/tipofmytounge. IT's 'Honor Among Theives', by Elaine Cunningham. I feel like a moron now, because I looked right past that in my digital library, thinking 'Surely that's not it.'

message 7: by Ann aka Iftcan (new)

Ann aka Iftcan (iftcan) | 6967 comments Mod
Honor Among Thieves or the click for the book. And congrats on finding it Kyle.