MH3 7th Grade Lit. Circles discussion

Goodreads Post #3

Comments Showing 1-50 of 57 (57 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by Spencer (last edited Nov 05, 2014 11:41AM) (new)

Spencer G. | 7 comments Mod
One event, two characters:

Describe a turning point moment in your book from two characters' perspectives. Each description should be written in the character's voice (1st person) and should contain details about the before, during, and after of the event. What led up to the event? What actually happened? How has it affected them?

For example, if your book contained a scene where a character was robbed by another character, your first description could be of character A's thoughts as they are walking down the street. Then you write their thoughts as the robbery is taking place, and finally, a description of how they're feeling after the robbery. Your second description would follow the same before, during, after structure, but from the robber's (character B's) point of view.

Example:

Book title: Lyddie
Author's name: Katherine Paterson

Perspective One, Lyddie's point of view:
I was about to go to the stove to serve the porridge for the young ones when, out of the corner of my eye, I saw a huge black bear creeping towards the door. I froze up and stared blankly at the beast, hoping that it would go no further. The rest of my family still hadn't seen it, and I was hoping the animal would spare them the fear....

(This is not the end, and you should write more than a few sentences, but you get the idea)

Perspective Two, Mother's perspective:
My daughter was the first one to see the devil animal. I knew right away that it was a sign from God. It had to be. Just last Sunday at services with my sister, her husband Judah was declaiming the evils of the modern world, and promised us that soon God would be sending us a sign. He even said that the sign would come from the 'natural world' because man's world was too corrupt to show us anything anymore...

(Again, your scene should be longer, but you get the idea.)

I want you all to have fun with this and get creative. I'm looking forward to seeing what you come up with!

Please email me if you have any questions.

Mr. Goot

message 2: by Binta (new)

Binta Jawara | 5 comments Title:I'm Not Who You Think I Am
Author:Peg Kehert
Characters:Ginger,Women(not named in the book so far),friends at school,PARENTS MOM AND DAD
MAIN IDEA
Ginger the main character is being followed by this UN-known lady so Ginger is very scared.Ginger is scared because the lady while she comforts Ginger she reveals a secret that could change Gingers life for ever.

This is how the characters react to the problem

MOM:She feels something is going on but leaves it alone and just thinks that she is going threw some hard times in school with grades and etc.
DAD:He feels that something is going on with her and her friends in school there are going threw problems understanding each other but he thinks that he has to let her go so she be able to learn how to solve her own problems.
Women:She is just making Ginger scared and is trying to figure out something about Ginger but almost at the end of a chapter she finds out a secret that she never expected to figure out.

Friends:They really don't figure anything out in till the middle of the book and they think something is wrong at her school and her birthday party when a constantly women continues to follow Ginger and she is always looking scared.So the friends ask her and she says nothing is wrong.

(I did not read this book yet i did a lot of research on it and gathered all the information and i did the good reads like this )

message 3: by Binta (new)

Binta Jawara | 5 comments Title:I'm Not Who You Think I Am
Author:Peg Kehert
Characters:Ginger,Women(not named in the book so far),friends at school,PARENTS MOM AND DAD,teacher.

Sence: Mysterious lady comes at Ginger school and Ginger is scared after she saw this lady in front of her house and had to hurry into her house. (i will talking about the part when the women comes to the school and when Ginger hides in the bathroom no where to be seen and what happens and the reactions of the characters listed above.

reaction of characters
Mom and Dad:She probably worried about something and wants some time to her self(the parents think that is fine and contacts the school to tell them)but at the same time they are worried on what is going on.
Teacher:All these days shes been acting worried in class and that something is on her mind us teachers were worried but did not think it was a big deal so we teachers left it alone.
Friends in class:They also notice that something was wrong with there dear friend Ginger but every time they asked her what was wrong she would say that she is find .
Women:This women knows nothing about Ginger but she observers that Ginger is hiding something. She is just making Ginger scared and is trying to figure out something about Ginger but at the end of a chapter 9 she finds out a secret that she never expected to figure out.

message 4: by Matthew (last edited Nov 02, 2014 10:22AM) (new)

Matthew | 3 comments title:Attack on titan

Author: Jajime Isyama
characters: Eren,Annie

Problem:Annie betrayed her regiment and knows the secret about Eren which is the abilaty to turn into a helpful titan and Annie has that power also but uses it for Bad

Eren: Annie knows about my secret and i know her secret to. She is now huntitng me down and i must stop her from killing innocent people.

Annie:I know Eren's secret and he knows mine.I must kill him so his regiment is weak and I can kill them all.

message 5: by Dylan (new)

Dylan Laughman | 7 comments Book: Percy Jackson and the battle of the labyrinth characters: anabeth ,Percy ,Grover, Hera, and Tyson.

A turning point in the story was when Hera went to go help the group and this is going to be how the scene played out.

"Hera: I know you seek Daedalus I would visit my son Hephaestus.
Anabeth: "But how do we get there? That's my wish I want a way to navigate the labyrinth".
Hera: "If that is your wish then so be it . You wish fi something, however you already have".
Anabeth: I don't understand
Hera: The means is already in your grasp". "Pearcy knows the answer
Percy:" I do
Anabeth:" But that's not fair your not telling us where it is.
That was th turning point because it showed a problem that made their journey even harder.

message 6: by Emily (new)

Emily Aguero | 3 comments Book : The Lions Of Little Rock

A turning scene in the story was when Liz and Marlee Catch her crush and his brother throwing eggs at a black women's house .

" Liz run JP can't see you " !!! Marlee said

" I was afraid they were going to see Liz with me .. If they see her am going to lose her forever !!

" Marlee I can't just leave them treat that colored women like that.. I know how it feels

"I'll Handle it just leave please "

"All I can think of was Liz getting caught and getting sent to another country .. I hope she gets home safe .

" I confronted them and said .. Stop damaging that women's house she's human just k
Like us !!!!!

The boys said " Well well who do we have here
The quiet girl ... I recommend you not to say a word to nobody and I won't say a word about you and Liz .

" I won't now leave that women alone "

" we will but one more thing Keep doing my brothers homework ! (*laughs)

" When they left I was so scared I really hope Liz got home safe .. As I walked home all I can think about what just happened ... I hope that women is alright .

)

message 7: by Alfred (new)

Alfred Donkoh (JCAK24) | 4 comments Title: The Lightning Thief
Author: Rick Riordan
Four characters: Zeus, Luke, Ares and Percy.
In a part of the book, it talks about how Luke stole Zeus' master lightning bolt. This happened when Luke was manipulated by the spirit of Kronos to steal Zeus' master lightning bolt.
Zeus’ thoughts:
I thought that it was my brother, Poseidon who stole my master lightning bolt because one time he tried to overthrow me. I decided to wage a war against Poseidon, then I realized that he did not steal my master lightning bolt.
Luke's thoughts:
I thought I would take the master lightning bolt to Kronos, and Ares came and threatened to kill me, however, the spirit of Kronos also manipulated him. Ares and I therefore decided to give the lightning bolt’s case to Percy knowing that the lightning bolt will always return to its case, and the gods will think he had stolen it.
Ares’ thoughts:
I thought because I tricked Percy I would also be able to get hold of Hades’ helmet, so I told Luke to steal it for me. Luke got hold of it and gave it to me. As I was waiting for Percy, Annabeth and Grover, unfortunately when they came, they saw Hades’ helmet on my motorcycle. So Percy challenged me to a fight, and he said, “Whoever wins takes the lightning bolt and the helmet”, and he won.

Percy’s thoughts:
I thought about how to give Hades’ helmet and Zeus’ master lightning bolt back. Soon a fury came, she took Hades’ helmet and gave it back to him in return he gave me back my mother. After that, I went to Olympus and gave Zeus his master lightning bolt and the plan for war was cancelled.

message 8: by Jiralmi (new)

Jiralmi Lugo | 3 comments Tittle:Bud not buddy
Author:Christopher Paul Curtis
characters:Bud and Luis

This book is about a kid who lost his mother when he was 6 years old.When he gets adopted ,he realizes the people he now lives with are bad and don't treat him good.When he escapes he travels a long way to meat the guy who he thinks is his father but really turns out to be his grand father.

One event that happens is when bud gets in to a fight with the kind that hes living with in the foster home.

Bud:In buds perspective Tod was the one that started the fight.I say this because in the book it was (night time) Tod starts the fright by sticking a pencil up buds nose while hes sleeping.This is first person because Bud was really there and knows exactly what happened.

MOM:In the mothers perspective Bud was the one who stared the fight because Tod tells her that Bud hit him first.This is second person because she wasn't there when they stared fighting so she believes it based on what she hears.

message 9: by Nasim (last edited Nov 05, 2014 03:30PM) (new)

Nasim Smallwood | 4 comments Title:TROUGH THE EVER NIGHT
Author:VERONICA ROSSI
Characters: Perry and aria
what is happening:Perry is looking for aria and they are both in the forest . Perry kept on holding on to his bow and arrow and Aria said she was on the other side of the forest but Perry would believe when he saw it.
character 1:( Perry )In Perrys perspective he was a
protector to Aria that is what I think about Perry
Character#2(ARIA)I think Aria was the person that helped Perry when he needed it .
These two characters got stranded in the forest I think that Perry was an archer . Perry and Aria were separated in the forest so they used there resources . Perry used a bow and arrow and Aria would call Perry when she was closer to him to see if they could come back to each other .

message 10: by Eduwin (last edited Nov 03, 2014 04:56PM) (new)

Eduwin Sepulveda | 3 comments Title: The Final Four
Author: Paul Volponi
Characters: Roko Bacic, Malcolm McBride

What is happening: Roko and Malcolm are on different teams Malcolm is trying to score a point with the seconds he has left and Roko is trying to block Malcolm. Both teams have been playing for a long time they are the best teams in their league and now they are facing off with both teams having the same amount of points and really good players.

Character 1 (Malcolm McBride) : I am trying trying to get that shot for our team to win but Roko is always blocking me so I have to think of a way to get past Roko.
Character 2 (Roko Bacic) : All I have to do is to keep blocking Malcolm until the timer stops then we will probably go into over time or we will have to do another match but all I know is that my team will win.

message 11: by Nathaniel (new)

Nathaniel Lopez | 4 comments Title: The lost hero
Author: Rick Riordan
character: jason.chiron

I say Jason would be shocked because he is the son of Zeus so that means that he is the sin of the all power full god, the god in charge of all other gods. It would also give him a chance to speak with a parent to find all of his memories and see what is happening for himself

Chiron would act wise abot this because their might be source of information or suspicion about the fact That Jason is the son of Zeus. He also would suspect that he would have something to do with the prophecy from bbok 5

message 12: by Jocelyn (new)

Jocelyn Reyes | 4 comments Title:The Breakup Bible
Author:Melissa Kantor
Character:Jennifer Lewis, Clara

In this book Jennifer Lewis is Dumped by her Boyfriend of five months and senior Max Brown she has to face the way of living with Heartbreak this her thoughts

Jennifer:I can't believe he broke up with me, after taking me out on a date telling me he loves me and then BAM a week later he breaks up with me saying he only wants to be friends are you serious, how am I suppose to cope with this Break up he was my first love.I guess this is how it is with the movies that the girls "die from heartbreak" but you know what if he doesn't even bother to call me begging for me back then screw him I'm gonna have to move on

Clara's Thoughts:I'M GOING TO KILL THAT BOY WHEN I MEAN KILL I MEAN IT HE BROKE MY BEST FRIENDS HEART. I'M GOING TO GO TO HIS HOUSE DRAG HIM AND THROWN HIM INTO A DITCH..I can't believe him.He dumped her and just left her walking home alone on the side of the road

message 13: by Aissatou (new)

Aissatou Barry | 3 comments Book: The Program
Author: Suzanne Young

Sloan's thoughts:
As they carried James off my heart was broken. I never thought it will get this bad. He promised, he promised me that we will never get affected that he will protect us. The closest person that I had, had just been carried away by those two handlers. A wave of loneliness, anger and depression rushed through my whole body.

James' thoughts:
I can't believe I let alone down. I promised her that I will protect her but know she has no one. I let her down my one and only true love. No I left her in the hands of possibly the "The Program". I hope she doesn't get affected so she won't be taken to have all memory of anything erased.

What's going on in the story:
there have been a recent epidemic of suicide going on. The only proven way to stop it is " The Program". Sloane is now dating her brothers best friend James but the thing is her brother Brady committed suicide two years ago for an on known reason. Now all of Sloane and James' friends have had their memory of erased by " The Program" or have commited suicide.

message 14: by Rafael (new)

Rafael Toribio | 6 comments Title: Stepping On The Cracks
Author: Mary Downing Hahn

Perspective One Margaret's point of view:
I was running from Gordy's hut. Every step I took i heard a chainsaw. I jumped over the gate as fast as I could. Elizabeth should have warned me not to come back. Gordy was right behind me trying to get me but I ran so fast he couldn’t catch up. After that I swore never to come back to the Gordy's hut at the railway.

Perspective Two Margarets Mothers Point Of View
I saw that my daughter was scared of something when she came back. So I asked her " Did something happen while you were playing outside ? ". She was hyperventilating like if she saw the end of the world. Finally I told her to go up to her room and grounded her while I investigate. Mother always knows best.

message 15: by Aaron (new)

Aaron Hudson | 3 comments Book: OCD the dude and me Author:Lauren Roedy Vaughn Scene: Daniel Levine is about to go to school until her mother comes in her room and accidentally trips and knocks down her nicely stacked alphabetized,systematized pile of books that took her the whole summer to organize. Lauren gets really frustrated due to her ocd. Here is how this went down. Daniel:(Her thoughts) Worst morning Ever! I cant believe it It took me so long. I put all of my sweat and tears into that Library. My body started to shake and i started to breath deeply. "Daniel please calm down" she said. How was i supposed to calm down?. She thinks its that easy to calm down then shes wrong! My mom that caused the wreck is telling me to calm down. That makes no sense! Her Mom was starting to lose patience with her"After all she said its not a library but rather a cluster of books i keep on the floor for people to trip over. Libraries have shelves according to her definition. But shelves are not included in the definition of library. I was fighting logic with logic right now. Mom told me to quit it and get dressed. Mom:(her thoughts):Oh god i thought the i minute i saw the pile of books fall as i tripped over them. I saw Daniel start to shake. I've made a massive mistake. I told her to calm down but she was not. Then i told her that its no big deal to build perfection but she was still shaking. Its not even a library it doesn't even have shelves i thought starting to lose my patience. Its more like i cluster of books for people to trip over. When i told that to Daniel but then she told me that definition of library does not include the word shelves. I started to get tired of this argument so i told her to quit it and get dresed.

message 16: by Carlos (new)

Carlos Medina | 3 comments book name:the fire horse girl

in the beginning of the book she is tasked to do many chores that her mother gives her they are difficult and long to accomplish she does not do them and her mother scolds her she is then tasked the same chore again to go to the wus house garden to collect some flowers she then sees her friend mei ming and she was also tasked a chore from her parent.

jade moon:(a quote from text) "i stared at her.i was supposed to get flowers yesterday and i gone out intending to do so.nushie gripped my arm and pushed me outside.she was our servent but she was my mother."

mother:(what character may be thinking) that girl needs to be more responsible and complete here chores i cant have our guests in here when that girl is running around carelessly she needs to be punctual in here work

message 17: by [deleted user] (new)

Title:A Child Called "It"
Author:Dave Pelzer
Chracters:David and Mom
Mom:"You have 20 mintues!One mintue,one second more, and you go hungrey again!Is that understand?"
David:"As I looked at her,mother snatched a carving knife from the counter top and screamed..."
Mom:"If you don't finish on time, i'm going to kill you".
David:'I moved my eyes towards my stomach.On her knees ,mother was hastily applying a thick wad of gauze to place on my stomach where dark red blood pumped out.I tried to say something.I knew it was an accident.I wanted mother to know that I forgave her,but I felt too faint to speak".

message 18: by Jeremy (new)

Jeremy Valdez | 5 comments Book: Divergent
Author: Veronica Roth

1st Descrption: Today is the day. Today is the day I choose which faction I will join. The Choosing Ceremony is the most important thing of my life. I'm on the bus that will bring me and Caleb to the ceremony. When we get there everyone is asked to stand in alphabetical order. That means I'll choose right after Caleb. Now Marcus calls Caleb Prior. He grabs hold of the knife to draw blood. He withdraws his blood and drops it in the Erudite bowl. I don't know if I should join Caleb. Marcus now calls my name and I receive the knife. I withdraw the blood and drop in the Dauntless bowl. I know that I made the right decision because I am selfish.

2nd Descrption: I know that today I'm going to make a decision of a lifetime. I'm sure Beatrice will make the right decision too. We get off the bus and make it to the Choosing Ceremony. We are asked to get in alphabetical order. I stand right in front of Beatrice so I choose before her. Finally Marcus calls "Caleb Prior " and hands me the knife. I feel that I know which faction I will join. So I withdraw some blood from my hand. Then I drop the blood into the Erudite bowl. So I go have a seat with my chosen faction. Now Marcus calls "Beatrice Prior " and she is shaking. I nod at her because I know she will make the correct decision. She chose the Dauntless and I don't know what to think now that me and my sister are in seperate factions.

message 19: by Samantha (new)

Samantha Johnson | 2 comments Title: Along for the Ride
Author: Sara Dessen
Characters: Auden and Heidi

Situation/Turning point: In this part of the story Auden is just about to go out for dinner when she hears her baby sister crying and she notices that her father didn't do anything about it.

Auden's POV: I can't believe he just sat there and did nothing. I guess mom was right people never do change . And after all those years you would've thought he'd learn to be more sensitive and caring. I guess not. Poor Heidi having to deal with his nonsence for the past year or two. Now she's doing just what mother did. Raising a child all by herself.

Heidi POV: I wish Thisbe would stop crying already. She's been fed and changed and... even though he's working on his "writers process" he could have at least helped me out. I'm so tired. Tired of him, the baby, everything. I just feel bad for Auden having to come inbetween all this mess. I'm just tir-..…...........

message 20: by Jordan (new)

Jordan Jenkins | 3 comments Title: Middle School How I Survived Bullies Broccoli and Snake
Author: James Patterson

Turning Point: Everyone in the camp gets sick and the camp leader tries to find out who did it.

Rafe's Point of View Number 1

I don't feel so good. I feel sick. Is everyone else ok because I feel sick. I feel like someone poised the food. I feel like I have to throw up. I feel very sick. I'm going to go throw up now. Everyone else is sick I see. What am I going to do. I don't know what to do and I think the camp leader found out that everyone including me got sick. Why am I getting questioned first.

Legend's Point of view

I'm glad I poisoned everyone. It felt so good to do it. Nobody will mess with me even if they wanted to because of this. They are now scared of me and I feel so good that I did this. Nobody will find out that I did it because nobody knows that I did it. They will never find out that's the good part. They are gonna blame Rafe Because he's new to camp

message 21: by Suzaul (new)

Suzaul Sobhan | 3 comments Title: A Confusion of Princes
Author: Garth Nix
situation:Khemri was taken away from his parents as a baby.
Khemri point of view:Why did i have to be taken away to become a prince?My parents did not see the people coming to take me away.I am being changed from a human.
Khemri's parent point of view: Where is my child going.We should have ran away.What will they do to him?Where are we going?

message 22: by Johan (new)

Johan Contin | 3 comments Title:Finding Zasha
Author:Randi Barrow
situation: Ivan's school is blown up by Nazis
Ivans View:"Or in our case,destroyed by a bomb.We are so lucky that happened.
Adults Point of view:"We are so lucky that happened on a Saturday when no one was in school.

message 23: by Hailie (new)

Hailie Hererdia | 6 comments Title: Copper sun
Author: Sharon.m. Draper

Perspective 1 Amari: Why must this happen to me? Why must I of all people,get taken away from my family, watch them die, and now be bought like fruit at the market? I,then get taken away from the only thing close to a family (after my original family, which can never be replace pasted away!)I was bought by a big man the color of goats milk, and this other man I think his son. Then I was shoved into the back of a cart or "wagon" from what I have heard. I was put next to another "white" girl who looked like she did not want to sit next to me, which was fine with me because I did not want to be next to a strange woman like that. I think this is the second scary/strange thing that has happened to me.
Perspective 2 polly:
Why do we have to stand out here anyways? Why do these people need yet another slave? I don't care too much about these black folks but why do THEY have to be slaves? How/why did this come to be? Then they have the audacity to sit me next to her in their wagon. i mean, yes, i really NEED thus job but i DON'T deserve to be treated like one of them! Anyways, fine, whatever, sit me next to her but she better NOT sit to close!

message 24: by Hailie (new)

( edited and improve version!)
Perspective 1 Amari: Why must this happen to me? Why
must I, of all people,get taken away from my family, watch them die, and now be bought like fruit at the market? I,then get taken away from the only thing close to a family (after my original family, which can never be replace past away!)I was bought by a big man the color of goats milk, and this other man, his son, I think . Then I was shoved into the back of a cart or "wagon" from what I have heard. I was put next to another "white, person" a girl who looked like she did not want to sit next to me, which was fine with me because I did not want to be next to a strange woman like that. I think this is the second scariest/strangest thing that has happened to me.
Perspective 2 Polly:
Why do we have to stand out here anyways? Why do these people need yet another slave? I don't care too much about these black folks but why do THEY have to be slaves? How/why did this come to be? Then they have the audacity to sit me next to her in the back of their wagon. I mean, yes, I really NEED this job but I DON'T deserve to be treated like one of them! Anyways, fine, whatever, sit me next to her but she better NOT sit to close! Good thing to, she kept her distance and so did I!Then i find that I, OF ALL PEOPLE, am now responsible for her! This is going to be very hard

message 25: by Hailie (new)

( 2nd copy)
Perspective 1 Amari: Why must this happen to me? Why
must I, of all people,get taken away from my family, watch them die, and now be bought like fruit at the market? I,then get taken away from the only thing close to a family (after my original family, which can never be replace past away!)I was bought by a big man the color of goats milk, and this other man, his son, I think . Then I was shoved into the back of a cart or "wagon" from what I have heard. I was put next to another "white, person" a girl who looked like she did not want to sit next to me, which was fine with me because I did not want to be next to a strange woman like that. I think this is the second scariest/strangest thing that has happened to me.
Perspective 2 Polly:
Why do we have to stand out here anyways? Why do these people need yet another slave? I don't care too much about these black folks but why do THEY have to be slaves? How/why did this come to be? Then they have the audacity to sit me next to her in the back of their wagon. I mean, yes, I really NEED this job but I DON'T deserve to be treated like one of them! Anyways, fine, whatever, sit me next to her but she better NOT sit to close! Good thing to, she kept her distance and so did I!Then I find that I, OF ALL PEOPLE, am now responsible for her! This is going to be very hard

message 26: by Aminata (new)

Aminata Deme | 2 comments title: The Problem
by:suzanne young
Sloane is a girl that wanted to commite suisuside at one point just like her brother. So her parents send her to a progarm called The Program and try to change her mind.So the program brain washes her so she forgets all her thoughts,but after she knows nothing she meets james and falls in love with him all over again. But does depperssion get in the way of life and their love

message 27: by Priscilla (last edited Nov 04, 2014 04:29PM) (new)

Priscilla Betancourt | 2 comments Title:The Girl Who was Suppose To die
Authors name:April Henry

Cady: I didn't know who I was, I didn't know where she was or why? I wake up with my eyes closed, and hear two men talking about no one coming for me its too late. Meanwhile I feel my right cheek pressed against a rock,my mouth taste like blood. I gently touch my teeth with my eyes closed and one of them is loose.The inside of my mouth feels sore. Something is wrong with my left hand,the tips of my fingers, my pinki and ring finger are throbing with every beat of my heart.

First man: You need to take care of things, take her off to the back, and finish her off.

Second man:But she's just a kid.

First man:A kid! If she talks to the cops, she could get us both sent to death row. Its either her or us. Its that simple.Call me when your done!

Cady: the man carries me under my arms. As he's carrying me I look at my left hand and see 3 fingers pink nail polish the last 2 fingers are wet and red where nails used to be.
I think I know where I was before I ended up on the floor...

message 28: by Thesla (new)

Thesla Rodriguez | 3 comments Title: A Monster Calls
Author:Patrick Ness

A turning point in my book was when the monster made Connor tell the truth.

First POV(Connor): The Monster , which was the yew tree , made me tell the truth. The truth about the dream I've been having. So I was basically forced to. The truth was I wanted the pain to end whether my mom died or not. I just wanted everything to end . After I told the monster , I felt somewhat better . I knew that when my mom died , I'd be there ready to let her go.
2nd POV(The monster): I wanted to help Connor , for when his mom died. He was my fourth and final story . He said it. How he wanted all the pain to go away . I was there to help him let go of his mother when the time came.

message 29: by Waleed (new)

Waleed Mohammed | 4 comments Tittle:Percy Jackson and The Lighting Thief
Author:Rick Riodian

Two Character: Percy and Luke

Percy:Why did you blame me for stealing the master bolt? For what did you had to blame me for this.At first I thought whoever had done this would be crazy but now it's a whole different story.I did not even know I was a Demi-God and Zeus comes out of nowhere and starts blaming me for stealing the master bolt when I didn't .Also for Demi-Gods to be watching me as if I was some sort of a freak.I want to your part of this story.

Luke: Well, my part of the story is totally different.The only reason why Zeus blamed you is because your father Poseidon had tried to overthrow Zeus and at first thought it was Poseidon because of that then he realized that it was not him so he started to blame it at you.Half of the reason why I stole it is because Kronos is my master and he told me that if I help him revive he will give me a big reward.My father Hermes abandoned me and my mother we where young and I don't want that to happen to me again.I am sick and tired of it and now it's all over.

message 30: by Ashley (new)

Ashley Pinales | 4 comments Book: Manifest
Author: Artist Arthur
Turning point: In this part of the story, Krystal is at a meeting with her friends Sasha and Jake, when the dreaded black fog that she has had nightmares about and dreaded starts to chase her and her friends.

Krystal's Perspective:
Why does that thing keep following me?!At least I'm not the only one who sees it. After we saw that thing we bolted! Well, me and Jake did. Sasha actually just transported into her car.(lucky, she got the good powers while I'm stuck with the dead people)She still had to The birds kept nipping at us and basically eating us alive. "Get in the car!", Jake yelled. But I couldn't move. It was like I was frozen. And then Jake tackled me! Sasha sped off with Jake's legs hanging out. Behind us the fog was almost on top of us. Drive!",I screamed.

Jake's Perspective:
What the heck! What the hell was that thing? I tried to get those birds away from Krystal, but she just stood there! It was like she WANTED to be eaten by crows."Get in the car!" I yelled. But NOOOOO she JUST STOOD THERE. Ugh, I was going to have to get her in the car somehow. When Sasha got the birds distracted, I tackled Krystal into the car. Once we were in, Sasha sped off. And then we saw the fog. "Drive!", Krystal screamed.

message 31: by Aniyah (new)

Aniyah Jenkins | 3 comments Title: Deal With It
Author: Monica Mckayhan

Indigo- is a popular girl in her school and one of the best dancers on the squad, but has a best friend who is the same so now their debating on who's getting captains spot and indigo believes it's going to be her because she's better at it she thinks but gets jealous when Jade her best friend gets the spot.
Jade- Also she is popular and the best dancer and hopes that she gets that captain spot but also thinks Indigo might get it so when they get the results she is supirised that she is captian. Will this ruin their friendship?

message 32: by Isela (new)

Isela Cosme | 4 comments Title:Hoot
Author:Carl Hiaansen
Situation/Turning point:Roy and Dana are in the school bus and going to school.

Roy's Point of View #1:

I wouldn't be noticed if it wasn't for Dana Matherson. I usually don't stare at the windows. I only peferred reading comics and mystery books on the morning while riding the school bus on my way to Trace Middle. On Monday Dana Mathson grabbed my head from my back and was pressing it with his thumbs and it hurted a lot.

Dana Matherson Point of View:

I saw Roy staring at the window of the school bus. I was wondering why he was staring at the window and not doing is usual thing reading books. I mean that's the only thing he does reading books everyday. I have a plan I'm going to ambush him. I wiil put my fingers on his head and press it really hard. I will push him on the window and I bet that it hurted him a lot.

message 33: by Sallimatou (new)

Sallimatou Diaby | 3 comments Book~ The Fault In Our Stars
Author~ John Green

In this part of the story Hazel is sleeping and Augustus called her she thought that something bad has happened.

Hazel: Is he dead, did something go wrong.

Augustus: Hi Hazel, I need your help, I am at the gas station and I feel disgusting. Please come.

Hazel : Oh my god Oh my god! Is he okay.

Augustus: Please dont take me to the hospital. I hate myself. I just wanted to buy a pack of cigarettes.

Hazel: Oh my god! His G-TUBE is infected. He threw up. Oh my god!

Augustus: I hate all of this and I just want to die.

Hazel: No, stop saying that, I need you. You are the love of my life.

Hazel called 911 and recited a poem while Augustus lost consciousness.

message 34: by Joshua (new)

Joshua Figueroa | 3 comments Book- I.D
Author- Vicki Grant

Chris - I shouldn’t have stopped . I was late already. But if you see a wallet on the sidewalk , what do you do ? You stop. I picked it up. I look around. I could only see one person , an old guy , walking his dog. Mr.Oxner was going to kill me. I’d already been suspended a couple of times for not showing up , flunking out , mouthing off , whatever. He’d gone crazy at me the day before. He said that was my last chance. If I so much as chewed gum in class - thats what he said - I was out for good. Expelled. Like I cared I wanted to say “ Shove it “ I didn’t need anyone - especially Oxner - telling me what I could or could not do. But I needed a place to stay. I needed to eat. If I got expelled , my stepfather would totally lose it. He’d make me go back to working at the grocery store for six bucks an hour. He’d probably try to kick me out the house. He’d for sure make my life hell. ( Like it wasn’t already )
First Man - Whoa there , young fella . Could be . How much money’s in it ?
Chris - About seventy - five bucks
First Man - Nah
Chris - I could have smacked him . I didn’t have time to waste on some old geezer and his stupid jokes. I swore - and scared again. I stuffed the wallet into my back pocket and ran. I made it to math class just in time. I skidded into my desk right as the bell stopped ringing. Oxner couldn’t say a thing. I looked straight at him and laughed.
Oxner - So glad you could make it , Christopher.
Christ - I could tell he was really pissed off he couldn’t do anything to me. He started writing on the board like a maniac. What was that, sir ?
Oxner - Did you say something .
Chris - I didn’t say anything. I had a pencil and some paper. I brought my textbook. If Oxner asked , I even knew what page we were on. Everything was going great. I was bulletproof. I smiled back at her. It’s funny now , but I remember sitting there thinking. This just might be my lucky day.

message 35: by Yarmis (new)

Yarmis Cruz | 3 comments Tittle: Indigo summer

Author: Monica Mckayhan

Situation: Indigo finds her boyfriend Quincy with another girl at the movies. Even when he had promise to try his best to come by her house. She didn't believe this guy ( Marcus ) who has been warning her about Quincy.

Indigo: I got a glimpse of a guy that looked just like Quincy. She though it was impossible because he was suppose to be with his family. That why he didn't come to my house.Just to be sure I looked and realized that it was him.I walked up to him.

Quincy: I acted all casual as if nothing was wrong. Although I knew what was about to happen.

Indigo: I felt like i had been betrayed. I seems like Marcus was right after all. After that moment there was really not much to say or do.

message 36: by Jazier (new)

Jazier Saltares | 5 comments Title: That Summer
Author : Sarah Dessen

Situation : one summer can change everything Haven realizes it all . Her father got remarried her sisters boyfriend came back for her and more things continue on .

Haven : the day my father got married I woke up to my mother defrosting the refrigerator at 6am . I went down to the kitchen and saw my mom in the refrigerator , and Barry was there , my mom had said good morning and I asked her if she was ok .

Mom : Me ? I'm fine are you hungry ?

Haven : Not really .

Mom : Haven please don't sit that way . It's not good for you and it makes me nervous .

Haven : my mom stood staring at me until my legs dropped . I still wasn't sure why I woke up so early aside from my mom , but I remembered my fathers wedding when I had my dress and got caught on the curtain rod . That was a horrible spin . My father was an sport anchor for Chanel 5 and reported sports news . My mom was a meteorologist called weAther Pet .

message 37: by Johan (last edited Nov 04, 2014 06:17PM) (new)

Johan Soto | 4 comments Title: Middle School: The WORST Years of my Life
Author: James Patterson

(Rafe stands in front of his locker with some sugar drinks, which is against school rules, and Jeanne, his dream girlfriend, goes there.)

Rafe- Thirsty?
Jeanne- You know, this is totally against the rules?
Rafe- That's what makes it taste better.
Jeanne looked at Rafe like the same way his mom does when he's trying to hide something.
Jeanne- Why does it seem like you're always trying to get in trouble? I don't get that.
Rafe- Can you keep a secret?
Rafe took out the book with all the school rules, and some of them were crossed out.
Jeanne- Yeah, ok, so what?
Rafe-I'm gonna be the first one to break every single one of these rules, one by one.
Jeanne-Oh, great. Thanks for telling me. Now I can get in trouble, too.
Rafe-No, you can't. That's my policy. Whatever happens, I don't let anyone else get hurt.

message 38: by Isela (new)

Isela Cosme | 4 comments Title:Hoot
Author:Carl Hiaasen

Roy's Point of View:

If it wasn't for Dana Matherson I wouldn't be noticed.I was staring at the window.I was thinking this isn't me staring at the window.this isn't me I usually read comic and mystery books.In the usual days I always read books in the school bus while we get to Trace Middle.But the day got worst this kid put his hands on my head and it hurt a lot that he was pressing my head hard with his thumb.

Dana Matherson Point of View:

I saw this kid on the bus and staring at the window.I ask myself why isn't he reading books .Doesn't he usually read books every day at the bus.i will go where Roy is and do something to him. I'm going to put my hand on his hand and squeeze his head. I bet it will hurt him a lot. Then put his face on the window.

message 39: by Hawa (new)

Hawa Camara | 4 comments hawa
character lanesha and mamayaya
PERSERPECTIVE lanshaand mama yaya I live in a tight-knit community in New Orleans' Ninth Ward. I don't have a fancy house like her uptown family or lots of friends like the other kids on her street. But what do have have is Mama Ya-Ya, my fiercely loving caretaker, wise in the ways of the world and able to predict the future. So when Mama Ya-Ya's visions show a powerful hurricane--Katrina--fast approaching, it's up to Lanesha to call upon the hope and strength Mama Ya-Ya has given her to help them both survive the storm.
perserpective mama yayaMama Ya-Ya, a boy separated from his parents named LaShon, and a stray puppy when Katrina finally descends on them. Her strength is believable, partly because we know she has a special gift of sight and partly because we see how much Mama Ya-Ya has loved her and given her confidence. If there is anything missing from this book, Shamekia and I agreed, it is a sense of fragility that we thought a twelve year-old in the middle of a natural disaster might feel. perspective came from
http://blog.heightslibrary.org/book-r...

message 40: by Esmeralda (new)

Esmeralda Curiel | 3 comments Title: Ninth ward
Author:Jewell Parker Rhodes

Plot/Situation: Twelve-year-old Lanesha lives with her surrogate mother, Mama Ya-Ya in the lower Ninth Ward in New Orleans. Lanesha is different-she can see ghosts, and Mama Ya-Ya is different, too, relying on the mystical forces in the world to see the future. When Mama Ya-Ya sees a big storm brewing-the storm that will become Hurricane Katrina-it's up to Lanesha to make sure that they're prepared to weather the rain, wind, and flooding.

Mama ya-ya is freaking out. Not only she needs to safe herself but lanesha. Her first move was to let lanesha and tashon(lanesha friend) stay to the attic until she does something.

Lanesha in the other hand was smart after the storm she went to the store and bought thing youll need to be prepare for the storm. After that she went to attic with her friend. She realized mamma yaya died. the house was floated so she needed to get out by the window with a fake boat she created.After the struggles jesus gave her life and lanesha survived the hurricane

message 41: by Alexander (new)

Alexander Manon | 6 comments Title:RIOT ACT
Author:DIANE TULLSON

What lead off to the event: Daniel and Nick are out downtown to watch. Although they know it was very bad out there but Daniel also thought how many years has it been since this city has played in the final?he wasn't even born.

Daniel:We were headed downtown just me and Nick to watch a game.I knew it was bad out there but I had to take the risk I thought to my self how many years has it been since they had played in the final? We weren't even born.

Nick:I hope we're going to be safe out downtown tonight. I'm very hungry since Daniel have rushed me out of the house,I didn't get to eat anything yet because of Daniels impatience on going to the game. I haven't changed my shirt either but I'll wear one of Mia's tomorrow.

Daniel:We're already downtown on line and the game has already started. I saw a couple of guys muscling people in front of people. So I jab the elbow on one of the guys,back there I said.the guy looks up on Nick and grabs his friend and move to the back of the line. With Nick up next on line to purchase.

Nick:I'm up next on line and Daniel asks for some chips. There's no chips so I grab him a Dr. Pepper and say nothing to eat,everything's sold out to eat.

Daniel:I hand Nick the can and say fill your boots. We pushed towards a large crowd and a couple behind. I turned to see a cop and looks at Nick motioning to him that he wants the bottle. A booing wave jeered on top of us. There's a trail of smoke and then a weird pause, like the torch is taking a breath. Then the car bursts into flames. The crowd went towards a parking lot and started to tip a car. Every one chanted push! push! The car flipped. I pulled out my phone and said I'll take your picture. His head thrown back and both middle fingers thrown in the air. The guy was shaking liquid inside the car and Nick and I stumble away. Cops appeared at the far edge of the crowd. They yelled Clear the area! Clear the area! Nick looks at me stunned. It's ok I said lets get out of here.

message 42: by Prince (new)

Prince Amponsah | 2 comments TITLE: Drama High
Author: L Divine

In the novel Drama High, the characters Jay d and KJ have different opinion about their relationship. Jayd feels that KJ shouldn't have broke up with her. SHe states that KJ only wanted sex from her,but kj feel Jayd just couldn't keep the love
KJ: How you gone give up on our relationship just like that?
Jayd: Tears are streaming down my face, which I am sure has turned red.
Jay d: Who is that?
Kj: Look Jayd, I can't talk to you right now.
Kj: I am getting angrier with every second that goes by. I don't have time for this.
Jayd: What the hell are you telling me, Do you got have another woman? I thought you was in love with me.
Kj: I was, but you din't do nothing to keep the love there, JAY D.

message 43: by Alexis (new)

Alexis Cordero | 4 comments the turning point for my character is Daniel and Nick are talking about how they should turn themselves in for for what happened in the riot. So Daniel is talking about how they shouldn't turn themselves in but on the other hand Nick is saying that they did a bad thing and turn themselves in.

message 44: by Alexis (new)

Alexis Cordero | 4 comments Daniel: I'm telling you, we shouldn't turn ourselves in for no reason.

Nick: Um, yes we did do a bad thing hello have you been sleep walking while the riot was happening.

Daniel: No.

Nick: Then that's why we should turn ourselves in.

Daniel: Wow just because we got into a riot and broke inside a bar and stole stuff from in there...... okay I see what your talking about but either way I'm not turning my self in.

Nick: Well I know I'm turning my self in what kind of friend are you

message 45: by Anthonie (new)

Anthonie Balki | 2 comments The turning point for my characters, Cole and Harper is when Cole does not want to live with his father. Cole thinks that it is wrong for his mother to drop him off with his dad who left him when he was born. It is hard for both Cole and Harper to live with each other.
Cole: I cannot believe that she sent me to live with with a man that I haven't seen in ever in my life. It stinks. This place looks like a raggedy horse home. I walk in the back and see a man trying to calm a horse who looks like he is about to stomp him out.
Harper: I cannot believe that she left me with this disrespectful teen who curses and hits his mom. I can see that he looks like me.
Cole: This man does not even looked scared of this beast. I bet the moment he looks at me he will send me back home. He wont even like me...
Harper: I bet he wont even like me...

message 46: by Fatoumata (last edited Nov 05, 2014 03:13PM) (new)

Fatoumata Dialloh | 5 comments Tittle: The Distance between us
Author: Kasie West
Event: At the store

Caymen's point of view: A guy on a cellphone walks in. This is new to me. Not the cellphone part, but the guy. Often when I see boys come into the doll store, they look bored. But this one isn't. He has the confidence that only money can buy." Can I help you sir," I ask him. " So which one do you think a older woman might like?" he says. " All of them", I reply. All of a sudden, I see surprise in his eyes as if he expected an old woman to be standing in front of him. I blame my voice. My voice is slightly deeper than average. I realized he was young. My age maybe? Seventeen. He was on the phone when he said "she is cute". I knew he was talking about the doll. He looked at me and said "I guess she is also cute". I couldn't help myself but blush. He was handsome, but as Mama always said, the rich is to never be trusted.

Xander's point of view: I cant believe Mom made me come shopping for grandma"s birthday. Why will an old woman want a doll for her birthday? Well...I don't know. There are many dolls. They are like creeping me out. It's like they're trying to read my soul. I found this perfect doll named Peggy by the help of the girl in the store. I was embarrassed when my asked me if I thought she was cute. Of course she was. But, I didn't want to tell her. I bet she was around my age. She is also funny. I can't believe I have her stuck in my head. I should come see her tomorrow.

message 47: by Toliah (new)

Toliah Brown | 1 comments Title:THE CROWN SELECTION
Author:KIERA CASS

The turning point in my book was that when the skinny boy volunteer to pick up the car and some people thought that he could'int do and other people thought that he could do it and it turned out that he did do it.

message 48: by Appiffany (new)

Appiffany Ellis | 5 comments Title:Twilight
Author: Stephine Meyer

Turning Point:When Edward admits he is a vampire

Point of view #1 (Bella's Pov):This couldn't possibly be happening. I knew there was something off about him but i didn't expect Jacobs story about him to be true.It doesn't really matter if he is a vampire or not.Hes still my friend.what if he is? What should i do? Should i run away? What if he tries to bit me?Would he really do that to me? I was so confused but i eventually went along with it.Then we started having a conversation as if everything was normal and i didn't just find out the huge secret that he was a vampire.Then he started telling me what it was like as a vampire and we just continued talking.It still didn't matter.

Point of Veiw #2 (Edwards pov):I might as well confess.After all she said she it didn't matter what i was.Maybe if we just talk about it like normal people it would be less awkward.But i'm not normal. I'm a vampire.She must have very mixed feelings right now.
Ill let her ask me whatever she wants to know just to make it less weird.After all i'm sure she's gonna have a lot of questions considering all of the things people say about vampires are myths.

message 49: by Tamara (new)

Tamara Aviles | 3 comments Title: Someone to Love Me
Author: Anne Schraff

Perspective One, Jamee Wills'perspective
I hate every memory of Bobby Wallace. I just hate it. He thought he could make of me whatever he wanted but no he was wrong. I just remember how he thought I was his punching bag. What was I thinking when I was dating him? He's nothing more than an abusive boy. I can see how Amberlynn can't even look at him. She always says how she sweet talks to girls in front of the lockers. He's just not worth it. If only they knew the things he tried to do to me. If I was them I would maintain a really big distance from him. Well I mean unless they want to be at risk of becoming his punching bag.

Perspective Two, Bobby Wallace's perspective

I am just attracted to girls.What can I do about it? Remember when I told Cindy,
" Baby want a ride home"?(Schraff 36). Jamee is just a liar and Cindy doesn't want nothing to do with me. We both messed up in that relationship. I mean you and Amberlynn think that it was only me but it wasn't. Yea you may think that Jamee wouldn't lie to you guys but you never really know. I never tried to turn her into a punching bag as she says. I just want to ride Cindy home but she is definitely not wanting to. She made a deal with me that I had to take her straight home. She decided to finally get into my red Nissan. I had to tell her she was looking good.

I know she told me straight home but I decided to take her for ice cream before taking her home. After a while we got back in the car and I drove Cindy back home watching her run up he stairs to her apartment.

message 50: by Tamara (new)

Tamara Aviles | 3 comments Title: Someone to Love Me
Author: Anne Schraff

Perspective One, Jamee Wills'perspective
I hate every memory of Bobby Wallace. I just hate it. He thought he could make of me whatever he wanted but no he was wrong. I just remember how he thought I was his punching bag. What was I thinking when I was dating him? He's nothing more than an abusive boy. I can see how Amberlynn can't even look at him. She always says how she sweet talks to girls in front of the lockers. He's just not worth it. If only they knew the things he tried to do to me. If I was them I would maintain a really big distance from him. Well I mean unless they want to be at risk of becoming his punching bag.

Perspective Two, Bobby Wallace's perspective

I am just attracted to girls.What can I do about it? Remember when I told Cindy,
" Baby want a ride home"?(Schraff 36). Jamee is just a liar and Cindy doesn't want nothing to do with me. We both messed up in that relationship. I mean you and Amberlynn think that it was only me but it wasn't. Yea you may think that Jamee wouldn't lie to you guys but you never really know. I never tried to turn her into a punching bag as she says. I just want to ride Cindy home but she is definitely not wanting to. She made a deal with me that I had to take her straight home. She decided to finally get into my red Nissan. I had to tell her she was looking good.

I know she told me straight home but I decided to take her for ice cream before taking her home. After a while we got back in the car and I drove Cindy back home watching her run up he stairs to her apartment.

« previous 1