This topic is about Queen of Shadows
Archives- Buddy Reads > Queen of Shadows by Sarah J. Maas

Comments Showing 1-50 of 100 (100 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by Leigh, ⭐Wonder Woman⭐ (new) - rated it 5 stars

Leigh | 15460 comments Mod
We will be starting Monday.

message 2: by Lys (new)

Lys (lysrowan) What will be next after this series?
I miss you girls <3

Yzabel Ginsberg (yzabelginsberg) | 247 comments I'll see if I can get it from the library. If not, well... it'll be for a later time.

message 4: by Leigh, ⭐Wonder Woman⭐ (new) - rated it 5 stars

Alyssia wrote: "What will be next after this series?
I miss you girls <3"

Any suggestions?

message 5: by Leigh, ⭐Wonder Woman⭐ (new) - rated it 5 stars

We could read Blue Lily, Lily Blue (The Raven Cycle, #3) by Maggie Stiefvater then Mortal Heart (His Fair Assassin, #3) by Robin LaFevers ?

message 6: by Leigh, ⭐Wonder Woman⭐ (new) - rated it 5 stars

I am on the waiting list for Blue Lily, Lily Blue.

message 7: by Sheri, Bookworm (new) - rated it 4 stars

Sheri | 12355 comments Mod
Leigh wrote: "We could read Blue Lily, Lily Blue (The Raven Cycle, #3) by Maggie Stiefvater then Mortal Heart (His Fair Assassin, #3) by Robin LaFevers?"

I vote for both!

I'm on the waiting list for this one still...I'll start as soon as I get it :)

message 8: by Sheri, Bookworm (new) - rated it 4 stars

Alyssia wrote: "What will be next after this series?
I miss you girls <3"

Hi Alyssia! We miss you, too :)

message 9: by Leigh, ⭐Wonder Woman⭐ (new) - rated it 5 stars

Sheri, did you want to hold off on starting this one?

message 10: by Sheri, Bookworm (new) - rated it 4 stars

It's up to you. I should have it tomorrow or Tuesday...so either way is fine.

message 11: by Leigh, ⭐Wonder Woman⭐ (new) - rated it 5 stars

Ok. We can start it.

message 12: by Sheri, Bookworm (new) - rated it 4 stars

sounds good :)

message 13: by Leigh, ⭐Wonder Woman⭐ (new) - rated it 5 stars

There are 68 chapters. Do we want to do 13/day?

message 14: by Sheri, Bookworm (new) - rated it 4 stars

Sounds good :)

message 15: by Leigh, ⭐Wonder Woman⭐ (new) - rated it 5 stars

Witches, Fae, Wyverns...oh my.

message 16: by Lys (new)

Lys (lysrowan) Sheri wrote: "Leigh wrote: "We could read Blue Lily, Lily Blue (The Raven Cycle, #3) by Maggie Stiefvater then Mortal Heart (His Fair Assassin, #3) by Robin LaFevers?"

I vote for both!

I'm on the waiting list for this one still...I'll start as soon a..."

Those sound good. I own Blue Lily, but I don't know if I will buy the other. I can put it on the hold list though. :D

message 17: by Leigh, ⭐Wonder Woman⭐ (new) - rated it 5 stars

Blue lily, I have on hold but I don't know if it will be in next week. Can we do Mortal Heart first or something else?

message 18: by Leigh, ⭐Wonder Woman⭐ (new) - rated it 5 stars

What is the king up to? I still want to know about the rings. They play a part in what is going on. Does the king control the wearer of the ring?

message 19: by Leigh, ⭐Wonder Woman⭐ (new) - rated it 5 stars

I love Celaena but her attitude in the first set of chapters got on my nerves. Just like there is no crying/whining in baseball that goes double for being an assassin. WTH! Get over it! People you loved have died. You lost the person you loved(Chaol). You have killed many and in the process have carved up the last two with great gusto. Did you expect to not go to a dark place to do those things? I need her to snap out of it or I will pull my hair out before the end of this book. Rant over!

message 20: by Leigh, ⭐Wonder Woman⭐ (new) - rated it 5 stars

Is there a possible love interest for Dorian? I hope so. I like Dorian. I miss the playful banter between him and Celaena.

Yzabel Ginsberg (yzabelginsberg) | 247 comments Yeah, well, I just hope there won't be a love square (or love pentagon), with the addition of (view spoiler)!

Also, I find myself really liking Manon.

message 22: by Leigh, ⭐Wonder Woman⭐ (last edited Nov 04, 2014 11:36AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Yzabel wrote: "Yeah, well, I just hope there won't be a love square (or love pentagon), with the addition of [spoilers removed]!

Also, I find myself really liking Manon."

That would be an interesting twist. Not! Love triangles make me crazy so if you add in more that just is total overload.

I want to know more about Manon. What do you think of Adien?

Yzabel Ginsberg (yzabelginsberg) | 247 comments Oh yeah, forgot about him. Possibility for a love... hexagon, then? (#ohnoes)

message 24: by Leigh, ⭐Wonder Woman⭐ (new) - rated it 5 stars

What is Mave up to?

message 25: by Leigh, ⭐Wonder Woman⭐ (new) - rated it 5 stars

Sheri, did you get your copy?

message 26: by Leigh, ⭐Wonder Woman⭐ (new) - rated it 5 stars

What will Dorian do with this new information?

message 27: by Leigh, ⭐Wonder Woman⭐ (new) - rated it 5 stars

Even though I am not a fan of the witches with their alliance with the King, I really like Manon.

message 28: by Leigh, ⭐Wonder Woman⭐ (new) - rated it 5 stars

Why does the human's blood taste funny?

Yzabel Ginsberg (yzabelginsberg) | 247 comments Yeah, Manon is definitely becoming my favourite. So she's evil and all, but hey, she's focused, she does what she has to do, and she's not emo.

Also kind of wondering if Sorscha (view spoiler)

message 30: by Leigh, ⭐Wonder Woman⭐ (new) - rated it 5 stars

I wonder about her too. I hope she doesn't betray Dorian. I like him and I want something good for him. Rowan is really growing on me. What are his real feelings for Celaena?

message 31: by Leigh, ⭐Wonder Woman⭐ (new) - rated it 5 stars

I am not a fan of Manon's grandmother. I don't trust her.

message 32: by Sheri, Bookworm (new) - rated it 4 stars

I don't have it yet :( Don't worry...I'll catch up this weekend.

message 33: by Leigh, ⭐Wonder Woman⭐ (new) - rated it 5 stars

Sheri, I'm sorry. It is good. I can't wait to hear what you think.

message 34: by Leigh, ⭐Wonder Woman⭐ (last edited Nov 06, 2014 09:30AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Who betrayed Rowan and Celaena? The King is one sick, evil bastard.i am ready for him to die maybe at the hand of his own monsters he has created. Then Celaena can banish them.

message 35: by Leigh, ⭐Wonder Woman⭐ (new) - rated it 5 stars

Yes, there is the Celaena I love. You go girl!

message 36: by Sheri, Bookworm (new) - rated it 4 stars

Lol, I guess I'll read this whenever I get it. I'll post comments then :) According to the list I was supposed to have it the 4th...

Any ideas for next? Sounds like Alyssia might be joining us again :) We could go back to Anita Blake - did you keep going with that? I haven't read past the first one. Open to suggestions...

message 37: by Leigh, ⭐Wonder Woman⭐ (new) - rated it 5 stars

I haven't read anymore in that one. Vaughn would be happy. I thought maybe we could read Mortal Heart (His Fair Assassin, #3) by Robin LaFevers Blue Lily, Lily Blue (The Raven Cycle, #3) by Maggie Stiefvater .

message 38: by Leigh, ⭐Wonder Woman⭐ (new) - rated it 5 stars

I'm sorry you didn't get this book on time.

message 39: by Leigh, ⭐Wonder Woman⭐ (new) - rated it 5 stars

Holy Crap! What the hell just happened!

message 40: by Leigh, ⭐Wonder Woman⭐ (new) - rated it 5 stars

How long do we have to wait for the next book? I need it now! I love this series!

message 41: by Sheri, Bookworm (new) - rated it 4 stars

Leigh wrote: "I haven't read anymore in that one. Vaughn would be happy. I thought maybe we could read Mortal Heart (His Fair Assassin, #3) by Robin LaFeversBlue Lily, Lily Blue (The Raven Cycle, #3) by Maggie Stiefvater."

Oh, yeah...I forgot about those two! I want to read them both. I have Blue Lily, so I'll have to see if I can find Mortal Heart.

message 42: by Leigh, ⭐Wonder Woman⭐ (new) - rated it 5 stars

I have Mortal Heart, but I am on waiting list. Can we read Mortal Heart first or something else?

Yzabel Ginsberg (yzabelginsberg) | 247 comments Done. ^^

Not bad, not bad. I found the first half a bit boring, with the training and all, but then things picked up, and now I feel more like reading the next one. Plenty of things have changed in the last chapters, and I can only expect that Chaol and Dorian, especially, will play different roles in book #4. (I mean, they remained at the castle in this one, and were sort of "in the background"; now there are new opportunities for us to see what's going to happen to them.)

Definitely still liking Manon. I wonder if there'll be a direct confrontation between her and Aelin at some point in the future.

Also I'm glad the Aelin/Rowan relationship seems to lean more on the loyal friendship side, rather than yet another romance opportunity. I hope it'll stay this way. For me, they fit much better as fighting companions that respect each other, rather than as love birds.

message 44: by Leigh, ⭐Wonder Woman⭐ (new) - rated it 5 stars

I am anxiously waiting to see the new roles Chaol and Dorian play especially since it ended the way it did. I think Manon will buy her time playing her grandmother's game, but in the end she will betray her grandmother and the King. She feels things the others don't. Rowan doesn't treat Aelin/Celaena like a love interest more like a trainee. I like him and I think he will make a great general or captain of the guard.

message 45: by Leigh, ⭐Wonder Woman⭐ (new) - rated it 5 stars

What are we reading Monday?

Yzabel Ginsberg (yzabelginsberg) | 247 comments Leigh wrote: "Rowan doesn't treat Aelin/Celaena like a love interest more like a trainee. I like him and I think he will make a great general or captain of the guard. "

Exactly, and that's what I likes about their relationship. He didn't coddle to her every whim, didn't let her get away with bullshit, challenged her until she realised she wasn't such the hot shiz, pushing her to give her all in turn... and I'd be rather disappointed if he ended up "yet another cookie-cutter YA male love interest", so to speak.

message 47: by Leigh, ⭐Wonder Woman⭐ (new) - rated it 5 stars

Yzabel wrote: "Leigh wrote: "Rowan doesn't treat Aelin/Celaena like a love interest more like a trainee. I like him and I think he will make a great general or captain of the guard. "

Exactly, and that's what I ..."

I don't think that will happen.

message 48: by Leigh, ⭐Wonder Woman⭐ (new) - rated it 5 stars

Are we going to read Blue Lily or something else? I am still on the waiting list but hope to get it this week.

message 49: by Sheri, Bookworm (new) - rated it 4 stars

Let's wait on both of those for maybe a week and see if we can get a hold of them. Me and Alyssia have LB and you have MH...right?

Any other suggestions?

message 50: by Leigh, ⭐Wonder Woman⭐ (new) - rated it 5 stars

We can get back to Anita Blake series. Vaughn would be happy. We could also start Kate Daniels series.

Here are some other choices Talon (Talon, #1) by Julie Kagawa Only with You (The Best Mistake, #1) by Lauren Layne Angelbound (Angelbound, #1) by Christina Bauer Storm Siren (Storm Siren, #1) by Mary Weber Shifting Shadows Stories from the World of Mercy Thompson by Patricia Briggs The Beautiful Ashes (Broken Destiny, #1) by Jeaniene Frost Beautiful Oblivion (Beautiful, #3) by Jamie McGuire Tragic Desires (Tragic, #2) by A.M. Hargrove

« previous 1