The Retribution of Mara Dyer Read-Along discussion

The Retribution of Mara Dyer (Mara Dyer, #3)
This topic is about The Retribution of Mara Dyer
Retribution Teasers Discussion (Spoilery)

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Angel, Original G1821 Carrier (new) - rated it 5 stars

Angel (noahfoshaw) | 122 comments Mod
Making this so we can talk about the teasers, and the first 5 chapters we have gotten without spoiling anyone in the separate chapter discussions! You can read them here if you haven't yet: http://assemblageofbeauty.tumblr.com/... and please don't discuss them in the other discussion topics, because again, some people may not want those spoilers.

message 2: by Angel, Original G1821 Carrier (last edited Oct 31, 2014 02:35PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

so mainly I am crying about this teaser after reading Chapter 5, which I forgot about WHILE reading chapter 5, but someone reminded me of it on tumblr and,

//"My fingers caught on something else as I withdrew them. It was his T-shirt, the white one with the holes in it. I filled my hands with the fabric and brought it up to my face.

I caught the barest, faintest scent of him, soap and sandalwood and smoke, and in that moment, I felt not loss but need. Noah was there for me when I had no one else. He believed me when no one else did. He could not be gone, I thought, but my throat began to hurt and my chest began to tighten and I curled up in bed, knees to chest, head to knees, waiting for tears that never came and sleep that did."//

Which means its more than likely Jude is lying on the recorder, I MEAN I STILL DON'T THINK NOAH IS REALLY DEAD, I DON'T WANT TO BELIEVE HE IS, but if he is, I feel like Mara will bring him back with her powers somehow, and I'm not entirely sure what to think tbh, I don't want him to be dead at all haha

But I do know that I don't trust Jude, and never did, and never will.

Samantha (sammchoy) | 13 comments OMG NOAHHHH NOAH NOAH NOAH HES ALIVE if jude isn't lying

Tamara Obradović (tamaressa) I'm really hoping Jude turns out to be good. But then when I think about it, Jude said Mara should take the watch, maybe it's all a trick just to see how fast it'll take mara to find a way out... but idk, it's too early for that to happen... but then she could actually get out and find Kells office
"How are we supposed to get in?"
Stella kicked the metal shutter.
"Fool of a Took!" Jamie hissed through his teeth. "If someones in there, they probably heard that."

• • • • • • • • • •
I looked up at the video camera and stared. Then raised my hand and gave it the middle finger.
"I thought you were going to give it the District Twelve salute," Jamie said.

(And on the bottom there's a picture of a guy with one eye, left eye missing, do you think it's Wayne)

Then they get in and Mara finds Noah's bag

"I managed to unzip his bag and rummaged through it, but I could barely tell one piece of clothing from another. I bit my lip, clenched my jaw to keep myself from losing it, to keep myself here. As I did, my fingers curled around something in his bag. Not clothes. Metal. I pulled it out.
My hand shifted into focus, and so did the thing in it. A straight razor. Noah’s razor. I remembered asking him once why he used it. He’d said it was the sharpest kind."

then she could take the bag with her and some time later find the t-shirt with the holes...

and then they could find the exit:
"I knew what I looked like as I walked calmly back to the truck. Jamie and Stella were already on their way back to find me.
"Fuck," Jamie said when he saw me. That about covered it."
• • • • • • • • • •
"I could lie to them, but I couldn’t lie to myself. It felt like goodbye."

message 5: by Angel, Original G1821 Carrier (new) - rated it 5 stars

oh god i dont know what to expect tbh, i just need it to be the 4th already TWO MORE DAYS