The Agatha Christie Reading Group discussion

Lord Edgware Dies (Hercule Poirot, #9)
This topic is about Lord Edgware Dies
2014 Books > November 2014: Lord Edgware Dies

Comments Showing 1-18 of 18 (18 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Mark Pghfan (new)

Mark Pghfan | 95 comments This is one of my favorites, possible because I guessed the trick right out of the gate. I kept reading thinking I would be proved wrong, but ended up right!

message 2: by Malcolm (new)

Malcolm Noble | 0 comments Lauren wrote: "Ohhh I remember who the murderer is now! I'm gonna try and see if I can pick up on all the little clues."

That's the fun of reading them again!

Reija | 42 comments This was really good. I liked that there were good amount usual suspects. There really are some tricks she uses many books, but of course I still didn't know who did it before Poirot told it.

message 4: by Malcolm (new)

Malcolm Noble | 0 comments Just finished. And it's much better than I remembered. I found it very satisfying as a murder story. Even though I recalled whodunnit, it was still a v relaxing read. Well done, Aggie

message 5: by Mark Pghfan (new)

Mark Pghfan | 95 comments Lauren, I noted too, that Poirot was in fact taken in during this case. There aren't many of those, though!

C. J. Scurria (goodreadscomcj_scurria) | 367 comments Mod
I read just a tiny bit of this, I love it already!

Still going through it unintentionally slowly but still love it so far. Anyone else enjoyed their first (second) reading of it?

Oh man, I hope the twist isn't obvious!

That is as close to not spoiling as I can get here...

Alberto I found this one rather predictable, and the clues easier to pick up than most. In one place, I actually said "wait a minute, that's not right" and went back to an earlier conversation to confirm. I had guessed early on, but at that point I knew for sure.

Sarah. B I have to say that this wasn't one of my favorites.
:-(

I'm doing terrible at reading this! To the point where I wonder if after this book I should after reading another quit temporarily for a while...

Thanks, Lauren! :)

Sorta just got past a certain part and noticed a quoted word. Inspector Japp calls Poirot "Touched." Could that mean blessed?

message 14: by Mark Pghfan (new)

Mark Pghfan | 95 comments "Touched" usually means something wrong with their brain or brain processes. To put it nicely.

message 15: by C. J. (last edited Dec 05, 2014 07:06PM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Oh okay. Never would have thought of that! Interesting.

Alberto Japp is always speculating that Poirot is "touched" or "has finally lost it" right before Poirot makes Japp looks like a doofus.

message 17: by C. J. (last edited Apr 08, 2015 06:18PM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Wow, I never caught that before! I could imagine Inspector Japp acting in such a way. I looked him up on Wikipedia and he seems to be a complicated (though jealous of Poirot) type of fellow.

Brooklyn Tayla (bookishbrooklyn) | 121 comments Ooooh, I love this one. I've read it a few times actually. The plot was very detailed, and I always enjoy Captain Hastings narrative. Always enjoy the banter between Poirot & Japp too ;)