Changes (The Dresden Files, #12)
This topic is about Changes
Archive - Series Reads > Changes (The Dresden Files #12) - November 2014

Comments Showing 1-9 of 9 (9 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Kristie, Moderator (new)

Kristie | 5884 comments Mod
Changes (The Dresden Files, #12) by Jim Butcher Changes by Jim Butcher
The 12th book in the Harry Dresden series.

Book Description
Long ago, Susan Rodriguez was Harry Dresden's lover—until she was attacked by his enemies, leaving her torn between her own humanity and the bloodlust of the vampiric Red Court. Susan then disappeared to South America, where she could fight both her savage gift and those who cursed her with it.

Now Arianna Ortega, Duchess of the Red Court, has discovered a secret Susan has long kept, and she plans to use it—against Harry. To prevail this time, he may have no choice but to embrace the raging fury of his own untapped dark power. Because Harry's not fighting to save the world...

He's fighting to save his child.

message 2: by Kristie, Moderator (new)

Ok...I haven't kept up with these, but this one sounds good!

ally  ¯\(ツ)/¯ (allykennedy) | 1002 comments Dang.. this does sound good.

But I also LOATHE Susan. Maybe next year I'll pick up this series again.

Valerie (darthval) | 411 comments This book was the best so far, in my opinion. Butcher really brings together so many of elements that make this a good series in an exciting way. Lots of suspense.

Ally, I am also not a Susan fan. (view spoiler)

I am afraid to say anything because I don't want to influence anyone, but I can't wait to see what you all think!

Also, for those of you who really like this series, if you are interested in reading and discussing more Urban Fantasy, I recommend checking out Urban Fantasy Aficionados.

Janina (sylarana) | 692 comments I just finished it and to me, it's also the best one so far. It really gripped me and I thoroughly enjoyed reading it (even the action scenes).
I like Susan .. (though she is probably one of my least favorite females in the series) and this book actually made me like her more.

I am completely in love with the ending!!! Can't wait for the next one! (Which is a first for me with Harry .. I've enjoyed most of the books, but they've never compelled me to want to read on right away.)

I wish there was a graphic novel version of these .. they almost feel like one.

message 6: by Kristie, Moderator (new)

I read something from Jim Butcher that said he always imagines these books as graphic novels. I think that's why they have that feel. Glad you liked this one. I didn't get to read it, but I thought it sounded really good.

Only two left to go!!

Valerie (darthval) | 411 comments Jim does say that he always imagined the series in graphic art form. He does so in the intro to Welcome to the Jungle, the first graphic novel spin off that takes place shortly before the events in Storm Front. I JUST picked this up from the library because it was on the same shelf as Beautiful Creatures: The Manga.

There are some other adaptations to the series available and more in progress. Some are original plot arcs outside of the book series, but I believe he adapted both Storm Front and Fool Moon.

I also read the single edition Jim Butcher's Dresden Files: Ghoul Goblin which was a fun side story.

message 8: by Kristie, Moderator (new)

Valerie wrote: "Jim does say that he always imagined the series in graphic art form. He does so in the intro to Welcome to the Jungle, the first graphic novel spin off that takes place shortly befo..."

Oh!! That's, right! That's where I read it. I knew I saw it somewhere. :)

message 9: by Lea (new) - rated it 4 stars

Lea (leaspot) | 77 comments I agree with Valerie and Janina; this was my favorite so far. :-)