WRITERS' CORNER discussion

Writing Contests > Contest ideas

Comments Showing 1-16 of 16 (16 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by [deleted user] (new)

If you have any ideas for upcoming contests please post them here.

message 2: by [deleted user] (new)

Ok. Here's some of my ideas.

Short story about your favorite character.
A song about your favorite character.

message 3: by [deleted user] (new)

Those are great ideas we will try to use them all.

Zombieslayer⚡Alienhunter (theslayingisthunter) A short story based, on part, on your own experience.
Not true non-fiction, just life inspired.

message 5: by anastasia (last edited Nov 25, 2014 07:08PM) (new)

anastasia  (anastasiarunelle) | 51 comments I used to co-mod a writing group and we did this contest called 'Three Pictures Short Story'. Basically, the mod posts three pictures of random things (whatever they'd like) every week and the members have to write a short story with all of the images in it. Or a poem.

message 6: by [deleted user] (new)

These are all good ideas. I'll keep them in mind next week when I post another contest.

message 7: by [deleted user] (new)

Still looking for ideas

message 8: by Travis (new)

Travis Berketa (travisberketa) | 555 comments Mod
How about choosing one of the lines in the First Sentences discussion and one of the lines in the Last Sentences discussion and getting people to write a short story using them as a beginning and end?

message 9: by [deleted user] (new)

interesting, good idea Travis

message 10: by [deleted user] (new)

We have to write a poem based off a random picture. The picture can be a place, a person, an object, or even just a texture.

We have to write a synopsis for a book cover (which actually just a random picture) you give us.

message 11: by [deleted user] (new)

-write a short story from the point of view of someone who is missing a sense (ex. Blind, deaf, etc.)

-write a sonnet without using common rhymes (ex. Cat, night, sit, etc.)

-write a short story that has, at least, 4 500 words. The story must include someone with a name of your choice and someone who dies/is dead.

message 12: by [deleted user] (new)

Write a Song or a little Story about your favorite character from your favorite movie. (I've done this before. Free to use.)

message 13: by Gretchen (new)

Gretchen Guerrettaz (gretchiepoo24) | 6 comments Something that you felt was and out of body experience. It could have happened to you or it could be made up..

message 14: by Madison (new)

Madison | 116 comments I've always like parallel timelines. Write a story of someone doing something in one time line and then the same character in a similar situation in a different timeline.

message 15: by Kay (new)

Kay a short story about a random object.

message 16: by Travis (new)

Travis Berketa (travisberketa) | 555 comments Mod
What sort of competition will get you writing? Please let us know here. We have so many members, but so little people contributing. So we want to start catering for whatever it is you would like to be part of.

Thanks

Travis