WRITERS' CORNER discussion

Random Writing Activities > First sentences

Comments Showing 1-50 of 175 (175 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3 4

message 1: by [deleted user] (new)

This is a place where you can post random first sentences for anything. Just to help get the ideas flowing.

message 2: by [deleted user] (new)

Rachel screamed. "What" Hayden said concerned. "Sp-sp-sp-spider" Rachel finally manged to get out.

message 3: by alessia (new)

alessia (classick) She told me she wanted me to break it.

message 4: by alessia (new)

alessia (classick) It came, bringing a tide of dread with it. It was a text. It said, "Now."

message 5: by [deleted user] (new)

OHHHH Suspense I like it

message 6: by [deleted user] (new)

She walked up to the door and knocked.

message 7: by [deleted user] (last edited Feb 06, 2015 07:55PM) (new)

"It told me too", the boy said, as he stood up from the pool of blood that he was sitting in.

message 8: by Tamara (new)

Tamara Georges  (tamarasinnamon) A dark figure hovered over me. Cold dread seized my heart and my thoughts went wild with fear. Fear for my life.

message 9: by [deleted user] (last edited Nov 12, 2014 05:01PM) (new)

The guns rang out, then there was silence.

message 10: by Zippymae (new)

Zippymae | 8 comments Get the child and run they're here. The future of the kingdom is in your hands.

message 11: by [deleted user] (new)

Run and never look back.

message 12: by Tamara (new)

Tamara Georges  (tamarasinnamon) There was a flash of light, a moment of searing pain, and then everything went black.

message 13: by alessia (new)

alessia (classick) Once upon a time, there was a vibrant family of six.

And then there wasn't.

message 14: by [deleted user] (new)

I love pie.

Isabel of the Sea (oceangirlie) I thought life was terrible then, I discovered it was an adventure to stay alive.

message 16: by [deleted user] (new)

Welcome to the summer that changed my life forever.

message 17: by Tamara (new)

Tamara Georges  (tamarasinnamon) Hiding isn't an option, this is a risk I must take.

message 18: by [deleted user] (new)

"Protect your sister Michael" was the last thing my mom ever said to me, and now my sisters gone.

Zombieslayer⚡Alienhunter (theslayingisthunter) My heart pounded in my chest as the guns hammered off around us, Jewel clung to my legs and cried for Mom.

message 20: by Zombieslayer⚡Alienhunter (last edited Nov 24, 2014 09:35AM) (new)

Zombieslayer⚡Alienhunter (theslayingisthunter) Through tear-blurred eyes, my brother looked at me with a desperate look as he took my hand in both of his and pressed the locket into my palm, softly murmering "It's up to you now."

message 21: by [deleted user] (last edited Nov 24, 2014 02:33PM) (new)

I was never alive, but neither was I dead.

Isabel of the Sea (oceangirlie) This may be a lame introduction but hey, that is how human I am.

Zombieslayer⚡Alienhunter (theslayingisthunter) Ocean, I love yours!
And Tessa, I love yours 'the guns rang out, then there was silence. Both very good.

message 24: by Tamara (new)

Tamara Georges  (tamarasinnamon) 'Believing is seeing', or so they say.

Isabel of the Sea (oceangirlie) @Z thank you!

There was a figure running inn a black mask at the twilight hour but no human was in site.

message 26: by [deleted user] (new)

Try as they might, they were destined to fail. I just hope we aren't.

Isabel of the Sea (oceangirlie) The cold snow outside piled up, and the flaming fire burned as Justin read by the window.

message 28: by [deleted user] (new)

"Mama" little Jesse screamed as the creature came nearer and nearer.

message 29: by Corey (new)

Corey Lorini | 3 comments In the distance, on a land Jane had not yet walked, lay the receipt for a half soul not spent.

Zombieslayer⚡Alienhunter (theslayingisthunter) The sky, tinged a heavy black, felt like it was suffocating me as I emerged from my prison.

message 31: by [deleted user] (new)

I gasped and shut my eyes.

Zombieslayer⚡Alienhunter (theslayingisthunter) The hit came from behind, she couldn't have stopped him if she tried.

message 33: by [deleted user] (new)

Red, white, and black.

Zombieslayer⚡Alienhunter (theslayingisthunter) I didn't care one way or another; it was this dumbass's funeral.

message 35: by Corey (new)

Corey Lorini | 3 comments An infinitely expanding universe with infinite possiblities, and today of all days is when my water breaks.

message 36: by alessia (new)

alessia (classick) It's an ordinary day in Hell.

Zombieslayer⚡Alienhunter (theslayingisthunter) Zombieslayer/alienhunter wrote: "I didn't care one way or another; it was this dumbass's funeral."

Guys, I'm actually doing a story starting with this sentence.
Will be posted soon. Look for it under 'Army of One'.

Isabel of the Sea (oceangirlie) The last chance at living.

message 39: by Rhystlynne (new)

Rhystlynne (inkbottleburning) | 314 comments I always knew that death was inevitable, but I never thought I would die like that.

message 40: by Rhystlynne (new)

Rhystlynne (inkbottleburning) | 314 comments How can you trust someone who's the suspect for the murder of your sister?

message 41: by [deleted user] (new)

"Ding dong ding", went the bell.

Zombieslayer⚡Alienhunter (theslayingisthunter) When did it all go to hell?

message 43: by [deleted user] (new)

Alex didn't know which was worse, her mom or her dad.

message 44: by [deleted user] (new)

There was something about preparing for one's impending doom that seemed to put everyone in a somber mood.

message 45: by em_panada (last edited Jan 02, 2015 06:37PM) (new)

em_panada I find the best way to start a story is to tell it from the beginning<\i>

message 46: by [deleted user] (new)

Sadie sat at the end of the pier and closed her eyes.

Zombieslayer⚡Alienhunter (theslayingisthunter) I wish I knew when things got this way.

message 48: by em_panada (new)

em_panada This was going to be a piece of cake, a piece of pound cake that is.

Zombieslayer⚡Alienhunter (theslayingisthunter) This was never going to work.

message 50: by Rhystlynne (new)

Rhystlynne (inkbottleburning) | 314 comments This is us.

« previous 1 3 4