The Chapter 5 Book Club discussion

Half-Blood (Covenant, #1)
This topic is about Half-Blood
Jennifer L. Armentrout > November Book Club Discussion: HALF-BLOOD by Jennifer L. Armentrout

Comments Showing 1-43 of 43 (43 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Chapter Five (new)

Chapter Five (Chapter5Books) | 43 comments Mod
We're so excited to read Half-Blood by Jennifer L. Armentrout! We want to share the swoons so we're giving away 20 copies over here.

Hope you're all having a good Halloween!

Kayleigh {K-Books} (kayley_12) | 2 comments I absolutely adore this series. It's my fave series of all time. I was lucky enough to get ARCs as they published in the US so I am crazy excited about them getting published in the UK finally.

Can't wait to re-read it this month with everyone.

Daphne (Illumicrate) (daph) | 13 comments Ooh, I don't have a copy yet so I'll quickly have a look! I'm excited for my first Armentrout as Kayleigh always goes on about her :)

message 4: by Chapter Five (new)

So, our Half-Blood giveaway has ended and twenty of you lucky people will be receiving your copy in the post in the next couple of days :)

In the meantime... did anyone who already has a copy start reading over the weekend?

Shaz  | 2 comments So EXICTED to be re-reading this amazing novel this month with you all. :)

Zareena (zareenatheslantedbookshelf) | 13 comments Love, love, love this book! So happy about re-reading it :D

Daphne (Illumicrate) (daph) | 13 comments For anyone that's already read it, what do you love about it most? (no spoilers please if possible!)

Leah (uncorkedthoughts) I loved it, Daphne. It was my very first JLA and it definitely won't be my last! I'm usually a little sceptical when it comes to the whole romance side of things but this book was perfection!

Just_me | 2 comments Whoop I won a copy, so looking forwards to getting stuck in :)

Zareena (zareenatheslantedbookshelf) | 13 comments Daphne wrote: "For anyone that's already read it, what do you love about it most? (no spoilers please if possible!)"

I love Alex's sarcasm, she makes me laugh so much :) And of course there's Aiden *swoon*!

Shaz  | 2 comments Zareena (The Slanted Bookshelf) wrote: "Daphne wrote: "For anyone that's already read it, what do you love about it most? (no spoilers please if possible!)"

I love Alex's sarcasm, she makes me laugh so much :) And of course there's Aide..."

Agreed, love Alex's sarky comments and Aiden *heart eyes*

Tugce (tugce_talks) I started reading it yesterday and wow I loved the book already after chapter 2. Just wow.
I have a prediction of what might happen, hope it doesn't happen :(

message 13: by Sabrina (new) - added it

Sabrina Saw the comments about Alex's sarcasm and I was like "A SARCASTIC BOY, HUH? C'MERE BABY, LET ME GET MY HANDS ON YA!!" Definitely reading it then! x)

Tugce (tugce_talks) Wow, stayed up until 3 reading this book and it was amazing! Although i predicted most of what was going to happen it didn't take away anything from my experience.
I love Alex and Aiden so much, hope they get together in the following books in the series.
Thank you guys for choosing this book as it has easily become my favourite book of the year :)

message 15: by Pat (new) - rated it 4 stars

Pat Received my copy of "Half Blood".
Will start reading it Wednesday 12th, looking forward to reading it :)

Keeley | 2 comments I'll have to give this months book a miss as iv already read this one. I also seem to be the only person that didn't recon much to it too....sorry :( I know I know, this author is fantastic and it's so not normal of me to dislike one of her books but I really wasn't feeling it at all:(

message 17: by Chapter Five (last edited Nov 11, 2014 10:20AM) (new)

So, where have you guys got to? Has there been a kiss with a certain someone yet...? (Trying not to be non-spoiler-y here!)

Katie (Kitkatscanread) (kitkatscanread) | 2 comments I have read this already last month and ugh was so good! I love the idea of Pures and Half Bloods. Plus Aidan <3 Nom nom.

-BeautifullyBookish- (beautifullybookish) | 3 comments I bought this book a little while ago so I might pick it up now. I have read the first 3 Lux books and I enjoyed them, I will be reading the last two sometime soon. I am definitely excited to pick this one up and this may be the little push I need :)

Just_me | 2 comments Just finished this evening! Great read and I love the characters. Looks like I now need to get copies of the rest of the books.

message 21: by Pat (new) - rated it 4 stars

Pat On page 188 and really enjoying it.

message 22: by Pat (new) - rated it 4 stars

Pat Finished :)
Fantastic, really enjoyed this novel. I intend to get the other
novels in this "Covenant" series.

Zareena (zareenatheslantedbookshelf) | 13 comments Pat wrote: "Finished :)
Fantastic, really enjoyed this novel. I intend to get the other
novels in this "Covenant" series."

Each one is better than the last :)

message 24: by Charlotte (new) - added it

Charlotte | 1 comments On my to-read list

Fiona Hopkins (feehop) | 3 comments Almost finished reading this - am rather enjoying it. Initially it reminded me of (and still does to some extent) the Vampire Academy books by Richelle Mead(which are great). The relationship between Alex and Aidan echos Rose and Dimitri characters from that series. I do find it is holding it's own and as with the Lux series, Jennifer L Armentrout keeps the reader interested with plenty going on. Glad this appeared on the book club advert on my homepage!

Rachel (aka Ms4Tune) (rachel254) | 4 comments Fiona wrote: "Almost finished reading this - am rather enjoying it. Initially it reminded me of (and still does to some extent) the Vampire Academy books by Richelle Mead(which are great). The relationship bet..."

I've just started (I'm at 13%) and I've been thinking the same, its quite similar to VA. But I like the greek mythology twist to this one and, while I found Dimitri quite cold and a bit unlikeable at the beginning, I'm already loving Aidan.

Daphne (Illumicrate) (daph) | 13 comments I just started reading it today. I haven't personally read VA so I don't have anything to compare it to, but I'm quite enjoying it. I like 'boarding schools' and I like the training so far.

Fiona Hopkins (feehop) | 3 comments Rachel Filer wrote: "Fiona wrote: "Almost finished reading this - am rather enjoying it. Initially it reminded me of (and still does to some extent) the Vampire Academy books by Richelle Mead(which are great). The re..."
I agree - Dimitri took a while to warm to - and ultimately doesn't ever become as endearing as Aidan. I think its the type of character and the circumstances - instructor/student role that mirrors the VA series. It didnt detract from my enjoyment of the book, I am very much looking forward to the next step in Alex's journey. I also liked the greek mythology angle too.

Samina The Story Devourer  | 4 comments I do agree with the comparison with VA. It starts of very much like VA with teacher- instructor and having to do extra lessons. Story of a rebellious girl in a special boarding school with two different classes of students.

But as the series moves, believe me, it turns a decisive turn away from Richelle Mead's iconic series.

Daphne (Illumicrate) (daph) | 13 comments I'm kind of frustrated by Alex's silly actions, but I have to admit to liking Aidan/Alex and Seth/Alex interactions!

Rachel (aka Ms4Tune) (rachel254) | 4 comments I just finished and I really liked it! Although it started like VA it quickly moved away from that. I agree Daphne, what was with Alex? She kept acting without thinking, especially when the consequences were supposedly really bad!

I don't usually like the idea of two different love interests but in this one it works.

I have already bought book 2 as I can't wait to see what happens next!

message 32: by Chapter Five (new)

*SPOILER ALERT*

Do you think Alex's actions in going hunting for her mum were brave and selfless, or stupid and reckless?

Samina The Story Devourer  | 4 comments I think it is all of the above.

message 34: by Chapter Five (new)

Samina ~ Escapism~ wrote: "I think it is all of the above."
Agreed!

message 35: by Chapter Five (new)

Hey everyone, Jennifer will be doing a Q&A over here on Monday! Get your questions in!

message 36: by Amy (new) - rated it 5 stars

Amy Burch | 2 comments This is by far my favourite series Series and even after reading hundreds of books Aiden St Delphi is still my #1 Book boyfriend!
I am so excited that Seth is getting his own series next year!! Can't wait!.

message 37: by Cora (new) - rated it 3 stars

Cora Tea Party Princess (corazie) What struck me most when I was reading was the similarities to VA at first.

Alex frustrated me an awful lot. She was very much act now, think later and it didn't seem to fit so well with the rest of her character.

I lent this to one of my friends because I did quite enjoy it, but she wans't such a fan.

Yamii | 2 comments Aiden is my #1 book Boyfriend <3 *Sigh*

message 39: by [deleted user] (new)

I just wanted to say that you are an amazing author!!!! I love your Supernatural references lol!!! My question: What actors do you think would play your characters on the rumored t.v show? Thanks!!

Amanda Hi Jennifer!!!! I totally love your books and I always reread all of them. so my question is in many of your books, you have a certain place. Like your settings are all different. Have you been to each of these places or did you think of them from the top of your head? is there a specific reason why you choose these settings?

message 41: by Eva (new) - rated it 5 stars

Eva | 7 comments Best series

message 42: by Isis (new) - rated it 5 stars

Isis (bookgirl120) Well I actually read the book months ago. I marathoned the whole series. Half blood is my favorite. I cried though the whole book for some reason.

Jasmine (jassimplyreads) I LOVE this series and it was my first JLA series as well! They were fantastic!