Rated YA-MA discussion

Archive > November On-Deck

Comments Showing 1-21 of 21 (21 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Isamlq (last edited Oct 31, 2014 09:41AM) (new)

Isamlq | 612 comments What do you guys have planned? I'm looking forward to Undivided (Unwind, #4) by Neal Shusterman Chasing Power by Sarah Beth Durst and Sisters in Sanity by Gayle Forman Then I've a whole lot of galleys that I've collected. I'm hoping to narrow my list down and get some actual pen-to-paper reviewing done this month (key word: hoping.)

message 2: by Christie (last edited Oct 31, 2014 12:54PM) (new)

Christie (cereale) I'm trying not to plan too much to read heading into my last 6 weeks of school, but I do have some things I'm looking forward to in November:

Current Reads:
The Sweet Far Thing (Gemma Doyle, #3) by Libba Bray A Sound Among the Trees by Susan Meissner

Group Reads:
The Madman's Daughter (The Madman's Daughter, #1) by Megan Shepherd

Challenge Reads:
In the Shadow of the Lamp by Susanne Dunlap Splendor (Luxe, #4) by Anna Godbersen Deadly by Julie Chibbaro

New Releases:
Smoke Gets in Your Eyes And Other Lessons from the Crematory by Caitlin Doughty Leaving Time by Jodi Picoult The Cure for Dreaming by Cat Winters Mortal Heart (His Fair Assassin, #3) by Robin LaFevers

My theme this month is apparently pretty dresses.

message 3: by Sandra (new)

Sandra | 867 comments Currently reading: Burn for Me (Hidden Legacy, #1) by Ilona Andrews
Finish what you started challenge:
Fractured (Guards of the Shadowlands, #2) by Sarah Fine
Plus:
UnWholly (Unwind, #2) by Neal Shusterman Shadow of Night (All Souls Trilogy, #2) by Deborah Harkness Exquisite Captive (Dark Caravan Cycle #1) by Heather Demetrios

message 4: by Wendy F (new)

Wendy F (blessedwannab) | 2731 comments Just a few that I will definitely read this month:

Undivided (Unwind, #4) by Neal Shusterman Symbiont (Parasitology, #2) by Mira Grant Summer Knight (The Dresden Files #4) by Jim Butcher

And a few things for the challenge. :)

message 5: by Angie (new)

Angie (pinkindle) | 828 comments Read: Hot Secrets (Tall, Dark & Deadly #1) by Lisa Renee Jones

Reading: Avoiding Commitment (Avoiding, #1) by K.A. Linde

To Read: Avoiding Decisions (Avoiding, #1.5) by K.A. Linde Avoiding Responsibility (Avoiding, #2) by K.A. Linde Avoiding Intimacy (Avoiding, #2.5) by K.A. Linde Avoiding Temptation (Avoiding, #3) by K.A. Linde The Madman's Daughter (The Madman's Daughter, #1) by Megan Shepherd Her Dark Curiosity (The Madman's Daughter, #2) by Megan Shepherd If You've Got It, Haunt It (A Haunted Vintage Mystery #1) by Rose Pressey Tagged for Death A Sarah Winston Garage Sale Mystery by Sherry Harris This Night So Dark (Starbound, #1.5) by Amie Kaufman This Shattered World (Starbound, #2) by Amie Kaufman

And whatever else tickles my fancy.

message 6: by Dee (new)

Dee (austhokie) | 333 comments i'm stuck on UnSouled so I nee to finish thatb efore I can start Undivided

message 7: by Ashley Marie (last edited Nov 03, 2014 10:17AM) (new)

Ashley Marie Currently: The Tone Poet by Mark Rickert Hounded (The Iron Druid Chronicles, #1) by Kevin Hearne Daughters of the Witching Hill by Mary Sharratt

Next up: The Maze Runner (Maze Runner, #1) by James Dashner and a TBD

At some point in the month: Brew (Salem's Revenge, #1) by David Estes Boil (Salem's Revenge, #2) by David Estes

message 8: by Kristina (new)

Kristina | 54 comments Currently reading: The Eye of Minds (The Mortality Doctrine, #1) by James Dashner

To read: Graduation Day (The Testing, #3) by Joelle Charbonneau In a Handful of Dust (Not a Drop to Drink, #2) by Mindy McGinnis Day 21 (The Hundred, #2) by Kass Morgan The Infinite Sea (The Fifth Wave #2) by Rick Yancey

message 9: by Ashley Marie (new)

Ashley Marie Dee wrote: "i'm stuck on UnSouled so I nee to finish thatb efore I can start Undivided"

ahhh I saw Unwind at the library the other day and came SO close to picking it up! can't wait to start that series, it sounds fantastic.

message 10: by Stacia (the 2010 club), groupaholic (new)

Stacia (the 2010 club) (stacia_r) | 5139 comments Ashley wrote: "Currently: The Tone Poet by Mark Rickert Hounded (The Iron Druid Chronicles, #1) by Kevin Hearne Daughters of the Witching Hill by Mary Sharratt

Next up: The Maze Runner (Maze Runner, #1) by James Dashner and a TBD

At some point i..."

I love the Iron Druid Chronicles. It's such a fun series.

message 11: by Stacia (the 2010 club), groupaholic (new)

Stacia (the 2010 club) (stacia_r) | 5139 comments So far, I'm hoping to read :

UnWholly (Unwind, #2) by Neal Shusterman The Madman's Daughter (The Madman's Daughter, #1) by Megan Shepherd The Winter King (Weathermages of Mystral, #1) by C.L. Wilson

After that, I'm not sure.

message 12: by Stacia (the 2010 club), groupaholic (new)

Stacia (the 2010 club) (stacia_r) | 5139 comments How did everyone do this month? What were your hits and misses?

message 13: by Sandra (new)

Sandra | 867 comments Loved Burn for Me (Hidden Legacy, #1) by Ilona Andrews Clean Sweep (Innkeeper Chronicles #1) by Ilona Andrews UnWholly (Unwind, #2) by Neal Shusterman
Really liked A Week to Be Wicked (Spindle Cove, #2) by Tessa Dare
Indiferent about UnStrung (Unwind, #1.5) by Neal Shusterman Tempt Me at Twilight (The Hathaways, #3) by Lisa Kleypas

message 14: by Ashley Marie (last edited Dec 01, 2014 12:02PM) (new)

Ashley Marie Loved The Cuckoo's Calling (Cormoran Strike, #1) by Robert Galbraith The Silkworm (Cormoran Strike, #2) by Robert Galbraith Gone Girl by Gillian Flynn Hunger (Riders of the Apocalypse, #1) by Jackie Morse Kessler

Really liked Hounded (The Iron Druid Chronicles, #1) by Kevin Hearne Daughters of the Witching Hill by Mary Sharratt

Iffy about Amber House (Amber House, #1) by Kelly Moore

Didn't like The Maze Runner (Maze Runner, #1) by James Dashner

Finishing tonight and LOVING IT Horns by Joe Hill

Didn't happen Brew (Salem's Revenge, #1) by David Estes Boil (Salem's Revenge, #2) by David Estes

message 15: by Wendy F (new)

Wendy F (blessedwannab) | 2731 comments I knocked out Undivided (Unwind, #4) by Neal Shusterman Symbiont (Parasitology, #2) by Mira Grant Hate is Such a Strong Word by Sarah Ayoub The Final Descent (The Monstrumologist #4) by Rick Yancey Revival by Stephen King Somebody Killed His Editor (Holmes & Moriarity, #1) by Josh Lanyon All She Wrote (Holmes & Moriarity, #2) by Josh Lanyon

Better than my stats for the last few months. :)

my favorites were Undivided and Somebody Killed His Editor.

message 16: by Christie (new)

Christie (cereale) Read all but one on my list (because the library still doesn't have it).

4 stars: Smoke Gets in Your Eyes And Other Lessons from the Crematory by Caitlin Doughty The Cure for Dreaming by Cat Winters Splendor (Luxe, #4) by Anna Godbersen When She Woke by Hillary Jordan

3 stars: The Sweet Far Thing (Gemma Doyle, #3) by Libba Bray Deadly by Julie Chibbaro The Madman's Daughter (The Madman's Daughter, #1) by Megan Shepherd A Sound Among the Trees by Susan Meissner

2 stars: Leaving Time by Jodi Picoult In the Shadow of the Lamp by Susanne Dunlap

message 18: by Carina (new)

Carina  | 1629 comments I got thru my whole list this month!!

Read: Deity (Covenant, #3) by Jennifer L. Armentrout
Loved:
Really liked: Deity (Covenant, #3) by Jennifer L. Armentrout
On the fence about: Deity (Covenant, #3) by Jennifer L. Armentrout
And my favorite this month: Deity (Covenant, #3) by Jennifer L. Armentrout

Haha! You really put me to shame Angie!!

message 19: by Angie (new)

Angie (pinkindle) | 828 comments I always read way more in November and I have no idea why! Last year I read like 50.

message 20: by Stacia (the 2010 club), groupaholic (new)

Stacia (the 2010 club) (stacia_r) | 5139 comments I spent some of November re-reading my way through the BDB series. I was in the mood to stick with something familiar and not have to put effort into learning new characters/worlds. So that was fun.

What else I read :

Goddess of the Rose (Goddess Summoning, #4) by P.C. Cast The Madman's Daughter (The Madman's Daughter, #1) by Megan Shepherd Magic Embrace by Jennifer Horsman The Understatement of the Year (The Ivy Years, #3) by Sarina Bowen Mackenzie's Mountain (Mackenzie Family, #1) by Linda Howard UnWholly (Unwind, #2) by Neal Shusterman

Favorite : The Madman's Daughter (The Madman's Daughter, #1) by Megan Shepherd

Really liked : UnWholly (Unwind, #2) by Neal Shusterman

Pretty bad : Magic Embrace by Jennifer Horsman (although it was an 80's bodice ripper, so I wasn't expecting great. I was just curious about the magic panther in the story.)

message 21: by Ashley Marie (new)

Ashley Marie Angie wrote: "I always read way more in November and I have no idea why! Last year I read like 50."

holy cheese Angie, you read about as much as I bought this month!