Women's Classic Literature Enthusiasts discussion

Agnes Grey
This topic is about Agnes Grey
Agnes Grey > Agnes Grey Discussion Schedule

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Anastasia Kinderman | 654 comments Mod
The November read is Agnes Grey by Anne Bronte. I believe the book has 25 chapters, if anyone else finds this is different for them please let me know.

Discussion schedule:
Week 1: November 1-7 - Chapters 1-6
Week 2: November 8-14 - Chapters 7-12
Week 3: November 15-21 - Chapters 13-18
Week 4: November 22-28 - Chapters 19-24
Week 5: November 29 & 30 - Chapter 25

Who will be reading along with me? :) I'm excited to dive in, I recently started Jane Eyre but haven't read anything by the Brontes before this.

Andrea AKA Catsos Person (catsosperson) | 315 comments I'll be reading this. It looks interesting.

Until you posted the reading schedule, I couldn't figure out what the November title was.

message 3: by Anastasia Kinderman, The Only (last edited Oct 31, 2014 12:57PM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Andrea (Catsos Person) wrote: "I'll be reading this. It looks interesting.

Until you posted the reading schedule, I couldn't figure out what the November title was."

It does!

It should say what the upcoming read is on the group front page. You can also scroll down to the bottom of the page and see all the upcoming books and when we start reading them.

Andrea AKA Catsos Person (catsosperson) | 315 comments Oh! I couldn't see this months's selection because I was using the app. In the future I will check the group page via a PC.

Andrea (Catsos Person) wrote: "Oh! I couldn't see this months's selection because I was using the app. In the future I will check the group page via a PC."

Oh yes the app needs some work, lol.

Lisa (lisadannatt) | 304 comments Someone told this story in another group I'm in. I loved it and thought I'd share it.

Once JE, WH and AG had all been published, there was much speculation about the author, not only whether the author was a man or a woman; but that one person penned all three novels. The Bronte sisters travelled to London together by train (I can just picture their country dresses and bonnets) and presented themselves to the publisher. Not to prove that they were women; but that they were three.

Lisa wrote: "Someone told this story in another group I'm in. I loved it and thought I'd share it.

Once JE, WH and AG had all been published, there was much speculation about the author, not only whether the a..."

Wow, I can see that happening haha!

Women's Classic Literature Enthusiasts

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

Agnes Grey (other topics)