Doggie Book Club discussion

Is this club still active..??

Comments Showing 1-12 of 12 (12 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Colin (new)

Colin Campbell | 3 comments Just signed up, but it appears that new titles and regular posts seemed to stop sometime last year??? Is this accurate or am I missing an important link? Has there been any new club that focuses on dog books emerge?? Thanks!

message 2: by Barbara (new)

Barbara Hodges (bassetbarb) | 5 comments It wasn't well received at that time. But I'm
willing to give it another go. All of my books have a basset hound in them.

If you know of more authors with dogs in their books, or know of folks who love to read books with dogs, then guide them this way.

message 3: by Susan (new)

Susan (mysterywriter) | 1 comments I'm game! In addition to my own Waterside Kennels mysteries series (first book is Deadly Ties) here are some of my favorite authors who write dog-related fiction:
Susan Conant
Laurien Berenson
Sue Owens Wright
Sue Owens Wright
Donna BallC.A. Newsome

p.s. This isn't meant as a complete list, so I hope others will add away!

message 4: by Barbara (new)

Barbara Hodges (bassetbarb) | 5 comments Love Donna Ball and Sue Owens Wright! All of my books have a basset hound in them also.

message 5: by Jessica (new)

Jessica Mowry | 1 comments I have read all fo Susan Conant's Dog Lovers mysteries need to get more of Laurien Berenson's books so I can start at the beginning of the series but have picked up 2 of her books haven't heard of Donna Ball or Sue Owen's Wright

message 6: by Barbara (new)

Barbara Hodges (bassetbarb) | 5 comments Donna Ball's series features a golden retreiver who is a search and rescue dog.

Sue Owens Wright's have a basset hound in them. I'll have to check out Susan Conant.

message 7: by loveabull (last edited Nov 03, 2014 07:52PM) (new)

loveabull | 2 comments I was curious if this group was active too. Yehoots, I didn't even know GoodReads had groups. One of my favorite dog authors is Susan Wilson. I'm a bully breed advocate so that's my main interest. Of course a good writer can make it's canine character "everydog".

message 8: by Chaz3 (last edited Nov 04, 2014 11:06AM) (new)

Chaz3 | 4 comments Authors
Carol Lea Benjamin
David Rosenfelt Author
Donna Ball Author:
Ellen O'Connell
Katy Munger
Ronie Kendig
Susan Conant Author
Virginia Lanier
all 5 star author’s of dog books (IMO)
edited to make reader friendly

message 9: by Amber (new)

Amber Polo (amberpolo) | 3 comments I have a giveaway in process for the latest in my dog fantasy series. "Reprinted" features a Chihuahua shifter going nose to nose with werewolf ebook pirates.
Here's the link https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/2...
BTW Reprinted (The Shapeshifters' Library 4) by Amber Polo - Donna Ball is my editor and publisher.Reprinted

message 10: by loveabull (new)

loveabull | 2 comments Yeah, holy crap maybe we can get this thread started again.

message 11: by Penny (new)

Penny (veteran1976) Sounds great! Looking forward to it.

message 12: by Ellen (new)

Ellen Gilman | 13 comments I'am the author of Mollie's Tail and would be interested in being a part of this group.