A Stolen Life A Stolen Life discussion

A Stolen Life Review

Comments Showing 1-2 of 2 (2 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Taron (new) - added it

Taron Harley A Stolen Life is different from all of the other books that I have read. This is, in fact, the first biography that I have ever read that involved child abduction and abuse both physically and mentally. It was nearly impossible to stop reading and to not go through this book heartbroken. Jaycee Dugard makes you feel exactly what she is when something is happening. It’s almost like you and her have switched places. Have you ever heard of the saying “You couldn’t walk a mile in my shoes.”
I also enjoyed reading this book because it was filled with suspense. No matter what, you just couldn’t figure out what was going to happen next. So many emotions were flowing out of this book. It had gotten to the point where I had to put the book down and do something else to take my mind off of the cruel things happening to her. The only part of this book that upset me to the point where I wanted to stop reading is the fact that Jaycee’s captor made so many excuses as to why he was doing what he did. How can someone actually plan and go through with kidnapping an innocent defenseless child?! How could you sleep at night, knowing her and her family are devasted and afraid. I just don’t understand the cruelty and sickness of some people.
This book is unique is so many ways. I loved the pauses in between every couple of chapters. They would just go on and on about how hard it is for her to write this book or they would explain her life with her amazing daughters and so on. Jaycee Lee Dugard is inspirational in a way. I feel as though she gives off these vibes that indicate how strong she is. I also feel that this book is a way of her accepting what happened to her and just moving on from it.
Overall, this book deserves 5-stars because of the way it speaks out to you. The way it lures your emotional side to surface. I recommend this book to anyone interested in a well-written, tear-jerking, stomach-wrenching, heartbreaking and upsetting biography.

Karen Mccollin when I read this book I cried but I could not put it down, I had to find out what she went through in the hands of two very sick people, she was strong not only for herself but for her daughters, and I have to give her praise for taking the time to share her story with the world.